MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by pmj85 View Post
    I can't relate.

A typical INFJ is likely to be unaware of their inner-emotional states, and I have discussed this at reasonable length quite a few times; I may yet write an article, or something.

It can take me hours, days or sometimes even a week or more to really understand why I feel the way I do. My inner world is tended to by Ti. I'm far more prone to analyse rather than 'feel', although extreme emotions can overwhelm me. For example, if something awful happens and I am made to feel sad, there won't be any... uh... (see? I have no frame of reference here) 'flavour' (?!) to the emotion. It will simply be a heaviness deep within, robbing me of energy and shaping my perceptions, painting reality in a duller light than normal.

Ach. See? It's hard. Fi isn't something I do, or get... and to be perfectly honest, the thought of truly understanding and being at one with my emotions scares the shit out of me.

This.
    joharinohari
    Likes pmj85 liked this post

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I love the topic idea and would love to be audience to an INFJ-dominated conversation to follow. I am interested to learn more about your inner workings.

But with all due respect to INFJs having an INFJ conversation about INFJness, I do not think the article author engages Fi as well as he thinks he does, because it just does not make sense in Fi-land to claim good usage of someone else's primary function and subsequently insult their primary usage of it. So, as the author does not appear to really understand Fi, I am not really sure that the article itself contains good examples of INFJs using Fi. Though I do believe you guys can engage it and am curious to hear how it works for you.
    IT doesn't make sense in Fe-land either!

I dunno. I am at my best either drawing someone else out, or delving into some esoteric concept to discover its complete essence and truth. I know that sounds hokey, but it's true. Perhaps this is Fe and Ti, respectively.

I do not understand myself at all, and consequently would be shocked to find someone else could. So, just as I never expect anyone to remember my name, I do not expect anyone to get me. Emotions can overwhelm me, both positive and negative. Positive: I go off into this dreamy white zone halfway between sleep and love land, for hours and sometimes, days. Negative: I fetal up and my world crashes around me. Thankfully, this has gone from lasting for hours, to lasting only minutes. I attribute that to God's healing influence in my psyche.

Yeah, I don't know if I Fi or not. I reckon I do because I'm older and F has been with me so long, but there is no comparison between the outflow and inflow of F for me. I'm much more at home with feeling going out than coming, or turned, in.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes infiniterandomness11 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post

I do not understand myself at all, and consequently would be shocked to find someone else could. So, just as I never expect anyone to remember my name, I do not expect anyone to get me.
    Another ENFP vs INFJ difference-Interestingly-I feel like I know myself perfectly well-I suspect FiSi feels like a static thing and gives one this illusion. Like all the parts and pieces are just sitting there waiting to be looked at-I just havent had the time to do so just yet. Now when I do look-that is when the scalpel comes out as they are not quite what I thought they were. Lol, so I think I know myself perfectly well, till I stop and really look. Ni, though, I think that is part of what gives INFJs their magic-it is so dynamic and evolving.....would you say you know your "process", your behavioral model, even if you dont know yourself?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Another ENFP vs INFJ difference-Interestingly-I feel like I know myself perfectly well-I suspect FiSi feels like a static thing and gives one this illusion. Like all the parts and pieces are just sitting there waiting to be looked at-I just havent had the time to do so just yet. Now when I do look-that is when the scalpel comes out as they are not quite what I thought they were. Lol, so I think I know myself perfectly well, till I stop and really look. Ni, though, I think that is part of what gives INFJs their magic-it is so dynamic and evolving.....would you say you know your "process", your behavioral model, even if you dont know yourself?
    Hmm. Perhaps if I think about it. I haven't thought about it. I don't really like thinking about myself in that way I guess. Seems like more important/better things to think about. Though I'd like someone else to know for me. Basically, I want my partner to know all that stuff that I don't know, or don't care to know. Does that make sense?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Enneagram
    9w1

Do INFJ have this habit of repressing negative emotions and thoughts, due to Fe which is likely to consider interpersonal harmony and the tendency to avoid conflicts?
    Yes and no. The closer I am to you the more direct and opinionated I can be about my emotions and thoughts if it serves a purpose, but generally I have a more laid back attitude. There are a few people that will make my Fe work harder, but my emotions do get in the way to make a judgment on something or someone and I end up with clouded judgment. Clouded judgment makes me look judgmental. Great.

I've been wondering about my Fi function and how it is expressed (mind you I'm still learning) compare to INFPs. I am constantly analyzing myself, so I have no idea if it's Fi or something else that is at work here. I know Fi is expressed differently for both types, but it seems easier to identify Fi in INFPs (is it because it's their dominant function?) than INFJs. Is it possible for Fi in INFPs and ENFPs to look relatively "similar" in how they are expressed?

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I've heard that ESTP and ENTP are the two types with the lowest Fi because they not only don't have it, they look like they could care less.

INFJ and ISFJ are, I imagine, like the mirror of this. They don't have Fi, but they look like they do.

Quote Originally Posted by LION4!5 View Post
    I've heard that ESTP and ENTP are the two types with the lowest Fi because they not only don't have it, they look like they could care less.

INFJ and ISFJ are, I imagine, like the mirror of this. They don't have Fi, but they look like they do.
    Every type has every function

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    Every type has every function
    True, but some have much lower than others. That's what I meant.

For example, INTPs have lower Fi than INFPs.
    Likes Fay liked this post