You can't make this stuff up.

MBTI
    ENFP

What confused??!!
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Does that have anything to do with being around military culture? Or just Texas in general?
    It may have something to do with it. Hippy is definitely a bit insulting when it comes to Texas Army folk ime.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    sorry that was a real thanks to everyone except kyuuei!!

pure sarcasm for you! that's my parents how can you dislike it!!?? look how cute they are!! haha
    Lol. Your parents are absolutely awesome. I'm a bit of a placid mood, so excuse my bland posts. Honestly I just don't like being labeled period.. I think the only reason why I allow a "tom boy" label is because I've heard it my whole life. Hippies have a lot of traits that I'm close to and familiar with, it's not that I have a problem with hippies at all. I worked for them for a long time. It's the stereotypical label part.

Also, I get a lot of "..Hippy." as an invalidation of whatever statement I've just made. Making the word annoying to hear, at least where I live at this is a bit common.

Edit: Although hilarious, my post wasn't toward the pic. I didnt read through the posts before posting lol.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh that's okay...i thought you didn't like their pic...but yeah...i'm no hippie either except for my ideals somewhat i guess...and yeah i don't like labels either.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ

Ugh. Where I work, there are tons of aged hippies and their offspring (mini-hippies) - my use of the word "hippie" is based more on their ideological and societal point of views rather than their hair length, drug use, etc. So, as a massage therapist working in this town, I'm lumped into that category as well (which is far from who I am). Kinda irks me, but I can definitely see how my NF makes it easy for people to categorize me as a hippie. Oh well!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

For people that said that they are comfortable when others see you like this since they have tendencies:
    Why would someone actually see you as a hippie?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm not comfortable with it, but people do see me as one.

Hippies have many aspects.. but the type that tends to be referred my way is my love of nature and all-natural things.. "tree-hugger" is another word that comes to mind with what I'm placed into because of this. My religion is very nature-oriented. To think of loving nature as insulting annoys me.

Also the style of clothing is sometimes appealing. I really like the renaissance look, and this is commonly associated with hippy wear.

Non-violence orientation is also perceived, but I gather most people don't have a problem admitting they aren't violent. There's a sort of insecurity with it in the military though.. Like. "Why should SHE be a gunner? She doesn't LIKE violence!" narrow-minded thinkings like such.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    For people that said that they are comfortable when others see you like this since they have tendencies:
    Well, I have long-ish hair.. so that's a big reason. Maybe I sound like one a little bit, like half nerd/half hippie speak. I'm a pretty big xNxP too, and I find that type definitely can put out that spaced out and easy going vibe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well, let's see: I went to a decidedly hippie Quaker school and it has never completely worn off. I flirt on and off with vegetarianism/veganism and whole foodism. I had my babies with midwives instead of doctors, and had one outside the hospital. I tied them to my body when they were little, and still tie one to me occasionally although he's not so little anymore. I breastfed them until they were 3 and 2 respectively. I used cloth diapers on the first one and tried to use them on the second one but he kept getting rashes no matter how I washed them. I have a strong preference for toys made of natural materials (wool, cotton, wood, metal). My daughter goes to a school where she calls the teachers by their first names and is making a canoe with her 4th grade class. My kids started learning techniques for cooperative problem solving before they could talk. Despite not being a smoker myself I believe strongly in marijuana legalization. (Actually I can't really fully claim that last one anymore since I have smoked it three times this year OMG!)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Hippie is a new one. Mom did call me a 'greeny' once.
    But I would find it offensive, because it's used as an insult around here. Or at least at my home.

I get mistaken for a teacher/someone who works with disabled kids/special teacher normally. I've thought it's because of my appearance. Go figure. I don't mind it though, I'm pretty used to it.