User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    EXXP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    B-I-N-G-O!!!!

I really can't wait to meet another ENFP.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Its either an instant bond, or an uneasy feeling of competition in the air. Though you can make a friendship through the uneasiness and end up with a badass bond.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Eh, I think the trait you described would likely be more akin to either or both the ESFP and the ENFJ types.
    I definitely think ENFPs want to be well-liked at least as much as the types you mentioned....though they may not necessarily go about it the "nice" way.

Anyway, ajblaise didn't really say anything much different from the OP. He just sounded a little more annoyed by the trait. I noticed you didn't react the same way to anyone else who said the same thing in a more complimentary way...
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    And its funny because they can't do anything about me spiting them because the majority of the people around us would side with me on any argument i bring up vs. random person.

and strength in numbers can dominate logic if there's enough peer pressure. (imo, and situational)
    Oh woah are we with no willpower. Welcome to 90% of the population.

Most ENFP's are very friendly but it is more fun to get inside their heads...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Good luck getting into the head of one of the personality types that intrudes minds the most and tries to predict everyone's next step in conversation.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    On a couple occasions, I have had someone who I didn't realise even noticed me turn around and go, "You're so nice!" or some other random compliment, which always sort of surprises me.

I guess when I want to be, I'm pretty likeable.
    The same for me! I think that ENFP:s usually are unaware of people liking them.. I get surprised all the time with sudden "You're so genuine" from people I thought didn't like me, or the latest chock "I've loved you for 10 years" from an old collegue

I think most ENFP:s are well-liked, when they WANT to be, just like you say. I find it a bit strange though that ALL INFJ:s I meet turn out to like me, and all of my closest friends are of that type.. And, of course I like them too . I wonder why though? Anyone who has the same experience?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    Its either an instant bond, or an uneasy feeling of competition in the air. Though you can make a friendship through the uneasiness and end up with a badass bond.
    Exactly! More often it's an instant bond with other ENFP:s for me, but I guess it's because I'm surrounded by ESTJ/ISTJ types and therefore feel like a puppy in love when meeting another ENFP!

Have any of you ENFP:s had a romantic relationship with another ENFP? How did it go?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by BlownAway View Post
    The same for me! I think that ENFP:s usually are unaware of people liking them.. I get surprised all the time with sudden "You're so genuine" from people I thought didn't like me, or the latest chock "I've loved you for 10 years" from an old collegue

I think most ENFP:s are well-liked, when they WANT to be, just like you say. I find it a bit strange though that ALL INFJ:s I meet turn out to like me, and all of my closest friends are of that type.. And, of course I like them too . I wonder why though? Anyone who has the same experience?
    Care to share?

And for your second paragraph, see this: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...infjs-why.html

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

man we're getting LOT of love lately. must be because i haven't be posting that often, makes our general image better . i think most of the ENFP's here got it right. personally, i do care what others think (NF emotional dwelling), but that's not my motivation to make friends. we want to be true to ourselves after all. my motivation is wanting to establish a true bond with someone else. i believe that pretty much everyone can get along with each other given a bit of communication. therefore i try and live it. i often go way beyond 50% to try and establish a bond, especially with the more introverted types. they often come around too .

i guess at the end of the day, i won't view popularity itself as something sacred like (apparently) some ESFP's. what i do like is feeling that i can connect with people. there is a difference. therefore i sometimes wonder if i'm just getting along with everyone rather than really being liked. what's important to me is not always obvious, you see. i guess that does backfire in stuff like relationships. somehow, us ENFP's are great at reading people, yet can fall flat on our face when it comes to reading 'chemistry'. i often wonder if a bond i have is purely friendship or something more. we can overthink our 'well-likedness'.

MBTI
    ENFP

My best friend--an INFP--always says that whenever I come over, I cheer her up. Usually I'm like, "What? I did that?" For me, the "well-likedness" is just natural unless I clash with another person (one of the reasons I'm tempted to go introverted in groups with prima donnas).

But leave me alone long enough and I'll end up doing something stupid that'll make you laugh.