• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do INFPs think of INTJs?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Do you want honesty? OK....
I know two INTJ/INFP couples. One of the INTJ's is a good friend.
Here's what I have noticed about the INTJs:
- Lack of appropriate inner sensor with regard to statements
- Pedantic attitude, unwillingness to back down, even when proven wrong
- 'My way, or the highway'
- cynical (and believing that this constitutes 'proof' or sophistication)
- Inability to see other's emotional states, or offer soothing words, including 'I'm sorry'.
On the other hand:
-Both are very reliable
-Intelligent
-Generous
Oddly, if I use statements that take the INTJ's emotional state into consideration when I debate with them, they are more likely to be persuaded that they are wrong or missing something. It seems to me that under all of that sophistication is a lonely 6-year old who needs a hug. I am aware of the irony.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Those observations are beyond just interrogation, those insights into INFP can only be discovered through laboratory experimentation that's highly detrimental to an INFP's health! :cry:

Come come now. Shoulder rubs aren't so bad.

Oddly, if I use statements that take the INTJ's emotional state into consideration when I debate with them, they are more likely to be persuaded that they are wrong or missing something. It seems to me that under all of that sophistication is a lonely 6-year old who needs a hug. I am aware of the irony.

Fe PoLR in an INTJ; just like you can't find an ExTP who really understand morals. However, surely you aren't trying to debate that your opinion is more right than the INTJs opinion... my friend... it doesn't work that way! * fingers > ears > lalalalla * :p

Phenix

MBTI Type
INFP
On the other hand, I love Nuremburgers, thin sausages that you eat on hard rolls with mustard. Yummy! Even INTJs must eat. LOL

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I get along swimmingly with INTJs. Unless they're asshats, but any type can be an asshat so I also don't get along with overly emotional f's I actually prefer cold people to overly emotional people. But yeah, in general I have no problems with INTJs

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Those observations are beyond just interrogation, those insights into INFP can only be discovered through laboratory experimentation that's highly detrimental to an INFP's health! :cry:

I'm talking Mengele in Auschiwitz experimentation!

I want him Nuremburged! :azdaja:
It's all water under the bridge now. Might as well put the data to some useful purpose.

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, you do. Because no matter how much you tell them that you care about them, they still want more. And when you're acting in a normal non-expressive manner, they'll ask, "Are you mad at me?" Then suddenly they'll retreat for no apparent reason and start brooding in a corner. They'll deny that it has anything to do with you, but don't worry, it does.

They can be some of the most needy and insecure creatures that one will ever meet.

/rant

No way, not all infps react that way. I love the crap out of my intj friends because of how understanding they are. They help me out more than any other Nt type I've come across and they always tell me that it's ok if I need someone to listen. They're never quick to judge or accuse etc. We both usually have the same point of view on many aspects in our lives.

I believe the only time I became very upset and clammed up was with an Intj ex. I remember him seeming to not care that he said something extremely hurtful toward me so I stopped talking and ignored him for a while. I later blew up and told him just how I felt and he apologized for hurting me. The reason the relationship didn't work was due to lack of communication. When I finally told him some truths that I hid before from being too timid, he ended it because he felt betrayed.

The only time I could ever think an Intj is mean is when they say something that seems a little absent minded, without taking my feelings into consideration or at least listening to me first, before pushing advice on me. I think I've gotten mad at one intj for telling me to work at a place that would cause me to panic. He wasn't really listening so I just let him say it because I knew he was trying to help in his own way. The only type that has ever really screwed me up was Enfp.