• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Which mbti type do you get along most in real life?

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Cygnus

INFJ, ESFP, ESFJ.

STPs are supposed to be my duals but they all think I'm a retard.

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I love being around ENFPs for the most part. But, sometimes they can get a bit energetic for me. Several of my old friends were ENFP, but I don't think I really realized it until I saw this guy and was like "wow, he acts just like these few friends I can think of:" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7h-FTuwPi4

We used to get into fights sometimes though because ENFPs can be really ditzy compared to my 5w4 INFP which would lead them to keep asking me how to do different things (like on computers or otherwise) and then forgetting it like 5 minutes later and asking me to explain it again.

I like INTJs a lot, but probably more than they like me.

I tend to like INFPs as well. I think I can probably deal with INTPs as well.

I hate INFJs, ESTJs, ISTJs...

At the end of the day, I think my favorite people in the world are ENFPs - but not for a relationship partner, just to unwind.

foqsk.jpg

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will give work examples. There are a few people I've worked with that I've grown to have a complete trusting relationship with. They know my good points and bad points and seem to accept the combination. Their types are ISTJ, INFJ, INTP and ESTJ. I have run afoul of some ENTJs and ISTJs that I didn't know very well (mostly them disliking me). My best lifelong friends tend to be INTJs. I tend to get along well with ENFPs too.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For me, it's ENFP, ENTJ, ENFJ, INTP, and INFP.

Whenever I meet an ENFP, INFP, or INTP, there is this instant connection and they feel like family. That Ne connection is just so powerful.

Whenever I meet an ENFJ, I love how they made me feel welcomed and accepted. And ENTJ gives off a similar feeling as ENFJ, although they aren't as warm as ENFJs, but whenever I meet an ENTJ in real life they always treat me gently and made me feel welcomed and accepted.

Is this supposed to be for INFPs or any type to answer?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think in the long term I get along with F doms, IFP and EFJ, like we can respect each other and give each other space or they reach out more than me, so except in extreme horrible cases, get along. My closest sister is an Fe dom, it's easy to love her imo, unless you're just a complete asshole, because she initiates, supports and does so much for others, but yeah her lecturing gets old. Think I know it all? No. No. In real life, my mother refers to her as the nag. But she really does a lot for other people and works to keep my family together, and seriously was changing her nephews diaper before school in eighth or ninth grade. I know some Fe doms might be insufferable about nagging, but some really are under appreciated by selfish people, especially addicts of any kind, or narcissistic people. If you're a drunk who blamed your alcohol abuse on your spouse, frankly what came first, chicken or egg. My sister is great though, a relatively healthy Fe dom like my favorite ENFJ teacher from high school, not like my ex with BPD

I am hit or miss with EFP, I have a lot of EFP and I FJ friends.

I don't know what would be most common thinker type among friends. Strangely probably ENTP and ISTJ.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is the NF forum but I'm sure nobody here is going to care except exceptionally neurotic INFJs

The reason I asked is that the OP tagged this thread as INFP but the initial post didn't say anything about type at all so it is left a bit ambiguous.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Typically extroverts. All of my close friends have been a variety of extroverted types.

I've known plenty of introverted people as well and some of my best friends are introverts like my ISFP bestie, but I've found that most of the time I don't get as energized when talking with introverts. Even conversing with my ISTJ and INFJ family friends can be a drag sometimes. I'll be my silly self, wanting fun and lively conversation, and then they redirect it to semantics or laugh it off and I'm just like "ugh, this is boring." My ISFP bestie and I always have fulfilling and entertaining conversations though so maybe I just need to meet a special kind of introvert. But most of the time I've found that introverts who have a "silly side" are still pretty tame.

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Typically extroverts. All of my close friends have been a variety of extroverted types.

I've known plenty of introverted people as well and some of my best friends are introverts like my ISFP bestie, but I've found that most of the time I don't get as energized when talking with introverts. Even conversing with my ISTJ and INFJ family friends can be a drag sometimes. I'll be my silly self, wanting fun and lively conversation, and then they redirect it to semantics or laugh it off and I'm just like "ugh, this is boring." My ISFP bestie and I always have fulfilling and entertaining conversations though so maybe I just need to meet a special kind of introvert. But most of the time I've found that introverts who have a "silly side" are still pretty tame.

That we are (pretty tame compared to E's) - but when the ENFP crashes - you'll never find someone you would prefer to understand you than an INFP.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That we are (pretty tame compared to E's) - but when the ENFP crashes - you'll never find someone you would prefer to understand you than an INFP.

I've been good friends with this girl for a long time who I think is INFP (although she identifies as INFJ). I actually think she's one of the "special" introverts I was talking about who is more energetic and willing to throw a few punches. I don't think I've ever vented to an INFP though. There was this one INFP I used to be friends with who helped encourage me to get out of this toxic friendship I had clung onto despite the fact that we were drifting apart. But otherwise not much experience. :thinking:

I think the people I've found best for venting to have been ESFJ. But I have a variety of close friends I can confide in because that's what best friends are for. :)

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I've been good friends with this girl for a long time who I think is INFP (although she identifies as INFJ). I actually think she's one of the "special" introverts I was talking about who is more energetic and willing to throw a few punches. I don't think I've ever vented to an INFP though. There was this one INFP I used to be friends with who helped encourage me to get out of this toxic friendship I had clung onto despite the fact that we were drifting apart. But otherwise not much experience. :thinking:

I think the people I've found best for venting to have been ESFJ. But I have a variety of close friends I can confide in because that's what best friends are for. :)

INFP and INFJ tend to be pretty different as far as I can tell. Most INFPs are 4w5 which means they're easily controlled by the Fe of the INFJ they like, and very hostile to the Fe of the INFJ they don't.

I had a few ENFP friends I liked a lot for how fun they were and how generally accepting they were of me - but the ones I knew lacked the kind of serious emotional disposition I tend to have.

skippythecat

Enneagram
9w1

As an INFJ I can be extremely silly and goofy when I choose to engage with those I trust, but those who don't know me well my "silly side" is pretty tame and comes off as "boring".

The bold sentence in my enfp friend is driving me crazy. As much as I enjoy this person, I can't handle the melodramatic, emotion roller coaster from happy and silly to moody and withdrawn all the time. It is beyond any of the INFPs and ENFPs I know. I feel like I have to be playful to keep up with his emotions to keep the harmony since my Fe says "It's a must!", but it's extremely annoying (referring to Fe) and exhausting. Can I just chill and not have to engage with you? It's also my fault since I refuse to say anything but I know what will happen if I say something. I really care about this person, but the melodramatic, emotion roller coaster is killing me slowly.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTP/ENTP/INFJ/INTJ, obviously I can get on with any type, but these are the most common.

Kevin A.S.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Generally infp :), but sometime can be turn into intj, estj, entp, infj. It always change according to my mood. When I'm too serious :mad: i can be intj. When I'm very sad :( i can be infj, but when I'm too happy :D i can be estj or entp. It's really hard to being me anyway :mellow:

Pandemeria

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Type is kind of irrelevant for me. If we share similar interests and values, then that's pretty much all it takes.