User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Well she likes you. ENFPs go quieter around a person they like.

There is also the added explanation that the more people around, the more energetic and animated the extravert gets - whereas for the introvert it's the opposite. So if you continually see each other one on one, maybe that's factoring into it.

MBTI
    ENFP

i remember i liked this one girl and every time she'd walk into the dining hall i would put my hood on and try to act completely invisible. cute girls make me nervous and incoherent. i try to be confident and self-assuring but i fail miserably each time.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    She's trying to let you in. My ENFP twin is like Angel said. Open but weirdly private.
    I used to be close with a woman whom I think is ENFP. It used to strike me as peculiar how much alike we were but also how different. Very open, talkative, and forthright she was, yet "weirdly private".

I think this difference between openness and privacy can be put this way: she was very open about what was on her mind, but very guarded about what was in her heart.
    "There can be no understanding between the hands and the head unless the heart acts as mediator." (Metropolis, 1927)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHeart View Post
    I used to be close with a woman whom I think is ENFP. It used to strike me as peculiar how much alike we were but also how different. Very open, talkative, and forthright she was, yet "weirdly private".

I think this difference between openness and privacy can be put this way: she was very open about what was on her mind, but very guarded about what was in her heart.
    I wonder if she was this way to you because you were an INFP. Like, I wonder if she was this way with other people.

I find that I am pretty open about everything and not private about much unless I feel like a) Your intensity and my intensity are going to get out of hand if I overshare b) Issues of romance get involved - i.e. I think you're into me and I'm not into you or c) It freaks me out that you have the ability to see so much about me, so I have to keep something to myself in order to preserve my own essence.

Interesting.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    I wonder if she was this way to you because you were an INFP. Like, I wonder if she was this way with other people.

I find that I am pretty open about everything and not private about much unless I feel like a) Your intensity and my intensity are going to get out of hand if I overshare b) Issues of romance get involved - i.e. I think you're into me and I'm not into you or c) It freaks me out that you have the ability to see so much about me, so I have to keep something to myself in order to preserve my own essence.

Interesting.
    Question is do you share everything about yourself and how you really feel? Every person has unique traits, and can't be subjected to one type, but I'm curious about your statement of sharing everything as an ENFP as it is opposite from some other replies.

To back up with the other ENFP's, In short it was described to me from her standpoint as a rare opportunity to talk about who she is on the inside. Trust me, this put me in shock that I had to go work out for 2 hours to get my thoughts around this one. INTJ's are so secretive and mysterious (think Christian Bale in Batman Begins) it is like being actually struck in a duel when someone does something we aren't prepared for or can easily relate with (as in this case).

MBTI
    INFP

Actually, the opposite. We were close enough that she would share her feelings with me, but not with others.

Here's one illustrative story.

She was a senior in high school and had a big crush on a guy. He was an athlete, and I suggested that she go to one of his games to see him play. (Another guy, who liked her, went to her volleyball games to see her play, and she thought it was very sweet. So that's why I made the suggestion.) Here is the conversation that ensued:

I: "Why don't you go to one of his games?"
    She: "I can't do that."
    I: "Why not?"
    She: "Because then he'll think I like him."
    I: "But... but... you do like him!"
    She: "Yeah... but he's not supposed to think so!"
    "There can be no understanding between the hands and the head unless the heart acts as mediator." (Metropolis, 1927)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Question is do you share everything about yourself and how you really feel?
    Does anyone do that? I have tact! Sometimes!!

But yeah, I would say I am open about how I feel, especially if asked. In fact, I love talking about how I feel and discussing how you and all your friends feel! Ok, ok, sometimes I play the ENIGMA CARD if I am bored... but usually not.

She: "Yeah... but he's not supposed to think so!"
    To me, this has nothing to do with whether or not she is open about how she feels. This is just part of the game we play! It sounds like something I would do, but only because I want to secure that he likes me first and more than I like him! Once his interest is absolutely certain, then of course I'd attend his games.

But again, yes, I suppose the ENIGMA CARD may get pulled in that instance as well. Otherwise, it just gets boring and I must be frequently entertained!

MBTI
    enfp

To me, this has nothing to do with whether or not she is open about how she feels. This is just part of the game we play! It sounds like something I would do, but only because I want to secure that he likes me first and more than I like him! Once his interest is absolutely certain, then of course I'd attend his games.

But again, yes, I suppose the ENIGMA CARD may get pulled in that instance as well. Otherwise, it just gets boring and I must be frequently entertained!
    LOL

its the 21st century ladies. Its okay for a woman to like a guy first and express it. ^_^

we're not in the 1950's anymore. -_-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

It's ok, but it's not nearly as FUN!

MBTI
    ENFP

It's ok, but it's not nearly as FUN!
    i don't know, i think it's pretty fun. besides, i think a lot of enfp's prefer the other person to initiate the romantic conversation. most of my relationships only began because the other person gave away their interest first. it's a mind game and i don't play unless i have a full deck.