User Tag List

Thread: Manipulation

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default Manipulation

We ENFPs are pretty good with people, reading them, we're also good with taking advantage of opportunities, pushing possibilities... This is our playground, and we rely on some crude Te for this. Isn't this always manipulation in a sense?

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I like to think that Fi keeps us not only accountable to ourselves, but also very bad at having any kind of hidden agenda. I think I'm best at coercion when I have something my heart's really behind and I'm trying my darndest to sell it.
    Last edited by five sounds; 08-13-2014 at 10:02 AM.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    I like to think that Fi keeps us not only accountable to ourselves, but also very bad at having any kind of hidden agenda. I think I'm best at coercion when I have something my heart's really behind and I'm trying my dardest to sell it.
    Yeah, same. I feel like it makes FPs horrible trolls unless they really have a reason to hate your guts haha.

I can be manipulative in different ways depending on the person. With my mom she says I "withhold affection" so I become really grouchy and apathetic until she caves haha but okay it's not like a whining child it's more subconscious. Like for example when she was thinking about not letting me go to California I became really spiteful and bitchy because going to California was something I felt like I really needed to do before the summer ended. So she was just like GOD FINE haha.

With friends it's more like wording things the right way so they get the right idea, possibly Ne related by thinking of reasons why whatever you're asking for is your only option, etc. But really I don't really manipulate at all, because I'd feel bad and also because I'm usually pretty direct about what I want from the get-go.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

My people skills are quite related to the moment. So, I'm very good with people but it's not planned ahead. So I cannot manipulate anybody by planning it and then doing it but I can try to affact people in the situation in hand, like I can try to lift the spirit or the group athmosphere and so on. So, if it's manipulation, it's not planned ahead. That's the case with me at least.