• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP/ENFP Freedom?

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
to make things even more complicated, when we talked on the phone tonight she asked me if I have Verizon and since I don't and she's already out of minutes, well yea so now I feel bad when I do call!

...........sigh...... first time I meet a girl I totally understand and who completely understands me and well... I hate technology sometimes.

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
Nevermind, random text message from her at like 11:30 wondering if ENFP's have random thoughts before falling asleep. The answer being of course, "when don't i have random thoughts?'
So that turned into an hour long actual phone conversation which was amazing. No idea if there is any romantic inclinations but it's just awesome to have someone who understands.

Enfp's - try to date an enfp!! or at least get close to one, you realize just how awesome we really are.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
"Like on one hand they're awesome because you can call people wherever whenever. On the other hand they make life extremely frustrating when you know the other person saw and read and hasn't responded.
Drives me loco. And further down the road when your better friends and understand eachother more, it's not a big deal but at this stage and with my damn intensity, it's near crippling."

I could have written this!! I know, right?! Verizon gives me that feature where I can tell if the message has been read or not and naturally, I utilize it. On a positive note, at least with dating an ENFP, you can pretty much count on her analyzing the same amount you are, which is like pretty much all the time (assuming that she likes you as much as you like her - and does she like you as much as you like her - and will she continue to like you as much as you like her - and wait, why is she not texting back yet? TEXT! TEXT NOW!)...

Mad hype. And yet, somewhat reassuring.

How did you find this one? I've never met any male ENFPs in real life! Where do you frequent?

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ok ready for this?
Apparently we met over 5 years ago when I was working in Colorado. She stayed at the camp I was working at and was visiting my best friend of that summer for a week or so. I have very little recollection of this. Anyway so back in May I get a friend request on facebook and it's this very cute little pixie looking girl who's into alot of the same stuff I am and looks uber rad. She someone found me via a group for that camp and since I live in the same place she lives now and since I "looked like someone that I would totally get along with" she added me.

Totally awesome right?

Then she left for the summer to go backpacking before we could hang out but that just made me like her all the more. So now she's back and we went out sunday for the first time. Fantastical.

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
So she sent me a text at 11am or so with some bands that she wanted me to check out. I responded with a thanks, a few hours later asked a question and so far nada... I hate cell phones. I really really do.

Like on one hand they're awesome because you can call people wherever whenever. On the other hand they make life extremely frustrating when you know the other person saw and read and hasn't responded.
Drives me loco. And further down the road when your better friends and understand eachother more, it's not a big deal but at this stage and with my damn intensity, it's near crippling.

for me, i get really paranoid and irrationally analytical when it takes people awhile to respond to my facebook messages.... GAH! i wish the girl would respond already =:)doh:

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
lol... I know the feeling. In one of my previous facebook messages to her I finished it off with saying "Is it weird that I keep forgetting we've never met?"
and then I didn't hear from her for a week or so. Now I think it's funny. But for that week I was a paranoid mess.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
for me, i get really paranoid and irrationally analytical when it takes people awhile to respond to my facebook messages.... GAH! i wish the girl would respond already =:)doh:

lol... I know the feeling. In one of my previous facebook messages to her I finished it off with saying "Is it weird that I keep forgetting we've never met?"
and then I didn't hear from her for a week or so. Now I think it's funny. But for that week I was a paranoid mess.

I wonder if that is a dominant N trait to analyze so heavily, though different by personality type. I know I'm always scenario building when I'm interested in someone, and stress out completely inbetween communication if I made a mistake, or I should've said this instead of that because I might be misunderstood, etc... I just think from an Ni standpoint, we want to be perfect, and if someone doesn't respond in a quick way, it can make you reevaluate endlessly to find perfection.:coffee:

Heck, should see how long it takes me to analyze for asking for a girl's phone number. Luckily I trained myself to push INTJ out by waiting until she is leaving and asking, then if she says yes or no, I can get out of there to think.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
I wonder if that is a dominant N trait to analyze so heavily, though different by personality type. I know I'm always scenario building when I'm interested in someone, and stress out completely inbetween communication if I made a mistake, or I should've said this instead of that because I might be misunderstood, etc... I just think from an Ni standpoint, we want to be perfect, and if someone doesn't respond in a quick way, it can make you reevaluate endlessly to find perfection.

Heck, should see how long it takes me to analyze for asking for a girl's phone number. Luckily I trained myself to push INTJ out by waiting until she is leaving and asking, then if she says yes or no, I can get out of there to think.

The overanalyzing is maddening!

"Is it weird that I keep forgetting we've never met?"

This simple statement would communicate definite interest to me and I would immediately classify that as too telling (early on in the relationship). You know, I like what I can't have... and well, as much as I hate the game, I would probably wait to respond just because I know he's already hooked. Game over. Cute, but boring! Until of course, he does something that catches my interest again and then we start all over...

EDIT: I only said the above because I know she did already respond. I would never have said that had he still been caught in a period of pending angst!

Last edited:

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
Gawd, I want to meet an ENFP male now!

Any single ones here?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awwww geez, folks...this guy is on cloud 9 and you want to bury him!!!!!

That's awesome that you feel so happy. Okay, sure, it may not work: but you can say that for ANY relationship with ANYONE. Do you think things will totally work out just because you find an INFJ, or ISTJ, or INTJ or whoever the hell is supposed to fit to us??? Blahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

:hug: You have to have your own experiences on the relationship front, and if you are both mature - hell, why can't it work??? But just be sure that the love is real before you cash in your chips. That goes for ANY type, though.

If it is real, I am so happy for you!!!! :D I know what it is like to find the love of your life. I'm absolutely sure mine is NOT an ENFP....not quite sure WHAT he is, but he is surely not that. Pretty sure he's an I and a P, but other than that....aww, hell, who cares? Find your happiness, and if it feels right, go with it. As long as you do not make any premature lifelong decisions, what do you have to lose?!?!?! :)

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
so we were supposed to go to coffee tomorrow but after I left a voicemail tonight and sent a text telling her I hope she's ok.... well it's been five hours or so since the voicemail and about two hours since the text and I am starting to think we aren't doing anything tomorrow and now she's quickly being put into the friend category before my heart takes anymore damage.

I hate being enfp at the start of relationships.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
^ :(

It is possible that she was busy and didn't hear her phone, or it's uncharged, or she left it somewhere, etc etc etc...

I'm also thinking there's a possibility that she's an INFP/J (one of those who can't figure out their type)? 'Cause being around my ENFP (and ESFP) friends makes me bust out as ENFP insanely... until I remember I'm an introvert and avoid them for a while!

Then again, if you want to give up your hopes, then I can crush them for you.... like a pellet. See, you ENFPs are having an effect on me over the net. Stop eet!!

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
no she's totally extroverted with the addtional crazy bonus of ADHD. Like I can maintain conversations with other enfps but when i'm with her it's all over the walls crazy. I like it!

...or i did.... :(

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Baroooo! :( :(

The NF in me says, "Don't give up hope!" Then again, they always get back in touch just when you've given up hope. Okay, GIVE UP HOPE. :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
so we were supposed to go to coffee tomorrow but after I left a voicemail tonight and sent a text telling her I hope she's ok.... well it's been five hours or so since the voicemail and about two hours since the text and I am starting to think we aren't doing anything tomorrow and now she's quickly being put into the friend category before my heart takes anymore damage.

I hate being enfp at the start of relationships.

Crap! That's exactly what I do :(

:hug: