• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Call to Action for all INFJs

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Conduct all the polls:

For those who score INFj as an INFJ, on a scale of 1 to 5 (please use as much self-awareness as possible, introspect like hell for accuracy, 5 being extremely accurate), how much do you relate to this?

Inferiority complex surrounding asserting oneself or asserting ones' dominance over others. The individual extremely dislikes overly aggressive people but cannot voice any opinion concerning aggressive people due to fear of being a new target for others' assertive nature. Fears being criticized for lack of self-assertion, as this is perceived as one's main flaw as an individual, aggressive, domineering nature seen as somewhat evil and patronizing (yet also somewhat perceived as admirable with a twinge of envy). Intolerant of conflict, disliking to take place in any conflict due not because it disturbs the peace but because one cannot take a strong stance against another without ultimately losing somehow. Wants badly to self-assert themselves, but any attempts at doing so ultimately fail, always.
I can voice my opinion. I don't like to hurt nice people so I often won't do it unless I feel somewhat pushed. I was more timid when I was younger but I remember when my boss's boss, a tall, large, older preacher with a booming preacher voice, got in my face for doing something that I had a good reason for doing. I yelled right back at him, even though I was 5'2" and under 90lbs and soft-spoken. (Asshat left me alone after that but tore my boss a new one.) He was being a dick and I can't tolerate bullies. Someone might catch me off guard and I might not react immediately, but I can stand up for myself.

I don't generally like to dominate. I was uncomfortable when that was a big part of my parenting responsibilities. I can do it if I have to, but I much prefer collaboration, negotiation, and autonomy. I won't lead if there is someone else who is even marginally competent who is willing to do it.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My tests are always all over the place, but usually concentrate on 5 and 6. So I'm not sure I'm a 9. Anyway I still plan on thoroughly investigating the system and typing myself sometime in the near future since school is almost over.

EII again
IEE (ENFp): 88% as likely as EII.
SEE (ESFp): 62% as likely as EII.
ESI (ISFj): 61% as likely as EII.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 30%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||| 50%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 46%

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Conduct all the polls:

For those who score INFj as an INFJ, on a scale of 1 to 5 (please use as much self-awareness as possible, introspect like hell for accuracy, 5 being extremely accurate), how much do you relate to this?

Inferiority complex surrounding asserting oneself or asserting ones' dominance over others. The individual extremely dislikes overly aggressive people but cannot voice any opinion concerning aggressive people due to fear of being a new target for others' assertive nature. Fears being criticized for lack of self-assertion, as this is perceived as one's main flaw as an individual, aggressive, domineering nature seen as somewhat evil and patronizing (yet also somewhat perceived as admirable with a twinge of envy). Intolerant of conflict, disliking to take place in any conflict due not because it disturbs the peace but because one cannot take a strong stance against another without ultimately losing somehow. Wants badly to self-assert themselves, but any attempts at doing so ultimately fail, always.

I dislike people who are overbearing and dominant in a way which disregards other people's agency and authority over themselves. I have no problem being assertive though. I sometimes won't at first because I fear their reaction, but if something keeps bothering me or bothers me enough I won't hesitate even when I should.

Edit: This does sound 6-ish...

Edit: And what [MENTION=4]cafe[/MENTION] said.

Ingrid in grids

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 4 Individualism |||||| 26%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 50%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||| 38%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 34%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 58%

type score type behavior motivation
1 19 I must be perfect and good to survive.
3 17 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
9 14 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
2 12 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
5 12 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
7 11 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
6 9 I must be secure and safe to survive.
8 8 I must be strong and in control to survive.
4 6 I must be unique/different to survive.

Your main type is Type 1
Your variant stacking is so/sx/sp
Your level of health is above average

I tested INFj on the sociotype test. You can view my results here.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
Enneagram Results:

Type 1 Perfectionism ||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 26%
Type 3 Image Focus |||| 14%
Type 4 Individualism ||||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 5 Intellectualism ||||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 6 Security Focus ||||||||||||| 56%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 38%
Type 8 Aggressiveness ||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 9 Calmness ||||||||||||| 50%

Your main type is Type 4
Your variant stacking is sp/sx/so
Your level of health is above average

I've been typed by others as a 458 tritype but I'm not 100% convinced.

Extended Sociotype Test Results:

Your Sociotype: EII-2Ne (INFj)
LII (INTj): 82% as likely as EII.
IEE (ENFp): 80% as likely as EII.

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Wow, so you actually do listen to some reason. Let this play out

You complained about Yeghor mixing theories without backing up his assertions, you & others challenged him to prove his point of view & it appears that he's attempting to gather data to see where the chips may fall.
So why disrupt this thread unless you're concerned he may gather data supporting his point of view?
I'm hoping he gives it his best shot, I'd like to see where this thread goes & I suspect others wouldn't mind observing & participating in Yeghor's experiment.

Give the guy a chance.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
Conduct all the polls:

0/5.

Actually this question recalled to me the words of the fictional doctor Gregory House. He said something about niceness actually being a source of cowardice, because he was talking about the sort of niceness that is motivated by fear of retaliation. The inability to speak up or stand up for oneself is a flaw that should be overcome, IMO. Also, in the words of a professor of mine, "Fuck keeping the peace. The peace has already been broken."

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm too type-aware for these tests to be accurate, but I'm very certain I'm a 4w5 sp/sx. I think I identify with EII the most but I don't really understand socionics.

My 4-ness is in constant conflict with my Fe, and that seems to be the source of a lot of my troubles, in that I don't know whether ultimately I want to be selfish or selfless. I can identify with E1 more than E2, but I'm way too self-absorbed to really care much about how the world should be. I want to be right to a certain extent, but ultimately I'd rather be dramatically flawed and frail and die a tragic death, but then again my Fe says that is wrong. Well, let's just say it's always a fun tug-of-war...

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Gah... that took longer than I thought. Here goes:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||| 26%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||| 30%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 42%

Test Results

Your Sociotype: EII-0 (INFj)

Brief Description of the EII

Using introverted feeling as her base function and extroverted intuition as her creative, the EII is adept at understanding people's internal drive and motivation. She often acts reserved, respectful, and polite around others she does not know well but will eventually open up more. She implicitly trusts her intuition when judging someone, and this intuition serves her well at grasping more abstract concepts. EIIs need to constantly set new goals for themselves and they care deeply about meeting these goals. However it should be noted that these goals are very personal, and she places less weight on the conventional achievements that society values, so often any correlation is largely coincidental. At her best, the EII is known for respecting other people's beliefs and values while also being an overachiever at school and work; at her worst, the EII's compassion and empathy can cause her undue harm when the people she cares about are suffering. Overall, the EII cares about diligence, meeting one's individuals goals, and respecting others; she distates behavior that is overtly loud, abrasive, or aggressive. Learn more about the EII here!

Other Possible Types

IEI (INFp): 73% as likely as EII.
IEE (ENFp): 67% as likely as EII.
EIE (ENFj): 60% as likely as EII.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Conduct all the polls:

One.

I had a period during my teens when I battled an inferiority complex, along with anorexia, but I won.

Alea_iacta_est

You complained about Yeghor mixing theories without backing up his assertions, you & others challenged him to prove his point of view & it appears that he's attempting to gather data to see where the chips may fall.
So why disrupt this thread unless you're concerned he may gather data supporting his point of view?
I'm hoping he gives it his best shot, I'd like to see where this thread goes & I suspect others wouldn't mind observing & participating in Yeghor's experiment.

Give the guy a chance.

I would if this thread wasn't created right after I poised a response in another thread in which I said that the empirical evidence weighed in favor of INFJs being type 4s (which he/she argued against). I was lauding yeghor in that quote for actually doing something like this. I'm simply here to see the results, I'm the counter-argument to the initial assertion that INFJs can only be Type 1s or Type 2s. (and also hijacking it a little bit for a thought experiment for the INFj crowd)

By the way, my description that people have been rating is Se PoLR of the INFj, one of the main identifiers of the INxj.

yeghor

I would if this thread wasn't created right after I poised a response in another thread in which I said that the empirical evidence weighed in favor of INFJs being type 4s (which he/she argued against). I was lauding yeghor in that quote for actually doing something like this. I'm simply here to see the results, I'm the counter-argument to the initial assertion that INFJs can only be Type 1s or Type 2s. (and also hijacking it a little bit for a thought experiment for the INFj crowd)

By the way, my description that people have been rating is Se PoLR of the INFj, one of the main identifiers of the INxj.

I would appreciate if you didn't interfere any longer... and stand in the sidelines... and just be an observer and let people contribute... Or if you have any additional suggestions to make, please convey them specifically to me in PM so that I, as the OP, can decide whether to implement it in the thread or not...

Thanks for the inferiority complex description, that might also serve as a good indicator...

Alea_iacta_est

I would appreciate if you didn't interfere any longer... and stand in the sidelines... and just be an observer and let people contribute... Or if you have any additional suggestions to make, please convey them specifically to me in PM so that I, as the OP, can decide whether to implement it in the thread or not...

Thanks for the inferiority complex description, that might also serve as a good indicator...

Wasn't planning to interfere after I poised the description, but then I got quoted after it.

I'm gone now.

yeghor

UPDATE: ADDENDUM 1

I have a "personal" theory as to how INFJ type should be concentrated around enneagram types 1 and 2, and that enneagram 4 could not be related with INFJs...enneagram 5 and 6 is inconclusive at the moment...but I still expect a strong 1 and 2 type in the trityping...

So this is a personal call to all active INFJs regardless of type to take tritype and socionics testing provided below and share the results so that:

1-I can test the veracity of my theory or see the errors of it...
2-More data as to the type can be made available herein...
3-Confusion about what INFJ type is or isn't can be dispersed...
4-Any potential mistypings and possible reasons thereof can be identified...
5-Dissemination of correct information to the public can be ensured...

Same type of threads can be started by other MBTI Types...

Beware that this may turn out to be a confrontation with the self... Thanks in advance for contributions... The tests to be used are as follows:

http://similarminds.com/test.html

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/

ADDENDUM 1:

Inferiority Complex Description (Please rate over a scale of 0-5 over 5 for applicability)

JCF test is not mandatory...

Those who have already contributed may edit their earlier posts to add the inferiority complex response if they like...

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Enneagram, which was fascinating. It's been a while since I've tested and the results confirm and explain so much (specifically the strength of my 8 fix). I have to say though, I have no idea how they are determining health! I scored high in 1 and low in 2 which demonstrates integration for a 4...:thinking: yet they deemed me very unhealthy. Haha, I think I'm the healthiest I've been to date (not that I don't slip now and then)!

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 22%
Type 3 Image Focus || 10%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 50%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||| 22%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||| 26%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 9 Calmness |||||| 30%

type score type behavior motivation
4 22 I must be unique/different to survive.
8 15 I must be strong and in control to survive.
1 13 I must be perfect and good to survive.
5 12 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
9 7 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
7 6 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
2 5 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
6 5 I must be secure and safe to survive.
3 2 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.

Your main type is Type 4
Your variant stacking is sp/sx/so
Your level of health is very low, i.e. very unhealthy

Socionics, which I don't understand at all: www.sociotype.com/tests/result/est/70582#sthash.tfsnrLmr.dpuf

Your Sociotype: EII-1Fi (INFj)

Brief Description of the EII

Using introverted feeling as her base function and extroverted intuition as her creative, the EII is adept at understanding people's internal drive and motivation. She often acts reserved, respectful, and polite around others she does not know well but will eventually open up more. She implicitly trusts her intuition when judging someone, and this intuition serves her well at grasping more abstract concepts. EIIs need to constantly set new goals for themselves and they care deeply about meeting these goals. However it should be noted that these goals are very personal, and she places less weight on the conventional achievements that society values, so often any correlation is largely coincidental. At her best, the EII is known for respecting other people's beliefs and values while also being an overachiever at school and work; at her worst, the EII's compassion and empathy can cause her undue harm when the people she cares about are suffering. Overall, the EII cares about diligence, meeting one's individuals goals, and respecting others; she distates behavior that is overtly loud, abrasive, or aggressive. Learn more about the EII here!

Other Possible Types

IEE (ENFp): 86% as likely as EII.
IEI (INFp): 59% as likely as EII.
ESI (ISFj): 59% as likely as EII.

Just for reference and regardless of which MBTI type I actually am (I don't have much faith in MBTI) I think the theory that 1 and 2 comprise the majority of INFJ is false. I believe the majority of INFJ's are 4, 9 and 1.

Inferiority Complex Description 0-1, I've always been a bit volatile, which includes flipping out if I have felt offended or challenged (literally since childhood). As I have grown more consistently healthy, I've toned that down but out of self control and self respect, not out of fear. Fear is death.

Last edited:

Cloudpuppy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

Not true. I am not aggressive by nature, but I am not a coward either. I can speak up for myself. When I was younger, I was more of a coward indeed, but right now this paragraph sounds so wrong. So, I would say 1.

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I'd like to say that this has answered a lot for me. I've remotely related to only two people (IEI/INFJ) on this forum (the only one I'm on)... and as for the 'Inferiority Complex Description' -- I have two, close friends (INFj) who could identify with it. I'd often feel very similar to them when we'd have our chats... but a major thing that I've noticed is that when we'd meet new people and there would be someone who was somewhat 'rowdy'... these gals may not say much (when they'd often otherwise contribute in some way), yet might tell me afterward that they were a bit impressed. They tend to be homebodies who really enjoy talking about people (but not always being around them), which I could also relate to, at times (which is why we're friends, although I cannot be content with this for as long as they can).

I should also note that I am not neurotic... and can have a harder time connecting with those who are, as I'd have to work harder to regulate their emotions (not always, just with some friends/acquaintances during prolonged interactions).

[4w3 5w4 1w2 sx/so]

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Damnit. I'm one letter short from being part of this conversation.