• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] I am out of here!

Starry

You are right when you say that all professions have some "attention to detail"... but it is definitely an issue of how much...and whether or not this is an "on demand/on the spot" kind of thing like it clearly is for pharmacy omg.

For me, for other Pe doms I have known...the 'detail' aspect of their jobs can be 'saved for later' and done in more of a 'my own time' type basis...do you understand what I'm saying?

Starry

Okay peanut I do need to go now...but I'll check back later. I really do feel that all that happened to you today was you learned something about yourself and your gifts. You've got gifts MQ. I personally wouldn't want them wasted by you standing in a lab coat counting pills. If today insured you may eventually have an opportunity to share your gifts with the world...then today was a good day.

Today was a great day.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are right when you say that all professions have some "attention to detail"... but it is definitely an issue of how much...and whether or not this is an "on demand/on the spot" kind of thing like it clearly is for pharmacy omg.

For me, for other Pe doms I have known...the 'detail' aspect of their jobs can be 'saved for later' and done in more of a 'my own time' type basis...do you understand what I'm saying?
Kinda…
My mother and mother's mother, and my mother's mother's mother, and my mother's mother's mother's mother were/are high school teachers.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey sweetie... I've been here waiting for you to return. You are not out of ideas Sprout wth? haha. Lots and lots and lots of ENFPs work (I actually like the info YUI has been putting forth...please check it out.)

What do I do? Well, let me start by telling you what I don't do... I sure the hell don't count very, very small objects...the size of pills for a living. And my family...my supervisors...my community...they all feel extremely grateful to me for this small service I've done for them.

My entire adult life I've worked in education in various capacities...and my ADD...or I should say...my lightening fast mind serves me well in this field. Likewise, I volunteer as a mentor for youth in the juvinelle justice system...all where there's little need for "attention to detail.". I like working with the big picture...that's just kinda my niche I guess.
Wow. You are doing exactly what I think people should be doing. That is rare. You are a wonderful, caring woman. Sociology, especially field research, seems fun, but there is also astronomy. I've loved the stars for as long as I can remember, and I am an advocate for dark skies. I lost a battle with a church who wanted to put a huge illuminated cross last year, and I miss the half of the visible stars I lost to the forces of light. I call them "forces of light" because they take away so much dark sky. What is humanity without the night sky?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I had only really just started the class, had never watched a cartoon and had never done anything even remotely similar to animation before (except sketch art). The first time I met the guy, he gave me an introductory lesson, and I blew him away with how smooth I was as a first timer. It was like I was already at intermediate skill level and had been doing it a while. Don't think he ever believed it was my first time. My mother canceled that class and replaced it with study hall, because she thought the intructpr was goving me unrealistic ideas.

Perhaps it is time to talk to the school about what you desire for your own education. You're 18. You can legally call the shots.

My tablet keeps erasing what I'm trying to post! Apologies for repetitive edits.

But, I like what Starry is saying, also.

Here is what my less realistically inclined, creative friends have gotten themselves into:

ISFP - Museum curatorial assistant
xxFP - Preschool drama teacher
INxx 4w3 - Stage electrician/lighting designer
ESFP 7 - Production assistant
IXFP 9w1 - Collegiate writing program director and website project manager
xxFP - Program director at nonprofit for adopted children
INFP 9w8 - Baker
ESTP 7w8 - Campus rec leader
IxFP 4w3 - Francophone studies teacher
xSFP - Park ranger, burlesque dancer (yes, really, both)
ESFP 7w6 - Museum director of marketing
xNFP 9w1 - Peace Corps youth developer
INFP - Youth afterschool program coordinator
ESFP 7w8 - Hotel manager
ESFP 7w6 - Translator
ESFP 9w8 - Elementary teacher
ISFP 2w1 - Elementary teacher in China
ENFP 2 - Environmental college program coordinator
ESTJ 1w9 (!) - College writing program director
ISFP 9w8 - Social worker
ENFP 7w6 - Nonprofit management
ENFP 7w6 - Middle school counselor
ExxP - Technical director at School of Arts
IxFP - Massage therapist and middle school teacher
INFP 4w5 - Freelance artist and retail manger
ENFP - Nonprofit services

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Perhaps it is time to talk to the school about what you desire for your own education. You're 18. You can legally call the shots.

That was high school, and the animation instructor was called in by my art instructor because she knew I liked to write stories and she thought animation would be a good fit for me. Every other class, I would meet her friend. My mother switched me to study hall to put an end to that "nonsense."

Now that I am in college, animation isnt offered. Only a bunch of courses I don't have any real interest in. I picked sociology just to pick something, really. I am going to have a bad life. I will only ever drain society, and I would do everybody a great service if I just died.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am going to have a bad life. I will only ever drain society, and I would do everybody a great service if I just died.

I disagree. You will drain society if and only if you choose to drain society and you will cause a lot of sadness and pain if you kill yourself. You are a teenager figuring out his life. There is no shame in being a teenager figuring out your life. Shit, I'm 26 and most of my peers are just now solidifying their paths. You don't have to have the answers... You don't have to succeed on your first try... You can be a college kid!! This is the time to make mistakes and try crazy ideas and pick yourself up and try again and again. You have PLENTY of time later in life to give back to the world. Now is still the time in your life to be a kid and play in the life sandbox and make mistakes. Who, exactly, is telling you that you are doomed, and why do you believe them?

Are you positive there is no animation at your school now? At my college it was under the umbrella of Multimedia Arts.

In the meanwhile, I am going to continue compiling my list of friends' creative careers up there. Maybe it will give you some hope. :heart:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

My tablet keeps erasing what I'm trying to post! Apologies for repetitive edits.

But, I like what Starry is saying, also.

Here is what my creative friends have gotten themselves into:

ISFP - Museum curatorial assistant
xxFP - Preschool drama teacher
INxx 4w3 - Stage electrician/lighting designer
ESFP 7 - Production assistant
IXFP 9w1 - Collegiate writing program director and website project manager
xxFP - Program director at nonprofit for adopted children
INFP 9w8 - Baker
ESTP 7w8 - Campus rec leader

Nothing feels right. Everything is wrong.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I disagree. You will drain society if and only if you choose to drain society and you will cause a lot of sadness and pain if you kill yourself. You are a teenager figuring out his life. There is no shame in being a teenager figuring out your life. Shit, I'm 26 and most of my peers are just now solidifying their paths. You don't have to have the answers... You don't have to succeed on your first try... You can be a college kid!! This is the time to make mistakes and try crazy ideas and pick yourself up and try again and again. You have PLENTY of time later in life to give back to the world. Now is still the time in your life to be a kid and play in the life sandbox and make mistakes. Who, exactly, is telling you that you are doomed, and why do you believe them?

Are you positive there is no animation at your school now? At my college it was under the umbrella of Multimedia Arts.

In the meanwhile, I am going to continue compiling my list of friends' creative careers up there. Maybe it will give you some hope. :heart:
I feel I can never find what I need to be truly happy. It will forever remain elusive. It seems like I suck up negative energies everywhere I go, much like a vacuum cleaner or a sponge. I feel other's pain, I want to heal them but can't. My own home is a nexus of negativity. Even my writing and painting feels no deeper than playing with action figures. I need depth, but it evades me. It is a fickle sprite that remains just out of grasp. I always wonder if my next project will bring me the peace of mind and fulfillment I need, but it never does.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nothing feels right. Everything is wrong.

Yep, it is. None of it fits. Just like the MBTI. It's not going to be perfect. But it's doable. And most of these people - way more on the list now, btw - are really fired up about what they do. I'm not saying one of these is the career for you, just that you're not doomed. All of these people are like you and face similar issues. All of them have successful and pleasing careers. You are not alone and your task is not by any means impossible. All of these people have paved the way and you can pave the way for future kids just like you.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I could just tame the inner chaos, perhaps my goals would ring clear.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel I can never find what I need to be truly happy. It will forever remain elusive. It seems like I suck up negative energies everywhere I go, much like a vacuum cleaner or a sponge. I feel other's pain, I want to heal them but can't. My own home is a nexus of negativity. Even my writing and painting feels no deeper than playing with action figures. I need depth, but it evades me. It is a fickle sprite that remains just out of grasp. I always wonder if my next project will bring me the peace of mind and fulfillment I need, but it never does.

Well, yeah, you're a 7. I have some of that feeling too. I think it's part of the 7/head triad pattern of trying to run to the next thing and being afraid of never being satisfied. But your home is something that you will eventually get away from, as is the religious community. There must be times in your life where you have been happy. And there are ways of recreating happiness.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yep, it is. None of it fits. Just like the MBTI. It's not going to be perfect. But it's doable. And most of these people - way more on the list now, btw - are really fired up about what they do. I'm not saying one of these is the career for you, just that you're not doomed. All of these people are like you and face similar issues. All of them have successful and pleasing careers. You are not alone and your task is not by any means impossible. All of these people have paved the way and you can pave the way for future kids just like you.

I smiled a little when I read this. Thank you.
I suppose the worst person for putting me down and telling me how doomed and worthless I am and how I'm not doing what I should or as well as I should is my unrelenting inner critic who never shuts up.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I smiled a little when I read this. Thank you.
I suppose the worst person for putting me down and telling me how doomed and worthless I am and how I'm not doing what I should or as well as I should is my unrelenting inner critic who never shuts up.

:hug: I am so glad.

And yeah. I have one too. Tell that motherfucker to stuff it every once in a while. ;)

But really. It can sit down and shut up sometimes while you do life. Sometimes it inspires us on to great things and sometimes it is just a huge weight. You are absolutely, totally going to be fine, even if your superego is freaking out. If you have clothes on your body, a roof over your head, and an idea of where your next meal is coming from, the rest can be worked out as you go. You have every capacity to create a happy life for yourself even without that critic's input. And it's surprising, the extent of help others do not at all mind giving if you could use a hand in life right now. That overbearing superego likes to tell us that it's shameful or wrong to ask, because it errs on the side of idealism, but it isn't. Nor is it shameful or wrong to fall down and pick yourself up again. The entire concept of a story is built around the idea of a conflict and resolution. You can't have a life story without conflict. The inner critic tries to construct an interpretation that doesn't contain conflict for our own benefit... But it's wrong. The inner critic doesn't do reality. It just does ideals. And life is not about pure ideals, but about bringing the beauty of ideals into being and experiencing the fresh grittiness of chaotic, surprising, unpredictable and exhilarating reality.

A long time ago I read that a good tactic for dealing with errant thoughts that arise during meditation is to mentally hear them out and then let them drift on. I think it can kind of go the same way with the superego. Listen to what it's saying, decide if it has any use to you at the moment, and if it doesn't, let it drift on. It is just a voice, and sometimes it's a really stupid one. You have the power within yourself to dismiss it if it's not telling you something that makes you feel happy and whole, or that brings a useful perspective into your life. And right now, I really feel like your inner critic needs to shove it until it has something useful or positive to say. It could be busy working on helping you figure out your ideal career parameters - the kind of environment you prefer, the kind of schedule you prefer, and other such preferences that will play into your future - instead of bogging you down with self-destructive talk. You don't deserve that from anyone, particularly not from an over-valued, half-baked cognitive amalgamation that is supposed to be providing you with helpful perceptions, not negative crap.

Starry

Wow. You are doing exactly what I think people should be doing. That is rare. You are a wonderful, caring woman. Sociology, especially field research, seems fun, but there is also astronomy. I've loved the stars for as long as I can remember, and I am an advocate for dark skies. I lost a battle with a church who wanted to put a huge illuminated cross last year, and I miss the half of the visible stars I lost to the forces of light. I call them "forces of light" because they take away so much dark sky. What is humanity without the night sky?

Thanks MQ. And wow...look at all the *help* you're getting here! I'll let you continue your dialogue...and if you decide to stick around (I hope you do)...you know where to find me.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks MQ. And wow...look at all the *help* you're getting here! I'll let you continue your dialogue...and if you decide to stick around (I hope you do)...you know where to find me.

[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]

I may be about to find another tech job. My mother found a legal loophole in my circumstances, so I'm going to get a second chance when I normally wouldn't have gotten one. I am torn between telling myself I won't screw this up and I'll redeem myself and everything will turn out OK, and telling myself I'll be just as accident-prone and helpless as last time. All I know is, I am supposed to be productive, and there is a stigma attached to not being productive.

How did you get your username, [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]

I may be about to find another tech job. My mother found a legal loophole in my circumstances, so I'm going to get a second chance when I normally wouldn't have gotten one. I am torn between telling myself I won't screw this up and I'll redeem myself and everything will turn out OK, and telling myself I'll be just as accident-prone and helpless as last time. All I know is, I am supposed to be productive, and there is a stigma attached to not being productive.

Congratulations on the additional opportunity!

Here's what I think... Why do you need to frame it either way, either as redemption or as damnation? It's just a job. It's awesome that you get another opportunity because jobs are useful for the money and the experience, but what if instead of looking at is as a big thing, it's just a little stepping stone in your life, and it ultimately means very little in terms of your identity or your worth? Sure, management wants you to be productive, because that makes them money. And parents want their kids to be productive because they like to see them blazing their own path in the world and chasing down success. And citizens like to see other citizens being productive because they like to know you're putting your taxes in the pot. But it's just an external measure, an indicator. It's not an exact printout of how you're doing in life. People like you to be productive because it makes their lives easier, and because there is some degree of empathic happiness most people experience when they see another person doing well. But I think you'd benefit if you could try to see this extra opportunity as a stroke of luck. It doesn't matter what you do with it. If it can be useful to you for a day, great. If it can be useful for a year, great. Enjoy that you have it and try not to worry about how you're going to do. And start planning for what you'd rather be doing if you were given the chance, so that if anything happens, you can get going on your next adventure.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Congratulations on the additional opportunity!

Here's what I think... Why do you need to frame it either way, either as redemption or as damnation? It's just a job. It's awesome that you get another opportunity because jobs are useful for the money and the experience, but what if instead of looking at is as a big thing, it's just a little stepping stone in your life, and it ultimately means very little in terms of your identity or your worth? Sure, management wants you to be productive, because that makes them money. And parents want their kids to be productive because they like to see them blazing their own path in the world and chasing down success. And citizens like to see other citizens being productive because they like to know you're putting your taxes in the pot. But it's just an external measure, an indicator. It's not an exact printout of how you're doing in life. People like you to be productive because it makes their lives easier, and because there is some degree of empathic happiness most people experience when they see another person doing well. But I think you'd benefit if you could try to see this extra opportunity as a stroke of luck. It doesn't matter what you do with it. If it can be useful to you for a day, great. If it can be useful for a year, great. Enjoy that you have it and try not to worry about how you're going to do. And start planning for what you'd rather be doing if you were given the chance, so that if anything happens, you can get going on your next adventure.

I honestly have no idea what I want long-term career-wise. I'm just playing it by ear. Most of my plans revolve around settling down, marrying a kind, curious lady, and having 3 kids someplace beautiful. My ideals are very home-centric, I suppose.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I honestly have no idea what I want long-term career-wise. I'm just playing it by ear. Most of my plans revolve around settling down, marrying a kind, curious lady, and having 3 kids someplace beautiful. My ideals are very home-centric, I suppose.

Sounds wonderful!! :)

You don't have to know now. Just think about what you think would make you happier than now and pursue that. And just keep on readjusting till you feel like you don't want to adjust any more. :)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sounds wonderful!! :)

You don't have to know now. Just think about what you think would make you happier than now and pursue that. And just keep on readjusting till you feel like you don't want to adjust any more. :)
Still not sure.
Something philosophical and creative, where socialization plays a role but where I can still go off alone. Something much more laid back than now.