User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Sometimes I think that enfp's will try so hard to be liked, that they become disliked. There's one enfp girl I know that tries so hard to be nice, that it's sickening.

They might not try hard to be popular, but I think they try hard to be generally liked. But hey, i'm not an enfp.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Sometimes I think that enfp's will try so hard to be liked, that they become disliked. There's one enfp girl I know that tries so hard to be nice, that it's sickening.
    Yeah, that anecdotal piece of "evidence" surely founds the basis for your (false) generalization.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Yeah, that anecdotal piece of "evidence" surely founds the basis for your (false) generalization.
    If it's true for even 20% of enfp's, I'll consider it a successful generalization.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

If it's true for even 20% of enfp's, I'll consider it a successful generalization.
    Eh, I think the trait you described would likely be more akin to either or both the ESFP and the ENFJ types.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Its not hard to tell if someone's liking you or not. ENFPs (or at least the ones I've met) possess the uncanny ability to be able to get inside someone's head and figure out their opinion of them. If I perceive (or falsely perceive) that my overlikableness is getting to somebody, I'll back down a little, or if I don't give a rats ass about the acquaintence, I'll push harder to spite them.

Maybe its just because I have a high N, i dno.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    EXXP

They might not try hard to be popular, but I think they try hard to be generally liked. But hey, i'm not an enfp.
    Umm, I don't really think so.

I will try my best, sometimes go more than my 50% halfway there just to establish a connection or keep one or even understand where it isn't connecting, but it has nothing to do with being liked.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SillyGoose View Post
    I will try my best, sometimes go more than my 50% halfway there just to establish a connection or keep one or even understand where it isn't connecting, but it has nothing to do with being liked.
    B-I-N-G-O!!!!

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP

my ENFP brother is absurdly popular wherever he goes. I've had to put up with it all my life - he's the charming, adorable, likeable one that people instantly like, whilst I'm the meaner brother that you "have to watch" lol

and yet my brother and I have often had arguments because he's been under the impression that some trivial thing I said devastated his image and popularity, when in reality it's virtually untouchable and the only thing that ever threatens his popularity is his own flakiness when people find out, after a while, that likeable and charming though he is, he just can't be relied on and almost always has some sort of hidden agenda of what he's trying to get you to do...

I think he does perceive his own popularity, but I think he's also aware of its fragility. But rather than acknowledge the source of that fragility he tends to blame others and accuse them of badmouthing him or slandering him behind his back or whatever, when someone turns cold on him. Somehow he can't ever seem to admit that something he did wasn't quite ethical... you know? A bit like me being unable to admit a lot of the time that what I said or thought wasn't logical or reasonable... he has to believe all the time that he's a paragon of virtue and anything that threatens that image tends to rile him pretty quick...

like I tend to have a need to always be able to one up or top any perception anyone comes up with and be logically right, he seems to have a need to be loved and adored. I can't ever settle for being competent, I need to be awesome at everything I do, I need rave reviews; he can't settle for being liked, he needs to be loved and totally trusted. Gets offended if someone just needs to get to know him better before trusting him, sorta thing.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    Its not hard to tell if someone's liking you or not. ENFPs (or at least the ones I've met) possess the uncanny ability to be able to get inside someone's head and figure out their opinion of them. If I perceive (or falsely perceive) that my overlikableness is getting to somebody, I'll back down a little, or if I don't give a rats ass about the acquaintence, I'll push harder to spite them.
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

You ENFPs with cajones crack me up!!!
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

And its funny because they can't do anything about me spiting them because the majority of the people around us would side with me on any argument i bring up vs. random person.

and strength in numbers can dominate logic if there's enough peer pressure. (imo, and situational)

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"