User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Well you wouldn't understand, your not an ENFP lol. But seriously, I think this is more of a problem with ENFPs then INFPs (I could be wrong). My ultimate goal is for people to see me for who I am, for me as an individual, this is what I live for. If they reject what I say or don't see it the way I see it, then they aren't seeing me for who I am. Individualism tends to be very important for the XNFP, but in a very selfless way.

I almost think that our ideals are what ground us and if our ideals crumble then we have no grounding and this causes some serious insecurities.

At least this is true for me...

Very good question btw
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    FiSi

I suppose this is more an ENFP thing. I don't really care about what people think about me or my opinions and I don't need acceptance. I just want to be absolutely true to myself.

E vs I.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Leysing View Post
    I suppose this is more an ENFP thing. I don't really care about what people think about me or my opinions and I don't need acceptance. I just want to be absolutely true to myself.

E vs I.
    Would it be more true to say that you don't care about people's opinions of you in general, but when it comes to those close to you that you are almost hypersensitive to their thoughts and opinions of you?

MBTI
    FiSi

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Would it be more true to say that you don't care about people's opinions of you in general, but when it comes to those close to you that you are almost hypersensitive to their thoughts and opinions of you?
    To be honest, I have never had an interpersonal relationship that close. My family consists of strong SJs and thus, no matter what I have done, I have always been the dreamy, impractical, difficult black sheep.

I'm still young, and I wouldn't be surprised if that will someday be the case.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

One of the reasons why I keep as many people out as possible. That said, in regards to intimacy, I like to be sure someone shares my values that way when I am criticized its in an area I'd want to improve anyway. I guess when I find her I hope she doesn't bullshit around it as well.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

That's me. I don't care for others opinion, but when it comes to my friends, its a diff case.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    My ultimate goal is for people to see me for who I am, for me as an individual, this is what I live for. If they reject what I say or don't see it the way I see it, then they aren't seeing me for who I am. Individualism tends to be very important for the XNFP, but in a very selfless way.
    So you agree or you're out? That doesn't sound very selfless.

MBTI
    INFP

Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Why is that? Does it have to do with personalizing the criticism? Some criticism is a show of great respect and affection.

When i recieve criticism it usually turns out to be a confirmation of my deepest fears. Things that i criticize and critique myself about,always hoping that its just my imagination. when someone verbally acknowledges these fears i break down... i dont understand it... i see it as a attack on me as a person i guess and that i am in some way letting them down.
    "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not." ~Andre Gide

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    So you agree or you're out? That doesn't sound very selfless.
    no no no, being that i see opinions as a reflection of myself, i will see that your just stating your opinion and thus yourself, but stating your opinions and criticizing are two different things, it's more if someone says my opinion is stupid and criticizes it with no reason but to criticize it. if they have an opinion that happens to be different but opposite of my opinion, i will gladly listen, in fact, i tend to like it if people hold different view points than i hold. it opens up conversation
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

well, as an ENFP, I think I can come close to answering. personally, I love INTJs. I think they are bad ass and some of the most intelligent and classy people I've ever met. few other types can keep up with me in intense conversation (you appear to feel the same way about NFPs) and many other types just don't understand either of us. INTJs can seem like cold bitches to us on occassion, but we can usually tell that you're just calm and collected and don't like being overly emotional (which NFPs find extremely draining).