User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Do you feel it?

  1. #21
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    I think every NF feels it in one way or another.

    As far as science is concerned, I think it has great potential as well (although it's not the solution to every single thing and needs to be balanced with other approaches). Now, maybe some NFs will judge me for this, but I believe it will be possible for us to extend our lifespans indefinitely with the help of science, and that we're only decades away from this. I support transhumanist ideas for this reason.
    It is a great concept that I hope unfolds!
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  2. #22
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I asked my ESTJ 1w2 mother about this and she has no concept of these feelings, and says these feelings are things I should get rid of. My question is, have any of you felt this, or am I just weird? Why can my mother not relate? Could this be more to do with Ne or Fi?
    One goal you might want to consider setting for yourself is to make some friends. Some like minded friends.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  3. #23
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    One goal you might want to consider setting for yourself is to make some friends. Some like minded friends.
    Working on it.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  4. #24
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Aw, I feel it too! I love it. I love soft green squishy moss, and the smell after the rain. I love the night sky and the ribbons of color at sunset. I love seeing deer leap by and petting the cat while he hums his low purr. I love the feeling of a plane during takeoff and the exhilaration of taking a corner in a manual. I love traveling to places I've never seen and revisiting my favorites again and again.

    I do love and respect science for helping uncover it and understand it, though I think science does have to gently be kept in check, as well.

    Have you ever tried to talk to your mom about this stuff in a less... Like... Spiritual way? My ESTJ friend has a great appreciation for the beauty of nature. I don't know if it gives her quite the feels I get from it, but she's not shut off from this stuff, either.

  5. #25
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Aw, I feel it too! I love it. I love soft green squishy moss, and the smell after the rain. I love the night sky and the ribbons of color at sunset. I love seeing deer leap by and petting the cat while he hums his low purr. I love the feeling of a plane during takeoff and the exhilaration of taking a corner in a manual. I love traveling to places I've never seen and revisiting my favorites again and again.

    I do love and respect science for helping uncover it and understand it, though I think science does have to gently be kept in check, as well.

    Have you ever tried to talk to your mom about this stuff in a less... Like... Spiritual way? My ESTJ friend has a great appreciation for the beauty of nature. I don't know if it gives her quite the feels I get from it, but she's not shut off from this stuff, either.
    When we went to the grand canyon a few years ago, we went off the trail to eat some home-made ham and cheese sandwiches while we dangled our feet off the edge of a red oblivion. It was my mother's idea to have this picnic, and I remember at some point she said "Isn't it nice, eating a sandwich on the canyon wall? How many people get to do that?"

    I think she was feeling something.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  6. #26
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    When we went to the grand canyon a few years ago, we went off the trail to eat some home-made ham and cheese sandwiches while we dangled our feet off the edge of a red oblivion. It was my mother's idea to have this picnic, and I remember at some point she said "Isn't it nice, eating a sandwich on the canyon wall? How many people get to do that?"

    I think she was feeling something.
    Sounds like it

  7. #27
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Sounds like it
    I wonder who doesn't?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  8. #28
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    When we went to the grand canyon a few years ago, we went off the trail to eat some home-made ham and cheese sandwiches while we dangled our feet off the edge of a red oblivion. It was my mother's idea to have this picnic, and I remember at some point she said "Isn't it nice, eating a sandwich on the canyon wall? How many people get to do that?"

    I think she was feeling something.
    Is that all she said?

  9. #29
    Senior Member Opal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I asked my ESTJ 1w2 mother about this and she has no concept of these feelings, and says these feelings are things I should get rid of.

  10. #30
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Opalescence View Post

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-05-2017, 03:52 PM
  2. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-18-2014, 06:32 AM
  3. [NF] Sucking up. How do you feel about it?
    By SilkRoad in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 08:02 PM
  4. Do you feel embarrassed by your friends house
    By Sona in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 10:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO