User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

LOL about the grocery store...sometimes I think I'm just going to be in there a few minutes, and I get back home an hour later, shocked at how the time has past! I tend too want to make decissions too quickly, so if it is something important I make sure to talk about it with people, so I spend time thinking about it...instead of just making an uber quick decission I may end up regretting. :p

MBTI
    INFP

Me, yes. I weight my options carefully unless there's a big pressure or I take the better option. That takes a varying amount of time, it really depends but sometime's it's a no brainer. It does take a lot of time because I want the "best" result so I can waste a lot of time thinking about it.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm pretty quick about big decisions. And any little ones I don't care about. Like why spend time picking out a vacuum cleaner. All of them suck up dirt...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Only if I don't know what I'm getting into.

MBTI
    INFJ

Years ago, Martin Bashir filmed an ambush-documentary of Michael Jackson on one of his shopping excursions. I vaguely remember him walking through a jam-packed antique store, pointing to clerks in every which direction, spending 100s of thousands of dollars within a minute or so, with no sign of indecision. And he was so specific. A hundred items were crammed in the tiniest of spaces, and he had the ability to zone in on the exact thing he wanted.

That's how I am. I make lasting decisions in split-seconds, and very rarely am I conflicted about them afterwards. I see things very vividly in my head, so when I see them in the outer world...it's a pretty easy decision.

MBTI
    ENFP

Opps...I didn't realize you specifically asked about INFJs. Obviously it didn't take me long to decide to post my previous reply. If it had, I would have probably noticed that small detail during my deliberation about rather to post or not. :p

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by grendiecat View Post
    Just curious--I have an infj friend who seems to have a hard time making big decisions, to the point of maybe not making a decision. I'm an enfj and I think I almost have too easy of a time making big decisions, maybe too impulsively sometimes. Do infjs just think and think and think?
    Depends on the decision at hand. If it's a really big, life-changing, there-is-no-undo-for-this one, I usually think on it and research the subject until I feel like my brain is going to pop, sleep for a few days/weeks on the data, consult people I trust for their opinions, and then make my decision which may or may not have anything at all to do the advice given to me or the research I gathered. I try to be as informed as possible about those things. I really would hate to get something like that horribly wrong.

For most others, I weigh the pros and cons and come up with a vague idea in a few moments. I still sleep on it for a few days to make sure I'm sure of what I want to do.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Enneagram
    4w5

I normally make decisions fairly quickly (though I can often change my mind about the smaller things, but the bigger plan generally remains the same). With relationships though, if there is someone I truly like, I wonít have trouble making a decision (although I too like to be friends for a while before beginning a relationship). I only speak for myself though.

Anyway, as far as types go, I have to say - I love you ENFJs. One of my best friends is an ENFJ and we just clicked instantly. I canít get enough of you guys, lol.

MBTI
    ENTP

i make decisions quickly, but thats because i already thought about it a lot before it arrived
    its no problem for me as to which university i will go
    or what job i want to do with the rest of my life
    in relationships i make decisions fast too i think

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by grendiecat View Post
    Just curious--I have an infj friend who seems to have a hard time making big decisions, to the point of maybe not making a decision. I'm an enfj and I think I almost have too easy of a time making big decisions, maybe too impulsively sometimes. Do infjs just think and think and think?
    Generally all Feeling types will demonstrate this tendency. Big decisions require analysis of complex situations. This requires Thinking.

Alternatively, if you're an F dominant and your thinking is so servile to your Feeling, you can easily convince yourself that what Feels right makes sense under all circumstances. This is likely the most significant difference between you and your INFJ friend.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

‚ÄúNo man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.‚ÄĚ---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/