Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    Can you explain that based on my reasoning there would be no compatibility? I think compatibility theories are not very useful because there are too many factors to consider. I was only isolating ONE FACTOR and expounding on it; not providing a comprehensive theory. I would never argue anything regarding non compatibility.

I don't see how the statements i've made suggest there is no possibility of compatibility. Compatibility was not my aim. I was targeting where specific -problems- may occur, not the be all and end all of whether intjs' and infps' could get along. Very specific focus.

"Plus, I don't think INTJs think INFPs are "too emotional" because of feeding Fi with Se. If SFPs were less emotional, my mother would be a much easier person to deal with".

I say -some- intjs' based on the -actual comments- I've seen from some. Not -all-.

I also said se feeds their fi, but not that it is their only source.

Please read this thread for more information about what i'm getting at.
    http://personalitycafe.com/nfs-tempe...-nfs-mean.html
    Well you seemed to give your explanation for preferring ENTJs or NTPs over INTJs was that their Fi was fed by Se and their interpretation of emotions was too linear, but if all NTs interpret emotions as SFs and all NFs interpret ideas like STs then ALL NFs and NTs would clash, not just your explanation for INTJs and INFPs clashing in your experience.

I don't think function theory is that simple, anyhoo, and I'm pretty sure that sometimes in particular situations or certain moods I act like a sensing feeler even though I'm an NF, I don't think it's as clear-cut as "NTs feel like SFs and NFs think like STs".

I think some INTJs see a lot of Fs as "too emotional" and I don't believe it's because of Fi being fed by Se, I think it's because they tend to be an excessively rational-acting type (no matter what they feel inside) thus the "robot" stereotype.

Besides, sometimes I think INFPs are too emotional, and I'm an NF.

It all depends on the individual, of course. Also, I don't tend to think of all Ts as sensors. Not at all.

Banned
    MBTI
    me

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Well you seemed to give your explanation for preferring ENTJs or NTPs over INTJs was that their Fi was fed by Se and their interpretation of emotions was too linear
    I said I prefer entjs' and intps' because they are dominant judgers. Nothing to do with fi.

but if all NTs interpret emotions as SFs and all NFs interpret ideas like STs then ALL NFs and NTs would clash, not just your explanation for INTJs and INFPs clashing in your experience.
    Well the point of this thread is infp and intj. That's what I targeted it to.

I actually did refer to nf and nt. And no I was not suggesting all nt's and nf's would clash. I talked about the potential for problems to arrise. But yes, I could apply to nf/nt relations in general. I don't see how that is a counter point.

If you go back to my original post, I said "This encourages them sometimes to dismiss feeling fed by intuition (nf)". Did I say, "every time"? no. I said sometimes.

I don't think function theory is that simple, anyhoo, and I'm pretty sure that sometimes in particular situations or certain moods I act like a sensing feeler even though I'm an NF, I don't think it's as clear-cut as "NTs feel like SFs and NFs think like STs".
    I'm not stringently applying theory. I talk in possibilities of issues and general roles of arbitrary labels. I'm probing theory and extracting consequentials.

I never talked about people being set in stone the way they are. I talked about the roles functions play. Isolating THAT factor above others. For the second time, I'm not talking about a comprehensive theory of everything. I talked about one issue.

Again If you read my first post;
    "and can come at a head with intj thinking fed by intuition".

Not every time, not all times, but 'can'. It is about potentials for/possibilities.

I think some INTJs see a lot of Fs as "too emotional" and I don't believe it's because of Fi being fed by Se, I think it's because they tend to be an excessively rational-acting type (no matter what they feel inside) thus the "robot" stereotype.
    That is one of the many reasons. I only talked about one. If I really have to break it down again; I am not (and -never- did) suggest fi+se perspective of fi+ne is the only issue that can arrise. That's placing assumptions on my words.

Besides, sometimes I think INFPs are too emotional, and I'm an NF.
    So? functions are about perspectives, not the end conclusion. It doesn't matter if you think nf's are too emotional, it's how you got there. That's what i'm talking about.

It all depends on the individual, of course. Also, I don't tend to think of all Ts as sensors. Not at all.
    No one is suggesting that -_-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I am an INFJ, but close to an INFP.

I would say that I enjoy INTJ's on a conversational level, but I think it would be very difficult to be in a romantic relationship with them.

I have less of a problem with someone who directly insults me, than with the general "feeling" that someone is being distant or upset. I would rather know directly what is going on than wonder in agony what I did wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    With some of them they act like they're doing you a favor by giving you their attention.
    Well, it can be just that. If I have no interest in someone but listen to them anyway, it is out of friendliness and thus, if you will, a favor.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

and, so it is, so often, in the presence of brillance.

What if everything's an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. - Woody Allen

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I wish these threads that I started about my inane personal issues would die a timely death, circa three years ago. Or get threadsplit.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Annwn View Post
    Why is that? Does it have to do with personalizing the criticism? Some criticism is a show of great respect and affection.
    Some critism we already acknowledge for ourselves without needing another to point it out. Emotionally, it's like getting kicked while we've already downed ourselves.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    One of my closest (male) friends and my little bro are both INFP.

I sometimes wonder what they think of me; I love them both to death and we have the most intriguing and deep conversations.

But sometimes, do I come across as a cold-hearted bitch to them?
    Yes.

I think they both know that I have the best of intentions all the time... but I just don't approach life from the same vantage.

Do I hurt them with (unintentional) careless words sometimes?
    Yes.

I verbally express to both of them how much I care for them and how unique and special etc. they are, but do I hurt them sometimes when I make lack-of-feeling judgments/statements/observations etc?
    Yes.

I've been wondering that for a while.
    Which is exactly why none of it matters

The fact that you have enough self-awareness to know these sorts of things are things that we're sensitive to is why we stick around

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Yes, you do. Because no matter how much you tell them that you care about them, they still want more. And when you're acting in a normal non-expressive manner, they'll ask, "Are you mad at me?" Then suddenly they'll retreat for no apparent reason and start brooding in a corner. They'll deny that it has anything to do with you, but don't worry, it does.

They can be some of the most needy and insecure creatures that one will ever meet.

/rant
    You are not supposed to know these things!

EDIT: Exactly how many INFPs did you kill to learn these things!?
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    EDIT: Exactly how many INFPs did you kill to learn these things!?
    We have ways of making you talk!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    We have ways of making you talk!
    Those observations are beyond just interrogation, those insights into INFP can only be discovered through laboratory experimentation that's highly detrimental to an INFP's health!

I'm talking Mengele in Auschiwitz experimentation!

I want him Nuremburged!
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist