The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Congratulations on the additional opportunity!

Here's what I think... Why do you need to frame it either way, either as redemption or as damnation? It's just a job. It's awesome that you get another opportunity because jobs are useful for the money and the experience, but what if instead of looking at is as a big thing, it's just a little stepping stone in your life, and it ultimately means very little in terms of your identity or your worth? Sure, management wants you to be productive, because that makes them money. And parents want their kids to be productive because they like to see them blazing their own path in the world and chasing down success. And citizens like to see other citizens being productive because they like to know you're putting your taxes in the pot. But it's just an external measure, an indicator. It's not an exact printout of how you're doing in life. People like you to be productive because it makes their lives easier, and because there is some degree of empathic happiness most people experience when they see another person doing well. But I think you'd benefit if you could try to see this extra opportunity as a stroke of luck. It doesn't matter what you do with it. If it can be useful to you for a day, great. If it can be useful for a year, great. Enjoy that you have it and try not to worry about how you're going to do. And start planning for what you'd rather be doing if you were given the chance, so that if anything happens, you can get going on your next adventure.
    I honestly have no idea what I want long-term career-wise. I'm just playing it by ear. Most of my plans revolve around settling down, marrying a kind, curious lady, and having 3 kids someplace beautiful. My ideals are very home-centric, I suppose.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I honestly have no idea what I want long-term career-wise. I'm just playing it by ear. Most of my plans revolve around settling down, marrying a kind, curious lady, and having 3 kids someplace beautiful. My ideals are very home-centric, I suppose.
    Sounds wonderful!!

You don't have to know now. Just think about what you think would make you happier than now and pursue that. And just keep on readjusting till you feel like you don't want to adjust any more.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Sounds wonderful!!

You don't have to know now. Just think about what you think would make you happier than now and pursue that. And just keep on readjusting till you feel like you don't want to adjust any more.
    Still not sure.
    Something philosophical and creative, where socialization plays a role but where I can still go off alone. Something much more laid back than now.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Still not sure.
    Something philosophical and creative, where socialization plays a role but where I can still go off alone. Something much more laid back than now.
    No rush. I believed people when they told me the career inspiration would come to me... Then I got upset because it didn't... Now it has. We're young still, you even more so than me. We have to give life time to beautifully unfold. Your answers will come from inside of you when the time is right.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

No rush. I believed people when they told me the career inspiration would come to me... Then I got upset because it didn't... Now it has. We're young still, you even more so than me. We have to give life time to beautifully unfold. Your answers will come from inside of you when the time is right.
    Thank you.

I am very quiet and reserved at work (I learned this art my last job, as I am more outgoing when I'm relaxed or excited.) and I recently had to fill out a personality test from this new company to make sure the job is a "fit." My mother guided me through it and my responses were kind of opposite of me except for the parts about being friendly and reserved.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Thank you.

I am very quiet and reserved at work (I learned this art my last job, as I am more outgoing when I'm relaxed or excited.) and I recently had to fill out a personality test from this new company to make sure the job is a "fit." My mother guided me through it and my responses were kind of opposite of me except for the parts about being friendly and reserved.
    Lol, yeah, a lot of jobs have crazy test things. They're awful. I hate to say lying is ever the best policy but I lie my ass off on those!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I feel I can never find what I need to be truly happy. It will forever remain elusive. It seems like I suck up negative energies everywhere I go, much like a vacuum cleaner or a sponge. I feel other's pain, I want to heal them but can't. My own home is a nexus of negativity. Even my writing and painting feels no deeper than playing with action figures. I need depth, but it evades me. It is a fickle sprite that remains just out of grasp. I always wonder if my next project will bring me the peace of mind and fulfillment I need, but it never does.
    IME, the best way to find happiness is to stop trying to find it and focus on other goals or desires instead. I don't even know what trying to be happy would look like. Instead, I try to find inspiration or fulfillment, friendship or experience; to learn something, to accomplish something, to help someone, even if it is something very small or ordinary. When I am able to do one or more of these, happiness is a natural by-product.

Wow. You are doing exactly what I think people should be doing. That is rare. You are a wonderful, caring woman. Sociology, especially field research, seems fun, but there is also astronomy. I've loved the stars for as long as I can remember, and I am an advocate for dark skies. I lost a battle with a church who wanted to put a huge illuminated cross last year, and I miss the half of the visible stars I lost to the forces of light. I call them "forces of light" because they take away so much dark sky. What is humanity without the night sky?
    This reminded me of one of my favorite quotes:

I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Sorry just seeing this. I have been absent.
    Many happy returns. (And by return I mean - hope you come back.)
    Azul
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    IME, the best way to find happiness is to stop trying to find it and focus on other goals or desires instead. I don't even know what trying to be happy would look like. Instead, I try to find inspiration or fulfillment, friendship or experience; to learn something, to accomplish something, to help someone, even if it is something very small or ordinary. When I am able to do one or more of these, happiness is a natural by-product.

This reminded me of one of my favorite quotes:

I bundle those, but I find those just as hard to find. I try to derive deep happiness from those experiences, but it all feels so shallow. At least I can pretend to be happy.

I lost my train of thought, again…

Lol, yeah, a lot of jobs have crazy test things. They're awful. I hate to say lying is ever the best policy but I lie my ass off on those!
    I understand why.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Sorry just seeing this. I have been absent.
    Many happy returns. (And by return I mean - hope you come back.)
    Azul
    I'll probably only be on less often. I find it difficult to stay away.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan