User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
    I have an INFP brother, but my dad's an ISTJ and my mom's an ESTP. My brother and I can relate on the idealist bent, but that's really where the similarities end. I have more in common with my ESTP mother, to be honest.
    your family-situation is almost similar like me, only i think the difference is that my dad is the ISTP (still not sure if he could be INTP or not), and my mom is ISFJ. my 2nd brother is probably an ISFJ too, now that we're adults now, sadly, i can relate to him less and less, can't help it.
    but my little brother is the same like me, INFP, and this i've found out from telling him to take the online MBTI test.
    i guess no wonder me & my little brother often feel this 'connection' especially on being "Idealist" thing, and value "abstract, unseen" things over material things. and of all people in the family, my little brother is the only person I can relate, and even have a lot of talks (fun & serious ones) to. the other family members are just confusing to me, and hard to make understand each other.
    but indeed, sometimes like you, the similarities kinda end too at some point.

can you tell me where do the similarities "end" , with ur INFP brother ?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post

can you tell me where do the similarities "end" , with ur INFP brother ?
    Umm... it's boils down to our day to day attitude to the world. I view him as a bit self centered & inflexible; he views me as less genuine & too willing to please and conform to others. Not that either of those comments are 100% true, but it's the impressions we make on one another. By nature of Fe, he views me as more extraverted and I've spent my entire life "talking" for him. Contrary to the J/P difference, I've always felt he was way less flexible than I am. We're both very sensitive, but over different things. He has more of an inner world that you can't dare say anything negatively about - like it's very hard to disagree with one of his ideals; I don't really care much about negative comments about my inner world - I care more about negative feelings towards me personally. My brother kind of has the "I don't care what you think about me" attitude. He's very artistic/imaginatve smart & ended up an artist. I always excelled more in the math & sciences - specifically physics. However, my INFP cousin is an engineer (but her weak point is the math - much better with the idea aspect of it).

All of that being said, we really are best friends. It's just that we're not as alike as you'd expect.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

i might as well be
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ISFJ

Only close person I know who did the test was my brother. He's an ENFJ so I know I'm not the only one. Never attempted typing my parents and sisters. Wouldn't know how anyway.

MBTI
    infp

I'm the only in my immediate family. It causes problems sometimes, but not that much.

I have cousins who are INFJ, ENFP (or ENFJ, she's only 10, but she's probably one or the other), and possibly others. I have an INFJ aunt, and another aunt who is probably INFJ. My grandpa is probably INFJ, too, or he's just a wise old ENTJ. I think another one of my cousins who I don't really know is an INFP preist, but I havn't seen him in years cause he lives in Montreal.

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i'm the only F in my family. ISTJ mom (6w5), INTP dad (5w6), ENTP brother (3w4?).

i've learned to repress my Fe so much that i find myself to be more of a thinker than my mom, though.

it's too bad being so sensitive, but i think of being a male NF as a problem in society, not just in my immediate family. plus i'm a 9.
    I agree with what you said about being a male NF in society.

My dad = estj
    My mom = enfp
    My sister = estp?
    My brother = entp?

Problems? oh yeah.
    I'm definitely closest to my brother, I'd say.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Yeah, I'm the only NF. Dad is an NT, mom is an SJ.

Three people.
    Three temperaments.
    One house.

It's like a reality show.

You kids can only imagine the kind of battles than ensue. Why do you THINK I'm looking at shit like this at such an early age?
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Yeah, I'm the only NF. Dad is an NT, mom is an SJ.

Three people.
    Three temperaments.
    One house.

It's like a reality show.

You kids can only imagine the kind of battles than ensue. Why do you THINK I'm looking at shit like this at such an early age?
    I don't know. I hadn't found the MBTI yet when I was 14, but I would have looked into it if I had. But it now occurs to my that I had an intense, dysfuncitonal family, so I don't know why I felt like I was making some kind of counter-point here.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I don't know. I hadn't found the MBTI yet when I was 14, but I would have looked into it if I had. But it now occurs to my that I had an intense, dysfuncitonal family, so I don't know why I felt like I was making some kind of counter-point here.

*Pats Magi's back soothingly*

It is fine.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    infp

Default only nf

Yep - brother esfp, sister esfj, dad, esfj, mum esfj, hubbie istp, son estp, daughter esfj - not an n in sight!
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou