Thread: 100% F?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Everything bolded has nothing to do with being a T. At best, it is indirectly assumed (ala web descriptions). It has, as is said, everything to do with being an asshole.
    If it wouldn't break the spirit of the forum rules I'm supposed to be enforcing, I would have found myself a new tagline here...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Now come up with something that a neurotic extroverted T would say.
    I'd have to do it in FFM, which defeats the purpose of the whole thing. Also depends if you mean ExTx or Te (xxTJ).

But an extreme neurotic extrovert is what you call an "emotional swinger". One of those loud mouthed bastards who also gets hurt the moment anyone talks back. In terms of being a T (disagreeable), they'd go our of their way to hurt people (assuming extremeness here), they'd be abusive (physically and emotionally), they'd find refuge in hurting others (bully) and run away when pushed back. They'd be highly unstable.

(The two worst interactive themes, socially, is to be highly neurotic and highly disagreeable. The extroverted thing isn't really a big deal, except that it would cause some rather... unusual ups and downs.)

I seem to be missing an undertone. Who said the original phrase?

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Sorry to tell you BlueWing but from my readings and interactions of you there is no way that you are 100% T and 0% F.... nope I have seen enough F in you to realize that there is some, albeit small but none the less there. I am amazed that you try to deny it and try to hide from it, but alas I do the same so really who am I to make judgments. ???
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ummmmmmm... <bites lip> I think he was quoting someone else, Targo.

(I think.)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

I have an acquaintance who is 100% T ... and he believes himself to be devoid of emotions. To be sure, he can be a cold-hearted bastard ... but I don't believe he is devoid of emotions. I believe that almost all people have emotions, unless they are sociopathic or have mental issues. I have found it helpful to characterize the T-F dynamic as follows:

T's tend to make decisions based upon logical consequences of actions. F's tend to make decisions based upon the effects on the people involved.

I find both to be equally valid in their own ways.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Ummmmmmm... <bites lip> I think he was quoting someone else, Targo.

(I think.)

hhhhmmmm you're probably right.... I don't do well with this quoting of others... I get to personal....

It's alright just ignore my discombobulation of cognitivity
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I have an acquaintance who is 100% T ... and he believes himself to be devoid of emotions.
    I just want to emphasise this one more time (not directed at you Nighthawk, but because it keeps coming up);

Emotion is the physical reaction to your mental state.

Those that are truly unemotional are just not neurotic - they are the ones that never get flustered, that don't bat an eye when serious (short term/reactive) stress happens... They are the kind that just don't react.

T's that believe themselves to be unemotional are either also "unneurotic" or are internalising their inability to empathise with other people, thus build a protective barrier to prevent others from getting close to them. It's relatively easy to measure - if an unemotional person is unemotional even in terms of competition, sports, ideas, concepts, family and freak events (like having a firecracker go off behind them!) then they are simply not very neurotic and aren't emotionally reactive.

If they are passionate and reactive to other events then they are likely to be protecting themselves and are every bit as emotional as the F/Ts out there.

In short, F/T has very little to do with emotional content...

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    T's tend to make decisions based upon logical consequences of actions. F's tend to make decisions based upon the effects on the people involved.
    Isn't this more Fe? I would think that with Fi it's possible to place your values ahead of their effects on people. I know I do that on occasion, though not often since one of my values is not offending people unless more primary values require it. Which they rarely do.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Isn't this more Fe? I would think that with Fi it's possible to place your values ahead of their effects on people. I know I do that on occasion, though not often since one of my values is not offending people unless more primary values require it. Which they rarely do.
    If my values and people don't align then I'm going with my values.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I guess maybe it's hard to separate them, since the values do often tend to include personal ramifications? I can see an F choosing values over people such as when someone is doing something wrong and the ideal value must be supported, even if the relationship gets lost.

(Or like in a marriage, I can seen an F getting a divorce if they feel like they are "losing themselves" or someone's integral identity is being violated somehow and the problem cannot be resolved in another way. This is a choice of "values" over the people, in a SENSE... although ultimately it's still trying to do what is best for the people in the long run.)