• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Call to Action for all INFJs

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Be our guest... I am curious about your enneagram results...

Since SJ's are commonly correlated with type 6's. And since, practically my entire family are SJ's. I can only make the safe assumption that this is the biggest influence associated to my enneagram.

Geonat

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||| 46%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 42%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||| 38%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 26%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 54%

type score type behavior motivation
3 16 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
1 15 I must be perfect and good to survive.
2 15 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
9 13 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
4 11 I must be unique/different to survive.
7 11 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
5 10 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
6 9 I must be secure and safe to survive.
8 6 I must be strong and in control to survive.

Your main type is Type 3
Your variant stacking is so/sx/sp
Your level of health is above average

Well, If I say so, then so be it :) But I'm not convinced.
Perhaps I'm temporarily at a 3 because of major life events.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I gotta say, I love how serious the thread title sounds. CALL TO ACTION.
TO ARMS! TO ARMS!

My contribution to your mental petri dish:

Enneagram Test Results

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 3 Image Focus || 10%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||| 46%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||||||| 82%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 34%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 66%

5 20 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
6 18 I must be secure and safe to survive.
9 16 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
2 15 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
1 14 I must be perfect and good to survive.
4 11 I must be unique/different to survive.
8 11 I must be strong and in control to survive.
7 8 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
3 2 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.

Your main type is Type 5
Your variant stacking is sp/sx/so

Your level of health is above average

^that level of health thing strikes me as odd/likely inaccurate. I'm super neurotic, have PTSD/history of anorexia nervosa/distorted body perception/fearful-avoidant attachment style, but eh, there are only so many (or so few?) dimensions an online test can take into account & attempt to quantify. :shrug:

I'll edit this for the socionics result later, I have some stuff I need to attend to, at the moment.

:drwho:

*edit* I've definitely taken that test before (socionics) - gotten IEI (INFp) a few times, & EII (INFj) a few times.. so it's really anyone's guess.

As for MBTI, I took the test (blind) from my psych professor, knowing nothing about typology, assuming it was simply a career test. The INFJ result has always made the most sense to me. In the distant past, I was mistaken for a male INTP in Ventrilo during realtime [text] interaction. I've taken other tests for the hell of it, & the results were always INFJ, & INTP. Once or twice, INTJ, but the notion of Te being a heavy preference for me is just silly.

Probably somewhere between 1-3 in terms of inferiority complex issues. That's something I've spent most of my adult life working to undo, and I feel like I've come a long way. I'm not terribly assertive, by default, but I'm not a doormat, either. Being supportive to others who have dealt with inferiority issues helped me to sort out some of my own, over time.

Geonat

Your Sociotype: EII-1Ne (INFj)

Brief Description of the EII

Using introverted feeling as her base function and extroverted intuition as her creative, the EII is adept at understanding people's internal drive and motivation. She often acts reserved, respectful, and polite around others she does not know well but will eventually open up more. She implicitly trusts her intuition when judging someone, and this intuition serves her well at grasping more abstract concepts. EIIs need to constantly set new goals for themselves and they care deeply about meeting these goals. However it should be noted that these goals are very personal, and she places less weight on the conventional achievements that society values, so often any correlation is largely coincidental. At her best, the EII is known for respecting other people's beliefs and values while also being an overachiever at school and work; at her worst, the EII's compassion and empathy can cause her undue harm when the people she cares about are suffering. Overall, the EII cares about diligence, meeting one's individuals goals, and respecting others; she distates behavior that is overtly loud, abrasive, or aggressive. Learn more about the EII here!

Other Possible Types

LII (INTj): 75% as likely as EII.
IEI (INFp): 71% as likely as EII.
ILI (INTp): 71% as likely as EII.

Sociotype Characteristics

Small Groups
Quadra: Delta
Club: Humanitarians
Temperament: IJ
Romance Styles:
Primary: Infantile
Secondary: Aggressor

First Tier Dichotomies
Introvert
Intuitive
Ethical
Rational (Judging)

Second Tier Dichotomies
Static
Yielding
Aristocratic
Strategic
Constructivist
Farsighted

Third Tier Dichotomies
Serious
Judicious
Positivist
Process

Fourth Tier Dichotomies
Declaring

I probably ended up in the correct ball park, but I'm sceptical because there is a difference between who I am and how I behave.
There is also a difference on how I behave and how I would like to behave, and what I do and what I would like to do.
I have no idea on how to read the last sociotype characteristics.

Geonat

UPDATE: ADDENDUM 1

I have a "personal" theory as to how INFJ type should be concentrated around enneagram types 1 and 2, and that enneagram 4 could not be related with INFJs...enneagram 5 and 6 is inconclusive at the moment...but I still expect a strong 1 and 2 type in the trityping...

So this is a personal call to all active INFJs regardless of type to take tritype and socionics testing provided below and share the results so that:

1-I can test the veracity of my theory or see the errors of it...
2-More data as to the type can be made available herein...
3-Confusion about what INFJ type is or isn't can be dispersed...
4-Any potential mistypings and possible reasons thereof can be identified...
5-Dissemination of correct information to the public can be ensured...

Same type of threads can be started by other MBTI Types...

Beware that this may turn out to be a confrontation with the self... Thanks in advance for contributions... The tests to be used are as follows:

http://similarminds.com/test.html

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/

ADDENDUM 1:

Inferiority Complex Description (Please rate over a scale of 0-5 over 5 for applicability)

JCF test is not mandatory...

Those who have already contributed may edit their earlier posts to add the inferiority complex response if they like...

Inferiority: Probably 4 or 5.
The interesting thing about all this is that the more I become aware of my "flaws" the more I want to change them.
I would like to recommend others to read about all sixteen types and see which one of them that resonates the most with their "true self".
And after that have a look at the function stack and see if their ordering corresponds well to Beebe's eight roles: Hero, good parent, eternal child, etc. Iterate until done. That worked for me.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||| 26%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||| 34%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 30%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 66%

6 19 I must be secure and safe to survive.
5 17 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
7 16 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
9 16 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
4 14 I must be unique/different to survive.
2 12 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
3 8 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
8 7 I must be strong and in control to survive.
1 6 I must be perfect and good to survive.

Your main type is Type 6
Your variant stacking is sp/sx/so
Your level of health is very low, i.e. very unhealthy
-------

I get similar results in most tests.
I'm unhealthy. Watch your back around me :devil:

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I've been thread-tagged? By yeghor? Really?

*sigh* Okay, momentarily interesting enough in its own very special way, so I'll pop temporarily out of lurk mode to say:

1. I can't possibly be the only one who's noticed that the OP seems in part to be claiming to "test" a personal theory about MBTI-type INFJ and enneagram by asking MBTI INFJs to take an enneagram test and a socionics test?

(I'm reminded of the scene in the movie Orgazmo where the stunt double comes in and there's this short conversation about whether it's relevant that the double looks very different from the actor and the producer/director guy finally shrugs and gives up and lets the scene go on).

2. As for data from me and my perspective:

-I've been professionally tested as MBTI INFJ, and over time confirmed that through various other means as well, including but by no means limited to the keys to cognition cognitive function test and and various free online MBTI tests - plus real life realities of how I actually process information (realities that are at least as relevant as free tests on the internet, if not more so).*

-I'm also very clearly an enneagram 6w5, confirmed through pretty much any online test I take including but not limited to the similarminds one from the OP. But - far more importantly for me, given the nature of the enneagram - confirmed because it actually explains real stuff about my coping mechanisms, damage, "original loss" and the dynamics that enneagram seeks to explore. (IMO online enneagram tests are way less useful as a typing mechanism than being able to honestly and unflinchingly recognize the dynamics in self that the enneagram system seeks to uncover and self-typing that way). My enneagram tritype is most likely 684, though that designation is considerably less certain for me than the MBTI type and core e-type. And I'm semi-sure sure my variants are so/sp/sx in that order and if not that, then sp/so/sx.

-I don't find socionics useful, for myself and my life. There's something about the socionics approach to the functions that hasn't ever been useful for me in terms of its application in my actual life. It's like the underlying assumptions make the system skewed/off-true as any sort of language or conceptual map to assist in understanding my actual lived reality. I do, however, recognize that socionics can be very useful for others and I think it's great for those who find it useful as a conceptual tool to improve understanding and guide action in their actual lives.

In any case, my understanding is that socionics is not identical to MBTI despite surface appearances due to both using Jungian cognitive functions as part of the conceptual language.

-I also see enneagram and MBTI as two different systems explaining two very different aspects of any individual. Roughly, I see MBTI as attending to how individuals process information overall, and enneagram attending to particular aspects of psychological damage, coping/survival mechanisms etc. In my case with my respective types, I don't experience any conflict between my cognitive function configuration as an MBTI INFJ, and my enneagram 6w5. (In fact, being a Se-inf 6w5 is allll sorts of not-fun convergence when I'm stressed out).

*Speaking of my MBTI typing: I find it rather odd that yeghor tagged me in this "call to action" to MBTI INFJs. When I didn't conform to his internal belief system in the past, he told me I must be mistyped, that I was ISTP and said that if I am actually INFJ, he can't possibly be INFJ also because he doesn't relate to me and doesn't like certain things about how I interact ... and so given that, one of us would have to be something else. *sigh*

Which reminds me, this part of the OP really struck me:

So this is a personal call to all active INFJs regardless of type to take tritype and socionics testing provided below and share the results so that:

[snip]

4. Any potential mistypings and possible reasons thereof can be identified...'

Given my own experiences and observations of yeghor's interactions with others around type and his personal theories, I think it's quite likely for this part of the OP to end up as the central focus for yeghor's final conclusions (meaning: I suspect that he will eventually maintain the core of his personal internal theoretical system by concluding that anyone who doesn't conform with what he believes is somehow mistyped). I'm really hoping I'm wrong about that, but drawing attention to that part of the OP just in case I'm not.

3. Oh, and about the addition from [MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] re dominance/asserting self etc:

*Returns to lurk mode.*

Last edited:

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 46%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 50%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 38%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 30%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 46%

6 17 I must be secure and safe to survive.
3 16 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
4 13 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 12 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
1 11 I must be perfect and good to survive.
2 11 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
9 11 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
7 9 I must be fun and entertained to survive.

Your main type is Type 6
Your variant stacking is spsosx
Your level of health is below average, i.e. unhealthy
I've taken literally dozens of Enneagram tests, and this is almost the only time I've ever scored as a 6. 6 isn't my enneagram type; I think I might have scored as one because I'm still recovering from a nervous breakdown. In truth, I'm either a 4 or a 5, with 4 being slightly more likely considering that my Fivishness, although strong, is mostly isolated to my later teens and adulthood, which amounts to less than half the time I've been alive.

I've taken the socionics test numerous times, and my results have always been EIE, ILI, or IEI. A lot of people in this thread are scoring EII, but that isn't one of the socionics types I most relate to (I'm N>F, I'm not attracted to Caregiver types, I value external displays of emotion, I'm unlikely to be in an Ne quadra, and the list goes on). And I'm 100% sure that INFJ is my MBTI type.

This is the only test result I have saved:

Your Sociotype: IEI-1Ni (INFp)
Brief Description of the IEI

Other Possible Types

LII (INTj): 88% as likely as IEI.
EIE (ENFj): 88% as likely as IEI.
EII (INFj): 87% as likely as IEI.

- See more at: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/est/23468#sthash.SZSG4INR.dpuf

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Proclaiming to be an INFJ makes you look like a liar. They're truly so rare, it's hard to believe anyone when they first say it.

Not necessarily. It's already widely accepted that N likes psychological theories more than S. Thus, we get lots of N on the forums, even though it is like 70-30 in favor of S. So isn't it plausible that INFJ is to N as N is to S?

The alternative is to say that people are massively mistyped. I just don't think that a high proportion who are motivated to learn about personality theory are that deluded. People want the truth if they spend that much time looking into it; if they want to lie, they just say, "I guess I'm this", then they move on. They don't generally need to obsess over it. Mistyping is much more likely for those not active on the forums.

If mistyping is that prevalent, then I think the system is called into question. If people are that dishonest, or if the instrument is that clumsy, then how can we arbitrarily theorize that there is just one or two problems (i.e. people want to be INFJs who aren't). Maybe there are tons of flaws.

We can't say quantitatively, and you've just made any qualitative judgment invalid by showing how they are seriously flawed. You can't simply say, "Here's why this is the one qualitative error people make", and then say that you've fixed it with qualitative judgments of your own; if the system is flawed in that way, then your perceptions could be off as easily as the next person's.

See what I mean? We can't just pick and choose. Either people can be trusted to self-select in general, or they can't. Either the test works or it doesn't. We can't say, "It works for everyone except you and you and you, but it works for me and her." That's subject to the Forer effect.

á´…eparted

passages
Not necessarily. It's already widely accepted that N likes psychological theories more than S. Thus, we get lots of N on the forums, even though it is like 70-30 in favor of S. So isn't it plausible that INFJ is to N as N is to S?

The alternative is to say that people are massively mistyped. I just don't think that a high proportion who are motivated to learn about personality theory are that deluded. People want the truth if they spend that much time looking into it; if they want to lie, they just say, "I guess I'm this", then they move on. They don't generally need to obsess over it. Mistyping is much more likely for those not active on the forums.

If mistyping is that prevalent, then I think the system is called into question. If people are that dishonest, or if the instrument is that clumsy, then how can we arbitrarily theorize that there is just one or two problems (i.e. people want to be INFJs who aren't). Maybe there are tons of flaws.

We can't say quantitatively, and you've just made any qualitative judgment invalid by showing how they are seriously flawed. You can't simply say, "Here's why this is the one qualitative error people make", and then say that you've fixed it with qualitative judgments of your own; if the system is flawed in that way, then your perceptions could be off as easily as the next person's.

See what I mean? We can't just pick and choose. Either people can be trusted to self-select in general, or they can't. Either the test works or it doesn't. We can't say, "It works for everyone except you and you and you, but it works for me and her." That's subject to the Forer effect.

Fairly certain he was being sarcastic.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fairly certain he was being sarcastic.

Really? Was he making fun of Yeghor? Or what? I don't get it . . .

Because I've heard a ton of people say before that virtually everyone on the forums is mistyped. Except them. And maybe two people that they know. He seemed serious to me.

wildflower

1. I can't possibly be the only one who's noticed that the OP seems in part to be claiming to "test" a personal theory about MBTI-type INFJ and enneagram by asking MBTI INFJs to take an enneagram test and a socionics test?

i agree this is confusing because many people do claim to be MBTI INFJ when it turns out they may not be. having people take a test that gives results in MBTI form would be helpful. oh, if you can still do so it would be cool to make a poll so we can all easily follow along with the results. anyway, i'll just say i've taken oodles of tests and always come back infj and enneagram 4w5, my stack is sp/sx and i'm either 451 or 459, not sure which. i've never done socionics. i don't feel like taking any tests since it's 1am so i'll just post this:

252443.png
[/url][/IMG]

i may come back later and post the other test results...or not. ;)

okay i did it:

Enneagram Test Results

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||| 38%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||| 38%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||| 38%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 34%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 26%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||| 38%

Your main type is Type 4
Your variant stacking is spsosx (nah, i'm actually sp/sx)
Your level of health is average

Your Sociotype: EII-2Ne (INFj)

Other Possible Types

IEI (INFp): 90% as likely as EII.
EIE (ENFj): 76% as likely as EII.
IEE (ENFp): 76% as likely as EII.

Inferiority Complex Description

3/5
my main issue with confrontation is not wanting to do it poorly and thus fear that i will blast the other person and hurt them. so...i usually hold it in.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Proclaiming to be an INFJ makes you look like a liar. They're truly so rare, it's hard to believe anyone when they first say it.

Agreed.

What's the harm in providing a little info to help a guy investigate his theory? I've been professionally tested, too...twice, but I'm not married to being INFJ and if I can help someone discover something, then good.

So more power to you [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION]have fun.

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Always type 1 but this is a weird result (quad 7s).

The Enneagram is a personality system which divides the entire human personality into nine behavioral tendencies, this is your score on each...

Type 1 Perfectionism ||||||||||||||||||| 87%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 30%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||| 29%
Type 4 Individualism || 10%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||| 30%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 31%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||| 74%

1 22 I must be perfect and good to survive.
5 21 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
9 18 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
6 12 I must be secure and safe to survive.
2 7 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
7 7 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
3 7 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
4 2 I must be unique/different to survive.

Your main type is Type 1
Your variant stacking is omni
Your level of health is very high

(typically so,sx,sp)

Last edited:

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Forgot to copy / paste my test results yesterday. But I got Type 3 this time + the notion "very unhealthy"...with no further explanation why...WTF ?! Maybe I missed it, but that's like calling someone an asshole and then running away. I guess it's because I'm too image conscious for my own good but still.

Type 1 76%
Type 2 76%
Type 3 80%
all other types far below the above percentages.
something along those lines.

I'm no expert at all, but enneagram is losing credit in my book. It gives me different results all the time (1, 2, 6 & now 3), whereas MBTI tests always give me INFJ. I demand clarity ! Could be mistaken but enneagram seems so shallow, like something you'd read in a womans magazine (n/o).

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an INFP, but these looked like interesting tests and I wanted to compare/contrast my scores to those of INFJs.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I'm no expert at all, but enneagram is losing credit in my book. It gives me different results all the time (1, 2, 6 & now 3), whereas MBTI tests always give me INFJ. I demand clarity ! Could be mistaken but enneagram seems so shallow, like something you'd read in a womans magazine (n/o).

"Very unhealthy" sixes disintegrate into enneagram three.

W

WALMART

Really.

Dr-Evil.png

Yeah... really.

This is a baseless premise, one founded on an absurd thread of rationality.

I identified this as a concern long ago, which is why I have chosen to focus my studies primarily on those of Jung.

Take his assertion of intuitive dominants, regarding said intuitions, "They likewise come to the surface in the form of intensive projections, and are just as absurd as those of the sensation-type, only to my mind they lack the other's mystical character; they are chiefly concerned with quasi-actual things, in the nature of sexual, financial, and other hazards, as, for instance, suspicions of approaching illness. This difference appears to be due to a repression of the sensations of actual things."

How can this be reconciled with modern understanding of typology? N-doms impulsively compelled towards sensational experience and sensors geared towards a more philosophical inclination?!

It isn't easy to do, not by the constraints of more mechanistic, abstract rationalizations.

The beat goes on...