User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    eNFP

Default ENFPs and perception of "well-likedness"

Awhile ago, in one of the other ENFP discussions, it was said at least once that ENFPs will sometimes be quite popular, yet without realizing the extent to which they are well-liked. What have your experiences been (either yourself as an ENFP, or with other people who are of that type)? And if this is so, and is somehow an "ENFP thing," why do you think this is?

autumn

cause we're awesome?

MBTI
    enfp

i dunno lately, i been in a funk...

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

On a couple occasions, I have had someone who I didn't realise even noticed me turn around and go, "You're so nice!" or some other random compliment, which always sort of surprises me.

I guess when I want to be, I'm pretty likeable.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ

I would say that it's because ENFPs are easy to talk to, and they generally like meeting new people. Both ENFPs I am friends with have greater breadth than depth when it comes to their friendships. All it takes is one good first impression for people to like you, really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Hmm... well, it's nice to be likeable! Yet, I don't think I aspire to be liked by everyone in a popular intentional sort of way. Like arcticangel, I don't believe I am really aware of it. As ENFP, I mostly love to entertain and send exuberant appreciation towards those I deem especially awesome and desire to receive their enjoyment of me in return. If I like you, I hope you like me!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

The ENFP can often get so wrapped up in possibilities and connections that they neglect what is right in front of them. ENFPs I've known personally are aware of their popularity, but don't really value it like the ESFP.

Anyway, that is one INFP's observations.

MBTI
    EXXP

For being as aware as I am of my environment, I am awfully dense when it comes to myself. It wasn't until I was elected homecoming queen that I realized that a lot of people liked me.

I'm more prone to notice and care when someone doesn't like me.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    Awhile ago, in one of the other ENFP discussions, it was said at least once that ENFPs will sometimes be quite popular, yet without realizing the extent to which they are well-liked. What have your experiences been (either yourself as an ENFP, or with other people who are of that type)? And if this is so, and is somehow an "ENFP thing," why do you think this is?

autumn
    I'm not personally aware if I'm popular or not. It doens't really matter if I'm popular because it's not the general popularity that I'm mainly interested in. I'm more interested in discussing with individual people and getting along, having a good time with people etc. So, it's more important to have interesting and fun people around than being popular. I do notice straight away if somebody (an individual) does not like me.

MBTI
    ENFP

i assume i'm really not that popular... but i went and isolated myself for a few weeks and everybody was thrown off by it. they were like, where the hell did vince go?!