User Tag List

Thread: Sweatlodges

Default Sweatlodges

Any people here have experiences with sweatlodges? I have been curious about this experience for quite sometime now and was wondering what I can expect. Is it something worth doing in the opinion of those of you you have experience? Any input is appreciated.

Sorry if this is in the wrong area but I thought nf's in particular would be the most likely to have some knowledge of this.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Loved it, LOVED IT!!!!

Yes, do it!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Sweat lodge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For those that don't know what these are, including me I'm a hardcore whitey so....

Looks interesting! Can I come?
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    INtP

I've done the sweat lodge thing on a couple of occasions -- it was interesting, and as I was in good company it was enjoyable, but I didn't get any real spiritual meaning from it (but I'm pretty much dead inside - I know others have enjoyed it that way).

The only real thing I have to say is, be safe. They can get *very* hot - hot enough that it hurts to breathe. Wearing metal jewelry, clothes with metal studs/buttons, etc. is a big no-no. You can and will get burned. Make sure you're with someone who knows what they're doing, and absolutely do not be afraid to leave if you feel like you need to. Don't let it turn into a macho "I can do it" thing. It can be dangerous - just be smart.