User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, why ever would they think such a preposterous thing?
    I was thinking the same thing.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I've been called a hippie, and no, I don't mind, at all. Except for a certain clothing style, I didn't follow that road too extreme though (washing and stuff, still very important to me :P). Same goes for the treehugger-image that's usually attached to this stereotype as well. Don't mind it, and yes, it is a part of me...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I have a problem with the term "hippie" because what I think of as a hippie, doesn't necessarily match up with what "the mainstream" thinks of a hippie.

First off, I think of a hippie as a true, genuine, non-superficial lover of the world, freedom, nature, equality, etc. It's more or less a general term as long as it meets basic standards of one who is true, pure, and not doing it because other people do it, or because it's cool, and labels them. I feel that a lot of people fake it..I see a lot of people at school with peace shirts, and beatles stuff, and it drives me nuts, because they all do it to be cool, becuase it's "in"...

I think people, today, think of hippies as people who wear tie dye, with birkenstock sandals, beatles shirts, bandanas, peace signs everyone, and that it is just a passing fling, that people use to stay up with the trends..and everyone is biug on saving the world with global warming, and loving everyone, and yet they sit around and don't do anything about it. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!

When I find a person who I think is a true hippie, it's not based on what they wear, what music they listen to, who they hang out with, what they like doing, or how big their ego is..I see a hippie as a simple person on the outside, but a very deep person on the inside, who really has their heart set at the values that one may consider a hippie to have.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I have a problem with the term "hippie" because what I think of as a hippie, doesn't necessarily match up with what "the mainstream" thinks of a hippie.

First off, I think of a hippie as a true, genuine, non-superficial lover of the world, freedom, nature, equality, etc. It's more or less a general term as long as it meets basic standards of one who is true, pure, and not doing it because other people do it, or because it's cool, and labels them. I feel that a lot of people fake it..I see a lot of people at school with peace shirts, and beatles stuff, and it drives me nuts, because they all do it to be cool, becuase it's "in"...

I think people, today, think of hippies as people who wear tie dye, with birkenstock sandals, beatles shirts, bandanas, peace signs everyone, and that it is just a passing fling, that people use to stay up with the trends..and everyone is biug on saving the world with global warming, and loving everyone, and yet they sit around and don't do anything about it. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!

When I find a person who I think is a true hippie, it's not based on what they wear, what music they listen to, who they hang out with, what they like doing, or how big their ego is..I see a hippie as a simple person on the outside, but a very deep person on the inside, who really has their heart set at the values that one may consider a hippie to have.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

My family members and closest friends would more likely call me a "hippie." I guess people I know see me as a hippie because they see that spirit in me. I really don't mind being called one either, because I don't take that word literally, and people can think whatever they want about me.

In actuality, I never touched an ounce of weed, never been near it (besides at parties- but never tried it- am not against it either). I never did drugs (personal decision) and don't believe in promiscuity (personal reasons). But, I'm not a staunch control freak out there to dictate peoples' lives, either. People can do whatever the hell they want so long as they're not hurting others in order to make themselves happy is my mores.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Nobody could ever possibly mistake me for a hippie.

MBTI
    ENFP

I been called a hippie or free spirit many, many, many times. It's not offensive to me at all. I fit in more with what people would call a "modern urban hippie". I wear vegan makeup & I enjoy nature & am a free-thinker (Btw, I shower & wash my hair often!), etc.. I do not smoke bud or drink or live an outrageous lifestyle. Someone told me that I look like I would know where to get that good chronic :confused:. Lol. People always comment about my clothing & accessories being really funky. I think it's a combination of how I dress & think that make people think that.
    Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

my wife and I

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP

I often get called a 'hippie', however, I do think that people are picking up on my ideals, way of life and my general personality and aligning it with that movement, more so than they are my idea of fashion or music etc. I don't really mind the term however, I don't really want to be boxed into a genre of person... LOL. Would I consider myself a hippie?? No probably not...
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    Someone told me that I look like I would know where to get that good chronic :confused:.
    Yeah I get this too. I think I've been asked at least 10+ times by strangers if I knew where to find weed.