User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I guess if I could strive to gain the qualities of any other type it would be INTJ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

^ I totally second that.

I agree with mlittrell

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

My closest friend is an INTJ. We get along quite well.
    I've known him for a long time, but the other night i had to ask him if something was bothering him. He said, no, he was just concentrating. Even now I find him at times completely opaque.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm not exactly sure if I've had any INTJ friends.. but IxTJ people in general seem to project quiet self-confidence, and I admire that about them. Sometimes they can be very blunt and speak their minds without worrying what other people think.. and although that can sometimes cause hurt feelings (unintentionally).. I still admire that trait of theirs since they can be honest and get to the point! Whereas for me, sometimes that can be hard to do lol so at times I wish I could be more like them in being direct :p

so yeah if I could choose to become a certain type.. I would strive to become like the IxTJs because I admire the qualities they have, that I seem to lack.

buut in a way, because I know they can be very honest & blunt with their thoughts, it does intimidate me sometimes... because who knows what negative thoughts they may have on me and suddenly decide to throw one my way without warning (or unintentionally) lol.. But from the IxTJ friends I've had, they do seem to be aware of people's feelings and be nice enough to hold those thoughts to themselves unless they reallly had to say it I guess (or asked to).
    "You may be one person to the world, but to one person you may be the world."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    My closest friend is an INTJ. We get along quite well.
    I've known him for a long time, but the other night i had to ask him if something was bothering him. He said, no, he was just concentrating. Even now I find him at times completely opaque.
    This is the same for me. It took me a long time to understand his emotionless contemplation of things. We both love the same stuff though so our relationship is never really strained. We both like to withdraw and don't like invading others' time so we're usually pretty laid back about things. This is what he looks like when he's confused:

That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I like them as long as they aren't too attached to the whole "I hate the foolishness that is humanity" thing.

MBTI
    INFP

My younger brother is an INTJ & we get along extremely well.

Our conversations are generally very future-oriented and/or theoretical--to the point of impracticality sometimes, but always very interesting.

Banned
    MBTI
    me

I don't idealise them like a lot of nf's tend to do.

There's a problem that occurs regarding the filtering of information. Intjs' aren't intuitive feelers, their feeling is informed by Se. This encourages them sometimes to dismiss feeling fed by intuition (nf). Just like nf's thinking is fed by sensing and can come at a head with intj thinking fed by intuition.

There's great advantages to this if you can work together as a team. But if you aren't aware of the dynamic described above, you can come to a point of contention. I've seen intjs' describe feelings as black and white etc. You can see the fi+se, which leads to different information filtering from fi+ne for example. Nf scratches a whole other layer of reality, NT doesn't and NT scratches a whole layer of reality NF doesn't. As long as you can recognise the merit of both and among other things, I guess it can work. If you're not very well integrated and become aggravated, confused, bemused by the others' means of coming to conclusions, then it gets tricky.

I prefer entjs'. Simply because I seem to get on better with dominant judgers. I tend to prefer Te as someones dominant function rather than supporting one.

I also prefer intps' above entjs'.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    There's a problem that occurs regarding the filtering of information. Intjs' aren't intuitive feelers, their feeling is informed by Se. This encourages them sometimes to dismiss feeling fed by intuition (nf). Just like nf's thinking is fed by sensing and can come at a head with intj thinking fed by intuition.

There's great advantages to this if you can work together as a team. But if you aren't aware of the dynamic described above, you can come to a point of contention. I've seen intjs' describe feelings as black and white etc. You can see the fi+se, which leads to different information filtering from fi+ne for example. Nf scratches a whole other layer of reality, NT doesn't and NT scratches a whole layer of reality NF doesn't. As long as you can recognise the merit of both and among other things, I guess it can work. If you're not very well integrated and become aggravated, confused, bemused by the others' means of coming to conclusions, then it gets tricky.
    No offense, but I think the above is crap.

I particularly disagree with the bolded, and I think it taints the rest of your analysis.