User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You're an inadequate and disappointing mass of unmet deadlines and expectations who really needs someone to change you!

*poke*

[peeks through fingers to see reaction]
    *goes outside for a smoke*

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    *goes outside for a smoke*
    "AND YOU'RE BAD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND BABIES' LUNGS!!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

"AND YOU'RE BAD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND BABIES' LUNGS!!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"
    I always dispose of my butts thoughtfully. As for the babies' lungs, it's a valid criticism. I'll stop offering them my cigarettes. But it seems mean to withhold.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I always dispose of my butts thoughtfully. As for the babies' lungs, it's a valid criticism. I'll stop offering them my cigarettes. But it seems mean to withhold.
    lol -- so this is YOUR handiwork (?):

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

He was crying.

MBTI
    INTj

I suspect INFPs deal so badly with criticism partly because we hate disappointing people, especially people we're close to.
    This seems true in my experiences. But what INFPs don't realize is that they don't have to constantly worry about disappointing the INTJ. You don't have to be there for us all of the time. We'll be fine. Trust us.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I suspect INFPs deal so badly with criticism partly because we hate disappointing people, especially people we're close to. We should be used to it, because we often do it thanks to our vagueness with deadlines and other practical matters. It's kind of hard to say how much is INFP and how much is just me. I know that I have a fairly strong sense of inadequacy when it comes to practical areas, so I'm well aware of my shortfalls in that regard. Sometimes when people criticize me in an ongoing way (ie actually trying to bring about change rather than just registering disapproval) I can overreact (eventually) out of my own sense of frustration with myself.
    Well, the majority of criticism in the world/media/etc. seems to be expressed in an unhealthy manner. There is a tendency to invalidate and toss out the baby with the bath water so to speak. It's actually a bit of an issue that people should acknowledge. (hey there's a little criticism right there! whee!!)

There has to be trust in order to accept criticism. I think there are ways to express that there is no feeling of disappointment, just opportunity for growth? What you describe in part sounds like someone who doesn't accept the whole package of who you are? There is the critique that helps someone become more of who they are and the kind that makes them less. Big difference.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Enneagram
    1w2

How'd I get into this??

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    This seems true in my experiences. But what INFPs don't realize is that they don't have to constantly worry about disappointing the INTJ. You don't have to be there for us all of the time. We'll be fine. Trust us.
    This is fine as long as it is communicated. If, however, the disappointing act is followed by a day or two of silence from the INTJ then the INFP will probably start to think about straws, which is never good. Most of my experience with INTJs is from my INTJ dad. Personally, I'd like to be accepted with all my flaws. However, I'd rather be raged at for these flaws than written off.

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    There has to be trust in order to accept criticism. I think there are ways to express that there is no feeling of disappointment, just opportunity for growth? What you describe in part sounds like someone who doesn't accept the whole package of who you are? There is the critique that helps someone become more of who they are and the kind that makes them less. Big difference.
    Heh, sounds good. Does it actually exist?

MBTI
    INTj

This is fine as long as it is communicated. If, however, the disappointing act is followed by a day or two of silence from the INTJ then the INFP will probably start to think about straws, which is never good. Most of my experience with INTJs is from my INTJ dad. Personally, I'd like to be accepted with all my flaws. However, I'd rather be raged at for these flaws than written off.

Silence doesn't mean that you're being written off!

Argh. This is bringing out my rage towards the INFPs that I have known.

An INTJ is an island. Occasionally, we allow visitors to the island. They are allowed to relax in our hammocks and have a few drinks out of a coconut, but at the end of the day, they have to leave.

The next day it may be possible to visit the island again, but a severe hurricane may prevent that from happening. Or perhaps the island may need time alone because after all, it is by definition, a freakin' island. Either way, it's better not to question why you can't always go to the island. It's not personal. Just enjoy it whenever you can or don't bother visiting at all.