User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

*raises hand*

MBTI
    INFJ

I guess..I grew up in an environment where emotion wasn't expressed, really at all, and neither were opinions. Actual conversations didn't happen much either - mostly just chitchat, and 'How was your day?' stuff. I think this may have caused some issues with my esteem and sense of self, as I didn't really feel that I was in an emotionally 'nurturing' environment growing up, which would probably have done me a lot more good. But, it is what is is, and it's not like it was anyone's fault, really. I just feel that I had to do a helluva lot of 'catch-up' work on my own in my 20's, especially related to interpersonal skills and emotional stuff.
    Aw, I feel the same way . I wish I was closer to my parents but all they ever want to talk about is work, money, and school. I kind of feel like that girl in Mean Girls. I just have so many feelings!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post

They all seem to believe that authority and deferring to it is some rationale. It's kind of stupid when all of your arguments end with, "I own this house and if you don't like it you can move out!" The more you reason the louder they yell that same line. It's like talking to a wall.

I used to get really upset over this but now I just shut up and don't give a crap.
    I am not the only NF, but I certainly felt like it. I am INFJ, and so is my mother, but I somehow felt distant from her until last year.

I have an ENTJ father and what you said above sounds just like him even though he is not SJ. He has threatened my sister and I with kicking us out, but he usually cools down.

My sister is INTJ and I respect her a lot. When my dad threatened to throw her out they argued for hours until she slammed her door in his face :P

When he threatened me, I burst into tears and yelled at how he never understood me and didnt get that our relationship was in trouble. He just got confused and retorted that i was stalling for time. Very typical i think.

My brother is an ESTP and we are twins! Its been a love hate relationship. We used to have a lot of fun as kids, but now he thinks im too serious, and I think he needs to mature a bit.

Since i found out my mother was INFJ, things have been a lot better. Its like im not the only person with feelings in the house. My family quickly learned that for a guy i had a lot of feelings, and now they all support me, so long as theyre in a calm mood

A usual argument ends up with my mother, sister and I against my father and brother. My father's always felt that my brother needs support since my brother has always clashed with my mom (again, INFJ vs ESTP. My poor brother is the black sheep.) Other times it is my mother and sister versus my brother and dad. I am usually the referee and derive great pleasure from solving such personality clashes.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

My sister's an INFP.

I'm an XNTP, my dad is an INTP, and my mom is an INTJ. It was definitely difficult for her in the family. We're way more emotionally reserved than my sister.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I grew up in a house of 3 Ts. ISTJ mom, INTP dad, ENTP brother.

At least two are Ns and I could talk theory with them. But no one "got it". Blah.

My life has been filled with SJs, SPs, and NTs.

Little wonder I have clung for dear life to the first INFP who came my way. We've been close ever after.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

SO far I am! I'm still trying to type my brother and sisters.. but My mom's ISFJ, and my dad's ESTJ as far as my friend I can gather.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ

I have an INFP brother, but my dad's an ISTJ and my mom's an ESTP. My brother and I can relate on the idealist bent, but that's really where the similarities end. I have more in common with my ESTP mother, to be honest.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlight View Post
    My brother is an ESTP and we are twins! Its been a love hate relationship. We used to have a lot of fun as kids, but now he thinks im too serious, and I think he needs to mature a bit.
    That's interesting that your twin is your shadow type (you share the same functions but in the opposite order). My mother & I have the same dynamic and I always found our relationship rather fascinating.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I DEFinitely am.. the lone NF..

My life was spent mostly in an ESTJ/ISTJ household for a majority of my youth periodically, off/on. Then during my teens, it was spent at home, mostly with my nuclear family, which is mostly SP. I'm GLAD. Suits my "P" more. Sometimes, I wish I had a "J" mentor to tell me to get my butt on going.. I procrastinate way too much!!