• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] 100% F?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
'T: I'm DEFINITELY a T, 100%. I pretty much have no emotions, compassion, etc. I live strictly by logic and scientific facts... have fully denounced religion and spirituality of any kind. I am a total pessimist and only believe in the evil in humanity. I wouldn't be caught dead doing social work, volunteering, or any other "do-gooder" type activities. I won't give money to homeless, or to charities for that matter. I'm a fucking asshole, through and through.'

Said one INTP.

I wonder what somebody who considers themselves to be 100% F would say. NFs, those of you who consider yourself '100% F', try to draw a parallel with this please. I'd like to hear from INFPs especially on this one!

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I guess Joan of Arc would be 100% F. It's kind of hard to define because T is fairly clearcut, whereas F is a combination of values and feelings, which don't always mesh well (or at all).

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
'T: I'm DEFINITELY a T, 100%. I pretty much have no emotions, compassion, etc. I live strictly by logic and scientific facts... have fully denounced religion and spirituality of any kind. I am a total pessimist and only believe in the evil in humanity. I wouldn't be caught dead doing social work, volunteering, or any other "do-gooder" type activities. I won't give money to homeless, or to charities for that matter. I'm a fucking asshole, through and through.'

Said one INTP.

I wonder what somebody who considers themselves to be 100% F would say. NFs, those of you who consider yourself '100% F', try to draw a parallel with this please. I'd like to hear from INFPs especially on this one!

IF T or F were opposites, then you could just take the opposite of this statement, I guess... but they're not opposites (and the INTP who said this is not "100%" T, to be sure... everybody has both, and furthermore, only believing in the "evil of humanity" is a pretty emotional stance).

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
(and the INTP who said this is not "100%" T, to be sure... everybody has both, and furthermore, only believing in the "evil of humanity" is a pretty emotional stance).

I agree. This guy sounds like he's confusing the repressive denial of negative emotions with having no emotions. That's not high T, if anything that's high neuroticism.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IF T or F were opposites, then you could just take the opposite of this statement, I guess... but they're not opposites (and the INTP who said this is not "100%" T, to be sure... everybody has both, and furthermore, only believing in the "evil of humanity" is a pretty emotional stance).
Amen sister! :thumbup: If someone actually experiences no emotion, then the hardware in their brain is not completely functioning. The information on the brain's structure and functioning gathered from brain imaging is more certain than MBTI theory.

My mother is one of the strongest F types I have met. Her reaction to such a person would be disbelief and awareness of emotional scarring that likely produced that result. I'll ask her sometime to be sure.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree. This guy sounds like he's confusing the repressive denial of negative emotions with having no emotions. That's not high T, if anything that's high neuroticism.

:happy0065:

That was what I was experiencing, but my exhausted brain just was not spitting out a very succinct description, not enough to post.

He sounds like he has cut off half of his humanity, thinking that it's for the best. And doing that sort of thing actually diminishes his efficacy as a T, rather than increasing it.

(Although I suppose he could "just" be brain-damaged, as Toonia suggests... :) )

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
(Although I suppose he could "just" be brain-damaged, as Toonia suggests... :) )

...I had to edit my post to add the "if anything" after remembering that people are characterized by more than just personality traits. :blush:

And my mother is the same type as me. You'd think I'd remember. ;)

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

You know what I had in mind... 100% was pure hyperbole...He just meant that he is sure that he is a thinker...there could hardly be a doubt in his mind and these are reasons why...now I am trying to find an NF on this board who is sure that he/she is an F and why they think they have plenty of reasons to be confident... and not only confident that this is their dominant preferrence...but also that they are more Feeling than thinking by a long shot... now that would be a parallel to that statement... he may have been a neurotic T... To parallel that... I maybe even want to hear from a neurotic F..regardless of whether they'd describe themselves as such...

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP

Everything bolded has nothing to do with being a T. At best, it is indirectly assumed (ala web descriptions). It has, as is said, everything to do with being an asshole.

There are three underlying causes that would cause a statement like this;

1) Insecurity and identity. High introvertedness is a likely culprit and it is simply an attempt to protect oneself from others. Self labeling causes it to take on a life of it's own.

2) Emotionally unstable (neuroticism) - likely an unusual combination of sub-traits involving low reactiveness but high in everything else. Also likely to be highly introverted, which causes a lot of internal strife that they take out on others.

3) Strong T, but dominant I or neuroticism, which simply makes them disagreeable in ways that don't just apply to being a T.

The equivalent "F" statement, attempting to make it a bit more accurate (it's still not);

'F: I'm DEFINITELY a F, 100%. I pretty much have to care and reach out to others, etc. I live strictly by what I think is right with no concern for the ramifications of my values. I have fully denounced logic and supporting evidence of any kind. I believe in the value of people and only believe in the things will work out. I wouldn't be caught dead doing research and studying. I won't turn anyone away or say no to charities for that matter. I'm a helpful person, through and through.'

My version of being a T;

'T: I'm DEFINITELY a T, 100%. I pretty much have to be objective and be without compassion, etc. I live strictly by what my deductions tell me without concern for others. I have fully denounced allowing others to dictate what I should think. I am a total realist and only believe in outcome of what I can deduct. I wouldn't be caught dead doing counselling or dealing with the needs of others. I won't give money to homeless, or to charities for that matter unless they can show the value of my/their contributions. I'm a pragmaticist, through and through.'

Well, it's closer anyway. If I had to write it for being disagreeable, I'd probably end up being a lot harsher on both... but MBTI is pretty nice to extremes.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Everything bolded has nothing to do with being a T. At best, it is indirectly assumed (ala web descriptions). It has, as is said, everything to do with being an asshole.

There are three underlying causes that would cause a statement like this;

1) Insecurity and identity. High introvertedness is a likely culprit and it is simply an attempt to protect oneself from others. Self labeling causes it to take on a life of it's own.

2) Emotionally unstable (neuroticism) - likely an unusual combination of sub-traits involving low reactiveness but high in everything else. Also likely to be highly introverted, which causes a lot of internal strife that they take out on others.

3) Strong T, but dominant I or neuroticism, which simply makes them disagreeable in ways that don't just apply to being a T.

The equivalent "F" statement, attempting to make it a bit more accurate (it's still not);

'F: I'm DEFINITELY a F, 100%. I pretty much have to care and reach out to others, etc. I live strictly by what I think is right with no concern for the ramifications of my values. I have fully denounced logic and supporting evidence of any kind. I believe in the value of people and only believe in the things will work out. I wouldn't be caught dead doing research and studying. I won't turn anyone away or say no to charities for that matter. I'm a helpful person, through and through.'

My version of being a T;

'T: I'm DEFINITELY a T, 100%. I pretty much have to be objective and be without compassion, etc. I live strictly by what my deductions tell me without concern for others. I have fully denounced allowing others to dictate what I should think. I am a total realist and only believe in outcome of what I can deduct. I wouldn't be caught dead doing counselling or dealing with the needs of others. I won't give money to homeless, or to charities for that matter unless they can show the value of my/their contributions. I'm a pragmaticist, through and through.'

Well, it's closer anyway. If I had to write it for being disagreeable, I'd probably end up being a lot harsher on both... but MBTI is pretty nice to extremes.

Now come up with something that a neurotic extroverted T would say. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

If it wouldn't break the spirit of the forum rules I'm supposed to be enforcing, I would have found myself a new tagline here... :D

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Now come up with something that a neurotic extroverted T would say. :)

I'd have to do it in FFM, which defeats the purpose of the whole thing. Also depends if you mean ExTx or Te (xxTJ).

But an extreme neurotic extrovert is what you call an "emotional swinger". One of those loud mouthed bastards who also gets hurt the moment anyone talks back. In terms of being a T (disagreeable), they'd go our of their way to hurt people (assuming extremeness here), they'd be abusive (physically and emotionally), they'd find refuge in hurting others (bully) and run away when pushed back. They'd be highly unstable.

(The two worst interactive themes, socially, is to be highly neurotic and highly disagreeable. The extroverted thing isn't really a big deal, except that it would cause some rather... unusual ups and downs.)

I seem to be missing an undertone. Who said the original phrase?

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Sorry to tell you BlueWing but from my readings and interactions of you there is no way that you are 100% T and 0% F.... nope I have seen enough F in you to realize that there is some, albeit small but none the less there. I am amazed that you try to deny it and try to hide from it, but alas I do the same so really who am I to make judgments. ???

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ummmmmmm... <bites lip> I think he was quoting someone else, Targo.

(I think.)

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
I have an acquaintance who is 100% T ... and he believes himself to be devoid of emotions. To be sure, he can be a cold-hearted bastard ... but I don't believe he is devoid of emotions. I believe that almost all people have emotions, unless they are sociopathic or have mental issues. I have found it helpful to characterize the T-F dynamic as follows:

T's tend to make decisions based upon logical consequences of actions. F's tend to make decisions based upon the effects on the people involved.

I find both to be equally valid in their own ways.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Ummmmmmm... <bites lip> I think he was quoting someone else, Targo.

(I think.)

hhhhmmmm you're probably right.... I don't do well with this quoting of others... I get to personal....

It's alright just ignore my discombobulation of cognitivity

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I have an acquaintance who is 100% T ... and he believes himself to be devoid of emotions.

I just want to emphasise this one more time (not directed at you Nighthawk, but because it keeps coming up);

Emotion is the physical reaction to your mental state.

Those that are truly unemotional are just not neurotic - they are the ones that never get flustered, that don't bat an eye when serious (short term/reactive) stress happens... They are the kind that just don't react.

T's that believe themselves to be unemotional are either also "unneurotic" or are internalising their inability to empathise with other people, thus build a protective barrier to prevent others from getting close to them. It's relatively easy to measure - if an unemotional person is unemotional even in terms of competition, sports, ideas, concepts, family and freak events (like having a firecracker go off behind them!) then they are simply not very neurotic and aren't emotionally reactive.

If they are passionate and reactive to other events then they are likely to be protecting themselves and are every bit as emotional as the F/Ts out there.

In short, F/T has very little to do with emotional content...

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
T's tend to make decisions based upon logical consequences of actions. F's tend to make decisions based upon the effects on the people involved.

Isn't this more Fe? I would think that with Fi it's possible to place your values ahead of their effects on people. I know I do that on occasion, though not often since one of my values is not offending people unless more primary values require it. Which they rarely do.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Isn't this more Fe? I would think that with Fi it's possible to place your values ahead of their effects on people. I know I do that on occasion, though not often since one of my values is not offending people unless more primary values require it. Which they rarely do.

If my values and people don't align then I'm going with my values.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess maybe it's hard to separate them, since the values do often tend to include personal ramifications? I can see an F choosing values over people such as when someone is doing something wrong and the ideal value must be supported, even if the relationship gets lost.

(Or like in a marriage, I can seen an F getting a divorce if they feel like they are "losing themselves" or someone's integral identity is being violated somehow and the problem cannot be resolved in another way. This is a choice of "values" over the people, in a SENSE... although ultimately it's still trying to do what is best for the people in the long run.)