123 Last

Thread: 100% F?

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Default 100% F?

'T: I'm DEFINITELY a T, 100%. I pretty much have no emotions, compassion, etc. I live strictly by logic and scientific facts... have fully denounced religion and spirituality of any kind. I am a total pessimist and only believe in the evil in humanity. I wouldn't be caught dead doing social work, volunteering, or any other "do-gooder" type activities. I won't give money to homeless, or to charities for that matter. I'm a fucking asshole, through and through.'

Said one INTP.

I wonder what somebody who considers themselves to be 100% F would say. NFs, those of you who consider yourself '100% F', try to draw a parallel with this please. I'd like to hear from INFPs especially on this one!
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFP

I guess Joan of Arc would be 100% F. It's kind of hard to define because T is fairly clearcut, whereas F is a combination of values and feelings, which don't always mesh well (or at all).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    'T: I'm DEFINITELY a T, 100%. I pretty much have no emotions, compassion, etc. I live strictly by logic and scientific facts... have fully denounced religion and spirituality of any kind. I am a total pessimist and only believe in the evil in humanity. I wouldn't be caught dead doing social work, volunteering, or any other "do-gooder" type activities. I won't give money to homeless, or to charities for that matter. I'm a fucking asshole, through and through.'

Said one INTP.

I wonder what somebody who considers themselves to be 100% F would say. NFs, those of you who consider yourself '100% F', try to draw a parallel with this please. I'd like to hear from INFPs especially on this one!

IF T or F were opposites, then you could just take the opposite of this statement, I guess... but they're not opposites (and the INTP who said this is not "100%" T, to be sure... everybody has both, and furthermore, only believing in the "evil of humanity" is a pretty emotional stance).
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    (and the INTP who said this is not "100%" T, to be sure... everybody has both, and furthermore, only believing in the "evil of humanity" is a pretty emotional stance).
    I agree. This guy sounds like he's confusing the repressive denial of negative emotions with having no emotions. That's not high T, if anything that's high neuroticism.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

IF T or F were opposites, then you could just take the opposite of this statement, I guess... but they're not opposites (and the INTP who said this is not "100%" T, to be sure... everybody has both, and furthermore, only believing in the "evil of humanity" is a pretty emotional stance).
    Amen sister! If someone actually experiences no emotion, then the hardware in their brain is not completely functioning. The information on the brain's structure and functioning gathered from brain imaging is more certain than MBTI theory.

My mother is one of the strongest F types I have met. Her reaction to such a person would be disbelief and awareness of emotional scarring that likely produced that result. I'll ask her sometime to be sure.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I agree. This guy sounds like he's confusing the repressive denial of negative emotions with having no emotions. That's not high T, if anything that's high neuroticism.

That was what I was experiencing, but my exhausted brain just was not spitting out a very succinct description, not enough to post.

He sounds like he has cut off half of his humanity, thinking that it's for the best. And doing that sort of thing actually diminishes his efficacy as a T, rather than increasing it.

(Although I suppose he could "just" be brain-damaged, as Toonia suggests... )
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    (Although I suppose he could "just" be brain-damaged, as Toonia suggests... )
    ...I had to edit my post to add the "if anything" after remembering that people are characterized by more than just personality traits.

And my mother is the same type as me. You'd think I'd remember.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

You know what I had in mind... 100% was pure hyperbole...He just meant that he is sure that he is a thinker...there could hardly be a doubt in his mind and these are reasons why...now I am trying to find an NF on this board who is sure that he/she is an F and why they think they have plenty of reasons to be confident... and not only confident that this is their dominant preferrence...but also that they are more Feeling than thinking by a long shot... now that would be a parallel to that statement... he may have been a neurotic T... To parallel that... I maybe even want to hear from a neurotic F..regardless of whether they'd describe themselves as such...
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    ISTP

Everything bolded has nothing to do with being a T. At best, it is indirectly assumed (ala web descriptions). It has, as is said, everything to do with being an asshole.

There are three underlying causes that would cause a statement like this;

1) Insecurity and identity. High introvertedness is a likely culprit and it is simply an attempt to protect oneself from others. Self labeling causes it to take on a life of it's own.

2) Emotionally unstable (neuroticism) - likely an unusual combination of sub-traits involving low reactiveness but high in everything else. Also likely to be highly introverted, which causes a lot of internal strife that they take out on others.

3) Strong T, but dominant I or neuroticism, which simply makes them disagreeable in ways that don't just apply to being a T.

The equivalent "F" statement, attempting to make it a bit more accurate (it's still not);

'F: I'm DEFINITELY a F, 100%. I pretty much have to care and reach out to others, etc. I live strictly by what I think is right with no concern for the ramifications of my values. I have fully denounced logic and supporting evidence of any kind. I believe in the value of people and only believe in the things will work out. I wouldn't be caught dead doing research and studying. I won't turn anyone away or say no to charities for that matter. I'm a helpful person, through and through.'

My version of being a T;

'T: I'm DEFINITELY a T, 100%. I pretty much have to be objective and be without compassion, etc. I live strictly by what my deductions tell me without concern for others. I have fully denounced allowing others to dictate what I should think. I am a total realist and only believe in outcome of what I can deduct. I wouldn't be caught dead doing counselling or dealing with the needs of others. I won't give money to homeless, or to charities for that matter unless they can show the value of my/their contributions. I'm a pragmaticist, through and through.'

Well, it's closer anyway. If I had to write it for being disagreeable, I'd probably end up being a lot harsher on both... but MBTI is pretty nice to extremes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Everything bolded has nothing to do with being a T. At best, it is indirectly assumed (ala web descriptions). It has, as is said, everything to do with being an asshole.

There are three underlying causes that would cause a statement like this;

1) Insecurity and identity. High introvertedness is a likely culprit and it is simply an attempt to protect oneself from others. Self labeling causes it to take on a life of it's own.

2) Emotionally unstable (neuroticism) - likely an unusual combination of sub-traits involving low reactiveness but high in everything else. Also likely to be highly introverted, which causes a lot of internal strife that they take out on others.

3) Strong T, but dominant I or neuroticism, which simply makes them disagreeable in ways that don't just apply to being a T.

The equivalent "F" statement, attempting to make it a bit more accurate (it's still not);

'F: I'm DEFINITELY a F, 100%. I pretty much have to care and reach out to others, etc. I live strictly by what I think is right with no concern for the ramifications of my values. I have fully denounced logic and supporting evidence of any kind. I believe in the value of people and only believe in the things will work out. I wouldn't be caught dead doing research and studying. I won't turn anyone away or say no to charities for that matter. I'm a helpful person, through and through.'

My version of being a T;

'T: I'm DEFINITELY a T, 100%. I pretty much have to be objective and be without compassion, etc. I live strictly by what my deductions tell me without concern for others. I have fully denounced allowing others to dictate what I should think. I am a total realist and only believe in outcome of what I can deduct. I wouldn't be caught dead doing counselling or dealing with the needs of others. I won't give money to homeless, or to charities for that matter unless they can show the value of my/their contributions. I'm a pragmaticist, through and through.'

Well, it's closer anyway. If I had to write it for being disagreeable, I'd probably end up being a lot harsher on both... but MBTI is pretty nice to extremes.

Now come up with something that a neurotic extroverted T would say.