• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Cold ENFJ or not at all?

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I spent my time thinking I was an ENTJ but it never hit home to me. I read more and I identifie more with the ENFJ personality a lot more, with one excpetion:
I don't need to have strong intimate relationship with people.
As a kid I always had friends but I never really liked them, because I had trouble finding kids I really connected with. Only two years ago I could really connect with people (one INTJ and two INFJs), and I appriciate my friendships with them a lot. I do want a relationship, but I can handle it without, and it's defintely not my top prioraty. But I think that even if I didn't really had friends I could get along, because I've already done it and it was okay, meaning I can handle it. Maybe it's because I have such strong relationships with my parents and sisters that I don't have the feeling that I'm alone.
But wait, when I was in 8th grade and I felt alone, I spent a lot of my time online and I made many many friends online, friends whom I can connect with. Maybe that was my way to connect?
I don't know. Help?

P.S. I dated a guy (which I didn't really knew before, but he "stalked" me on facebook and after one time of talking he asked me out) for a really short time and at first I felt like I was really into him and that we could be great together and then he started to pressure me with long term planning and expectations from me on the second/third date and from them I became really emotionless and irritable towards him and was very moody. Am I just young and stupid ENFJ or not ENFJ at all?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well the fact that you're a type 3 and an sx last would imply that you would have a difficult time maintaining strong intimate relationships with people. It doesn't matter what MBTI you are, that setup isn't designed to maintain close relationships. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with FeNi. Have you done any reading about Fe versus Te?

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well the fact that you're a type 3 and an sx last would imply that you would have a difficult time maintaining strong intimate relationships with people. It doesn't matter what MBTI you are, that setup isn't designed to maintain close relationships. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with FeNi. Have you done any reading about Fe versus Te?

Ah, I see. Thank you, it sounds about right! I did some reading, but I'm not sure I'm getting this the right way. Also, English is far from my mother language so even though I'm quite good the reading can be difficult at times!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah, I see. Thank you, it sounds about right! I did some reading, but I'm not sure I'm getting this the right way. Also, English is far from my mother language so even though I'm quite good the reading can be difficult at times!

You're fine!

Usually ENFJs are all about future planning though, but I can understand why you would be irritated with that so soon. What other types have you considered and why?

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You're fine!

Usually ENFJs are all about future planning though, but I can understand why you would be irritated with that so soon. What other types have you considered and why?

Actually I always have plans of the future (my mum says I need to get off the clouds and live in the present because my head is a few years ahead!). Hmmm I have considered ENTJ because I don't show much emotion even though I'm warmer than ENTJs. I've considered ENTP because I thought I've got to be using Fe, even if not as a dom or aux. I also though ESTJ but I don't even know why, maybe because ENTJ doesn't sit right with me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My ENFJ bff is extremely personable and had advanced social skills in high school. She is both crudely entertaining and tactful, people love her and when she dislikes anyone she has no hesitation with setting firm boundaries with them (she won't even be friends with my high school ex on Facebook because of the way he posted one time about his ex wife) ...Fe doms in my experience develop people skills early, though they don't necessarily have to be nicey nice (she isn't) they early on have a social leadership quality similar to ESFJs even in high school though may not relate to as many people intellectually or culturally because of having Ni instead of Si...my bestie also knew exactly what she wanted to do with her career in her early twenties and has been doing variations of it ever since. Even in our teens I knew she would grow up to be a business professional, even when others didn't see it.

Intimacy doesn't have a lot to do with that though. In fact when she was younger she was less comfortable with intense intimacy than I was and didn't have a serious bf as young as I did, though she never had a problem dating or attracting men. That could be enneagram instinct though as some one already mentioned.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have trouble approaching others on an intimate level at times, and if it happens, it just happens and I'm not sure how except it starts with an interesting conversation.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, that definitely sounds sx-last to me, more than it sounds like anything MBTI-related.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, that definitely sounds sx-last to me, more than it sounds like anything MBTI-related.

I have trouble approaching others on an intimate level at times, and if it happens, it just happens and I'm not sure how except it starts with an interesting conversation.

My ENFJ bff is extremely personable and had advanced social skills in high school. She is both crudely entertaining and tactful, people love her and when she dislikes anyone she has no hesitation with setting firm boundaries with them (she won't even be friends with my high school ex on Facebook because of the way he posted one time about his ex wife) ...Fe doms in my experience develop people skills early, though they don't necessarily have to be nicey nice (she isn't) they early on have a social leadership quality similar to ESFJs even in high school though may not relate to as many people intellectually or culturally because of having Ni instead of Si...my bestie also knew exactly what she wanted to do with her career in her early twenties and has been doing variations of it ever since. Even in our teens I knew she would grow up to be a business professional, even when others didn't see it.

Intimacy doesn't have a lot to do with that though. In fact when she was younger she was less comfortable with intense intimacy than I was and didn't have a serious bf as young as I did, though she never had a problem dating or attracting men. That could be enneagram instinct though as some one already mentioned.

Thank you all so much. After a thinking and noticing my bahavior I noticed I'm probably an ENTJ, but it was interesting to read nonetheless!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you all so much. After a thinking and noticing my bahavior I noticed I'm probably an ENTJ, but it was interesting to read nonetheless!
That was a quick reversal -- what made you change your mind?

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That was a quick reversal -- what made you change your mind?

I had a fight with my friend. She's a Fe aux or a Fi dom. I just saw how I disregarded her emotions as illogical and I fought with her just for the sake of it, and only later found my way out of it (smoothly yet without apologizing). I have a real problem with emtional people at times. I notice how impersonal I am with people. There is no way I'm a Fe dom.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I had a fight with my friend. She's a Fe aux or a Fi dom. I just saw how I disregarded her emotions as illogical and I fought with her just for the sake of it, and only later found my way out of it (smoothly yet without apologizing). I have a real problem with emtional people at times. I notice how impersonal I am with people. There is no way I'm a Fe dom.

You may be INTJ, if F/T is the question. Your dom preference is extreme.