User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Well maybe the concerned parties shouldn't be acting like god damn hippies then

action->consequences my friends.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I can't imagine my Docker and button down shirt wearing, conservative, basically non-drinking, clean cut ENFJ being called a hippy. :yim_rolling_on_the_
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

hahahaha. i guess i'm kind of hippieish in some ways but i have a technology fetish that totally kills it. and a thing for awesome shoes. i do like going barefoot sometimes and i think it's funny how it makes people upset, they're my feet, they're clean, and i have cute toenail polish on, leave me alone. it's 95 degrees out and i am not trapping my foot in some prison of a closed-toe flat because you're afraid the grass is going to give me germs. take you and your weak immune system somewhere else and let me enjoy the cool swishy grass before someone replaces it with a shopping center.

to answer AO's question, it does not bother me if people associate some of my tendencies with hippie-ness, but it does bother me if they then associate that with irresponsibility, drug use, ugly buses, or other stereotypes i would prefer not to be associated with. on the whole i would just prefer if they understood it as enjoying and respecting the planet.

i like the term free spirit better.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee
    I can't imagine my Docker and button down shirt wearing, conservative, basically non-drinking, clean cut ENFJ being called a hippy.

yeah seriously, i can't imagine my prada-toting, high-heel flaunting ENFJ friend as a hippie either. nor the INFJ or two that i know. i have a hard time seeing most Js preferring the hippie lifestyle, much less clothing style.

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

I don't really hate it, I'm just kind of confused by it.

I was called a pothead by other kids in school before I knew what it meant. Teachers would accuse me of being high, and send me down to the office. People would come up to me and ask if I had any weed or knew where to find some, despite never even having touched the stuff before (I couldn't even tell you what it looked like.)

I have been called a hippie many times, but I'm really nothing like one. I dress very plainly, even, though some things I wore looked a little bohemian-esque. I used to have waist-length hair, though I don't think that'd be enough. I'm nice, liberal leaning, open-minded, and would play the ukulele and sing at school events sometimes, but the similarities stop there. I think the fact that I might look a little bit spacy (I'm not a morning person, I was always zombie-tired in school!) combined with being a loner and no one really knowing anything about me, allowed others to fill in the blanks, and were consequently wrong most of the time. I grew tired of correcting them, so just let people think what they wanted. I've gotten everything from goody-goody to pothead.

I'm much too serious and afraid of getting into trouble to be a hippie, but I do admire their free-spiritedness.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'd love it, but I'm way too rigid to be one.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post
    I'm much too serious and afraid of getting into trouble to be a hippie, but I do admire their free-spiritedness.
    I think that maybe half of them get in trouble and are Jenny from Forrest Gump. Then the other half are like the teacher in Beavis and Butthead.

I don't think I was seen for being Bohemian either. I remember getting laughed at in my first day in middle school, for "probably" having some bohemian touches here and there. I had holes in my jeans and some lame shirt or something. I don't remember. Over time, I made some friends who let me borrow clothes. Basically, I was...poor and needed help. Not Bohemian. My tastes revolved skateboarding, comic books, and metal and punk. I started playing the guitar around the same time, and the first few songs I ever learned were from the 60's actually. Except one was Pipeline. A surf song. The other was Hey Joe.. about some guy who killed his wife. Somehow I managed to pick the two hits from the 60's that weren't hippy songs.

MBTI
    yupp

if I'm a hippy, we're doomed. but no i don't care if someone labels me as a hippy.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Nobody ever called me a hippie...but they have asked for drugs...even when I've never smoked pot or taken any drugs...not that I'm being a prude; I just probably will not do drugs.

I had dreadlocks in my early 20's and people would always treat me like was some all knowing spiritual guru pot head....yea, it was annoying. Although I think I may have been a hippie in a past life... do!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Well, this is funny.. Here I am complaining about labels, but I did do "seemingly" hippy things like drugs.

I just never associated drugs with hippies necessarily. I lived in a world of drug abuse, and a lot of people were just lost kids like myself; older people who were once lost kids and just graduated into being really unsanitary losers; along with even murderers and people literally in the Mexican Mafia even. A cesspool really. My point being that drugs really have little to do with hippies.