User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    Anyone here the lone NF in their family?
    Yes, and I won't lie: It can seriously suck.

And, it may not ever get better over time.

My advice? Find your own tribe. Make your own family from like-minded kindred spirits.

I'm not saying to divorce yourself from your biological family; just to decide how much together time with them you can handle, establish some boundaries, and stick to your guns.

PS - as an ENFJ, you might enjoy the following careers:

Possible Career Paths for the ENFJ:

* Facilitator
    * Consultant
    * Psychologist
    * Social Worker / Counselor
    * Teacher
    * Clergy
    * Sales Representative
    * Human Resources
    * Manager
    * Events Coordinator
    * Sales Representative
    * Politicians / Diplomats
    * Writers
    (from: Careers for ENFJ Personality Types)

In a nutshell, think Oprah.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Yes, I'm the only NF.

My mom is an ISTJ, and my dad is an IxTJ (for the life of me I can't decide which one he is). My brother is an INTP. I've never gotten into any fights with my parents, really, although little flareups have happened with my Dad a few times. For quite a while it bothered me that I didn't have any 'connection' with them, but I guess I've come to terms with that and we get along just fine. My brother and I have always understood each other pretty well, though, even though I can't say we have actual conversations that often -- he's WAY more introverted than I.

I guess..I grew up in an environment where emotion wasn't expressed, really at all, and neither were opinions. Actual conversations didn't happen much either - mostly just chitchat, and 'How was your day?' stuff. I think this may have caused some issues with my esteem and sense of self, as I didn't really feel that I was in an emotionally 'nurturing' environment growing up, which would probably have done me a lot more good. But, it is what is is, and it's not like it was anyone's fault, really. I just feel that I had to do a helluva lot of 'catch-up' work on my own in my 20's, especially related to interpersonal skills and emotional stuff.

I often think though that this must be the case with everyone, no matter what your type -- that there's going to inevitably be some element of how you were raised that was lacking from what would be ideal for you. I don't see how it could be otherwise.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

My entire family is made up of ES types. I've always been the odd one.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

my immediate family is pretty diverse:

father; ESFJ 2w3 sp/so
    mother; ISFP 9w8 sp/sx
    brother; ENFP 7w6 sx/so

looks like we're actually rather balanced, since my feeling v. thinking preference is about 55% to 45%, which puts me fairly close to being a Rationalist. ironically, i usually only have trouble with my older brother; he acts more like an unhealthy ESTP. anyway, is living with an ESFJ really that intolerable? i suppose i am just lucky that my father never put great pressure on me to conform to existing social standards. in fact, i see how hard he works to please us, so I want to be a "better" son for him. Perhaps if he were an ESTJ, this would be a completely different story.
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom View Post
    Wow. I can relate to both of you very strongly.

ISTJ father, ESFJ mother, ESFJ sister. And then there is me, the INFJ son. Trust me, it hasn't been very easy. I moved out to live on my own as soon as it was reasonably possible. Life has been easier since.
    Wow man, Dad=ISTJ, Mom=ESFJ, Sister=ESTJ, Me=INFJ.

How weird dude. That's cool though. I definitely have a different thought process compared to everyone else. My dad and sister are very irrational, ill-tempered, and impatient. My mom is very naggy and persistent. And there I am, just sitting around and watching my dad and sister bicker about everything and then my mom chimes in with some extra nagging. Worse case scenario for me is being in a car with all three of them in a traffic jam. <--- no joke.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i'm the only F in my family. ISTJ mom (6w5), INTP dad (5w6), ENTP brother (3w4?).

i've learned to repress my Fe so much that i find myself to be more of a thinker than my mom, though.

it's too bad being so sensitive, but i think of being a male NF as a problem in society, not just in my immediate family. plus i'm a 9.

MBTI
    INFJ

Yeah, I'm a lone NF as well.

ISTJ Dad, ISFJ Mom, and INTJ brother.
    I did have some conflicts with my folks growing up, but it's all okay now and we love eachother and all that. Learning about MBTI helped some, as I was at least able to understand everyone's motives a little better (mine included).

Some free advice- use knowledge about types as a way to improve communication, not as an excuse for the lack of it.

Good luck to you.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    INFJ

my mom is an ESFJ
    my Dad is an ISTJ
    Sister = INTJ
    2nd sister = ESFP
    brother = ESFP
    me = INFJ
    =) it is not that easy but i love them they are my family

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

has anyone noticed the pattern that a ESFJ and ISTJ parent are making INFJ children?

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

Quote Originally Posted by tENnisFJ View Post
    has anyone noticed the pattern that a ESFJ and ISTJ parent are making INFJ children?

INFx, to be exact
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"