User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Sorry. I just don't know what to do. I'm out of ideas. What is your career?
    Hey sweetie... I've been here waiting for you to return. You are not out of ideas Sprout wth? haha. Lots and lots and lots of ENFPs work (I actually like the info YUI has been putting forth...please check it out.)

What do I do? Well, let me start by telling you what I don't do... I sure the hell don't count very, very small objects...the size of pills for a living. And my family...my supervisors...my community...they all feel extremely grateful to me for this small service I've done for them.

My entire adult life I've worked in education in various capacities...and my ADD...or I should say...my lightening fast mind serves me well in this field. Likewise, I volunteer as a mentor for youth in the juvinelle justice system...all where there's little need for "attention to detail.". I like working with the big picture...that's just kinda my niche I guess.

@Lady_X is a photographer
    @five sounds is a speech therapist

You are right when you say that all professions have some "attention to detail"... but it is definitely an issue of how much...and whether or not this is an "on demand/on the spot" kind of thing like it clearly is for pharmacy omg.

For me, for other Pe doms I have known...the 'detail' aspect of their jobs can be 'saved for later' and done in more of a 'my own time' type basis...do you understand what I'm saying?

Okay peanut I do need to go now...but I'll check back later. I really do feel that all that happened to you today was you learned something about yourself and your gifts. You've got gifts MQ. I personally wouldn't want them wasted by you standing in a lab coat counting pills. If today insured you may eventually have an opportunity to share your gifts with the world...then today was a good day.

Today was a great day.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    You are right when you say that all professions have some "attention to detail"... but it is definitely an issue of how much...and whether or not this is an "on demand/on the spot" kind of thing like it clearly is for pharmacy omg.

For me, for other Pe doms I have known...the 'detail' aspect of their jobs can be 'saved for later' and done in more of a 'my own time' type basis...do you understand what I'm saying?
    Kinda…
    My mother and mother's mother, and my mother's mother's mother, and my mother's mother's mother's mother were/are high school teachers.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Hey sweetie... I've been here waiting for you to return. You are not out of ideas Sprout wth? haha. Lots and lots and lots of ENFPs work (I actually like the info YUI has been putting forth...please check it out.)

What do I do? Well, let me start by telling you what I don't do... I sure the hell don't count very, very small objects...the size of pills for a living. And my family...my supervisors...my community...they all feel extremely grateful to me for this small service I've done for them.

My entire adult life I've worked in education in various capacities...and my ADD...or I should say...my lightening fast mind serves me well in this field. Likewise, I volunteer as a mentor for youth in the juvinelle justice system...all where there's little need for "attention to detail.". I like working with the big picture...that's just kinda my niche I guess.
    Wow. You are doing exactly what I think people should be doing. That is rare. You are a wonderful, caring woman. Sociology, especially field research, seems fun, but there is also astronomy. I've loved the stars for as long as I can remember, and I am an advocate for dark skies. I lost a battle with a church who wanted to put a huge illuminated cross last year, and I miss the half of the visible stars I lost to the forces of light. I call them "forces of light" because they take away so much dark sky. What is humanity without the night sky?
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I had only really just started the class, had never watched a cartoon and had never done anything even remotely similar to animation before (except sketch art). The first time I met the guy, he gave me an introductory lesson, and I blew him away with how smooth I was as a first timer. It was like I was already at intermediate skill level and had been doing it a while. Don't think he ever believed it was my first time. My mother canceled that class and replaced it with study hall, because she thought the intructpr was goving me unrealistic ideas.
    Perhaps it is time to talk to the school about what you desire for your own education. You're 18. You can legally call the shots.

My tablet keeps erasing what I'm trying to post! Apologies for repetitive edits.

But, I like what Starry is saying, also.

Here is what my less realistically inclined, creative friends have gotten themselves into:

ISFP - Museum curatorial assistant
    xxFP - Preschool drama teacher
    INxx 4w3 - Stage electrician/lighting designer
    ESFP 7 - Production assistant
    IXFP 9w1 - Collegiate writing program director and website project manager
    xxFP - Program director at nonprofit for adopted children
    INFP 9w8 - Baker
    ESTP 7w8 - Campus rec leader
    IxFP 4w3 - Francophone studies teacher
    xSFP - Park ranger, burlesque dancer (yes, really, both)
    ESFP 7w6 - Museum director of marketing
    xNFP 9w1 - Peace Corps youth developer
    INFP - Youth afterschool program coordinator
    ESFP 7w8 - Hotel manager
    ESFP 7w6 - Translator
    ESFP 9w8 - Elementary teacher
    ISFP 2w1 - Elementary teacher in China
    ENFP 2 - Environmental college program coordinator
    ESTJ 1w9 (!) - College writing program director
    ISFP 9w8 - Social worker
    ENFP 7w6 - Nonprofit management
    ENFP 7w6 - Middle school counselor
    ExxP - Technical director at School of Arts
    IxFP - Massage therapist and middle school teacher
    INFP 4w5 - Freelance artist and retail manger
    ENFP - Nonprofit services

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Perhaps it is time to talk to the school about what you desire for your own education. You're 18. You can legally call the shots.
    That was high school, and the animation instructor was called in by my art instructor because she knew I liked to write stories and she thought animation would be a good fit for me. Every other class, I would meet her friend. My mother switched me to study hall to put an end to that "nonsense."

Now that I am in college, animation isnt offered. Only a bunch of courses I don't have any real interest in. I picked sociology just to pick something, really. I am going to have a bad life. I will only ever drain society, and I would do everybody a great service if I just died.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I am going to have a bad life. I will only ever drain society, and I would do everybody a great service if I just died.
    I disagree. You will drain society if and only if you choose to drain society and you will cause a lot of sadness and pain if you kill yourself. You are a teenager figuring out his life. There is no shame in being a teenager figuring out your life. Shit, I'm 26 and most of my peers are just now solidifying their paths. You don't have to have the answers... You don't have to succeed on your first try... You can be a college kid!! This is the time to make mistakes and try crazy ideas and pick yourself up and try again and again. You have PLENTY of time later in life to give back to the world. Now is still the time in your life to be a kid and play in the life sandbox and make mistakes. Who, exactly, is telling you that you are doomed, and why do you believe them?

Are you positive there is no animation at your school now? At my college it was under the umbrella of Multimedia Arts.

In the meanwhile, I am going to continue compiling my list of friends' creative careers up there. Maybe it will give you some hope.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

My tablet keeps erasing what I'm trying to post! Apologies for repetitive edits.

But, I like what Starry is saying, also.

Here is what my creative friends have gotten themselves into:

ISFP - Museum curatorial assistant
    xxFP - Preschool drama teacher
    INxx 4w3 - Stage electrician/lighting designer
    ESFP 7 - Production assistant
    IXFP 9w1 - Collegiate writing program director and website project manager
    xxFP - Program director at nonprofit for adopted children
    INFP 9w8 - Baker
    ESTP 7w8 - Campus rec leader
    Nothing feels right. Everything is wrong.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan