• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] Does your Ne ever have a feeling/texture/shape in place of a person or object?

thistlechaser

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've recently begun trying to define the heuristic that I unconsciously use when interrelating and transforming people/objects/concepts with each other and was surprised when a few other people related to my description last month in this thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/the-nf-idyllic/33266-common-enfp-issues-58.html#post2300067

I've been trying to figure out a way to improve NMR spectroscopy (just cause, I dunno) after borrowing a book from my OChem professor, and in following the wiki trail, I've stumbled across Tomography and logic puzzles. In my wiki hopping, I happened across a branch of geometry that is so very very close to the images I see in my head when people talk and I try to make sense of what's "between the lines" of what they're saying. I typically don't see what's being said, in favor of what I can feel and see in the spaces between. Or I guess, in the language of this article: Discrete geometry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia the "discrete sets" between.

Anybody else experience this/interested in figuring out how to more precisely map these intuitions in discrete graphs? I'm going to try to apply myself to this, and other areas of math involving complex systems, but I've only just begun scratching the surface of being able to strengthen my intuition in this area. Here is a fun game I've started playing to help me get a better working memory for emergence and complexity: Nonograms

Alea_iacta_est

I don't possess this (because I'm an Ni dom (or whatever the cause), though I do link colors with people, but that's an entirely different thing), but I am now addicted to the Nonograms puzzles you have in that link.

thistlechaser

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't possess this (because I'm an Ni dom (or whatever the cause), though I do link colors with people, but that's an entirely different thing), but I am now addicted to the Nonograms puzzles you have in that link.

They're really cool! This is similar to the algorithm that is used to render digitized files. The computer gets the number of blocks that are filled in, then it fills them in, then that forms a picture. The more definition in the image, the more rows and columns the computer needs to process to output the more detailed image. I've been thinking of ways to apply this to spectrometric imaging and 3D spectroscopy for medical diagnostic purposes.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
9-blood
8-power
7-leprechon
6-castle
5-spaceship
4-clover
3-frog
2-heart
1-tower

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
The title of this reminded me of the vagina monologues.