User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

This thread is interesting because I can definitely see why an INTJ would like an INFP but I can't so easily see the reverse.

The biggest problem I can see in the relationship is the habit of both being emotionally reserved -- the INTJ through distance (though, when they do contact the base, they're usually quite strong and urgent) and the INFP through introversion. This looks like it'd cause all of those 'misunderstandings' that we hate so much and is probably why INTJs are traditionally paired up with ENFPs rather than INFPs.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    FiSi

I don't really seem to get along with INTJs at all. Most INTJs I know IRL clearly think I'm stupid, too dreamy and overidealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by MuraKoji View Post
    Well, what do I, as an INFP, think of an INTJ? In my opinion, they aren't fun to be with. Why? Because they are mostly too serious, and seek the logical reasoning. You know I can't make a really logical reasoning! Second is their J characteristic. You know, J isn't like a P - J is neat, tidy and orderly while P is not that neat, tidy and orderly. I think they would persuade INFP to be like them, and that's difficult to me
    I think about the same.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    The INFJ description mentions a dichotomy between involvement and detachment that many misunderstand. They will withdraw to rebuild unexpectedly.
    i've found truth in this statement

personal improvements

and i do this a lot

MBTI
    INFP

I know an INTJ, or at least someone who claims to be an INTJ, and she's fairly nice to me. She can be a bit straight-to-the-point in criticism and even adds sarcasm to it, but she does say at first, "Well I'm going to be really honest with you..." That one experience, if I remember right, was while we were peer-editing our papers so I understand her...a bit, though I think she could have been a little softer on the person. I like her perseverance. She's in so much and does so much and she can still get through it all. Sometimes she ignores what I say, or it seems like it, but maybe I just didn't speak loud enough. Anyway, she's a nice, intelligent companion (currently 1 in our class), and I feel sort of sorry for her because some people dislike her because they do see the INTJ self-confidence and sometimes think her arrogant.
    One may understand the cosmos, but never the ego; the self is more distant than any star.
    -G.K. Chesterton

MBTI
    INFP

I don't think I know any INTJs very well IRL so I don't really want to judge them, but the stereotypical arrogance that many tend to associate with them is something I really hate. Other than that, I don't have any problems with them
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zaerne View Post
    I know an INTJ, or at least someone who claims to be an INTJ, and she's fairly nice to me. She can be a bit straight-to-the-point in criticism and even adds sarcasm to it, but she does say at first, "Well I'm going to be really honest with you..." That one experience, if I remember right, was while we were peer-editing our papers so I understand her...a bit, though I think she could have been a little softer on the person. I like her perseverance. She's in so much and does so much and she can still get through it all. Sometimes she ignores what I say, or it seems like it, but maybe I just didn't speak loud enough. Anyway, she's a nice, intelligent companion (currently 1 in our class), and I feel sort of sorry for her because some people dislike her because they do see the INTJ self-confidence and sometimes think her arrogant.
    When criticizing, an INTJ is not trying to be mean. I know whenever I have to criticize something, I ask, "Do you really want a critique?" and, if they say 'yes,' I go to town. If they said 'yes' and didn't actually want my honest opinion, well, that was their fault.

It sounds harsh but, well... some people just can't handle the truth. And if they can't, they shouldn't demand it.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
    i've found truth in this statement

personal improvements

and i do this a lot
    It's our habit of constantly upgrading everything.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

INTJ awe me in their efficiency and intelligence. Their T preference is baffling, but fascinating.

No other type besides an INTJ has ever made me feel completely comfortable being who I most deeply and truly am. No other type has ever made me feel like my soul is being lifted, swung around, and catapulted towards the sky. I think one INTJ, either here or on the INFPg site, said this in reference to her relationship with an INFP: "We find ourselves stumbling into each other's souls quite accidentally and frequently." No other words were ever more perfect for describing the process of how I've gotten to know my closest INTJ babes.

They can be the most wise, intelligent and discerning of people, and juxtapose their extreme clarity of mind with, in the very next minute, the most endearing doubt. They can share their most deeply-felt desires and doubts with me and make me feel like our souls sprung from the same cosmic, primordial pool at the beginning of time. They make me laugh, share in and heighten my joy, and often have a similar love for mischief.

They're romantics, idealists, and compassionate friends. They can be the silliest people and have the most childlike curiosity and sense of wonder, and then tackle the darkest, most controversial issues as though they're eating their daily bread (and I assume they probably are). Convention and tradition cower and wimper at the mere sight of INTJs, because under the keen eye of an INTJ they are rendered prostrate and powerless.

In addition to all that, of the four INTJs I consider pretty close friends, two have particularly obvious, deep wellsprings of compassion. One of them drew me a picture of her taking my hand and flying us both into the night sky, and she put the lyrics to Savage Garden's "Crash and Burn" on it. ("If you jump, I'll break your fall, pick you up and fly away with you into the night. If you need to fall apart, I can mend a broken heart, if you need to crash, then crash and burn - you're not alone.") I remember how touching that level of caring was to me. She and I have weathered some storms together.

They are, hands down, my favorite type based on experience.
    Last edited by Mempy; 01-24-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    INFP

So far, I like INTJs. It's too bad they're so rare, because I would like to have more experiences with them. That way I could offer a more informed opinion. Online, they seem to be pleasant, patient, ethical, practical surrealists. The one I met in real life was just adorable. His ESFJ wife was annoying, but he wasn't phased by her condescending attitude. He always treated her respectfully. After a full day of seeming detached and preoccupied with his thoughts, off in his own little world, the time came for the group prayer. He wrapped his arms around his wife as they were praying together, creating a smaller space for just the two of them, walling them off from the larger group. Even though he spoke softly in a robotic monotone, showing little evidence of emotion, I could feel that they sincerely loved each other. It was as if he had symbolically taken her into his private world for a moment, away from her hectic SJ realm of physical preparations and hosting responsibilities and into himself. This proves that at least some INTJs are capable of being considerate and empathetic, which is something that I value deeply. I haven't had many opportunities to study them yet, but I hope that the others turn out to be like the examples I have encountered.