User Tag List

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Default Perspective and mood switching

I think I read a thread like this before, and perhaps even wrote it. If so, I apologize.

I rapidly change my perspective, depending on what the weather is, or if I talk to someone I know, or if I am alone. This happens very regularly. It is predictable that it will happen, but not when and how it will happen. I think I cycle between positive, neutral, and negative outlooks, and these outlooks have to be shaped by a forecast of how the future will be, at least for the next few hours or something. If something the next day is going to be bad, then I can cast a cloud over it sometimes, but most often not.

Within the positive, neutral, and negative outlooks, there are all kinds of variations. I find this to be very not helpful because it makes it hard to know how good your decisions are.

For example, I might be thinking in a very neutral way about what I am working on at the time, and then the telephone will ring and I become intensely annoyed. I won't necessarily realize that I am annoyed, or not sure what to do, or whatever mood has been stimulated by the telephone and who is on it; one time I picked it up to talk to someone and was hardly able to get the words out, as though I was very unsure of myself, even though I was not conscious of this in my mind. The disconnect is sometimes very clear.

Does this make sense to anyone else, or is it more of a 'me' thing?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I believe that we can decide to make an action that is based on either colored feeling or thought we desire to project, or we can fight this instinctual flow by being politically correct and trying to conform with our environment, and be politically correct.

Correctness isn't always correct.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

Enneagram
    N/A

It seems like I am changing perspectives, but I wouldn't call it that. I just tend to keep things vague for some reason. I have a tendency to discredit my thoughts, but I trust the vague feelings I have. I just need a trusted buddy to guide my cloudy feelings into something that is solid, otherwise I keep on thinking about an issue for ever, ruminating on my feelings and I don't come to a productive conclusion.
    You are so arbitrary.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    It seems like I am changing perspectives, but I wouldn't call it that. I just tend to keep things vague for some reason. I have a tendency to discredit my thoughts, but I trust the vague feelings I have. I just need a trusted buddy to guide my cloudy feelings into something that is solid, otherwise I keep on thinking about an issue for ever, ruminating on my feelings and I don't come to a productive conclusion.
    But do the feelings stay constant, or do they and your state of mind change a whole lot depending on a lot of different factors?

A good metaphor would be weather. Is the 'weather' in your mind fairly constant, or does your perception of your problems change rapidly but cyclically, just as if a thunderstorm came up, or the sun came out, or something?

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    I believe that we can decide to make an action that is based on either colored feeling or thought we desire to project, or we can fight this instinctual flow by being politically correct and trying to conform with our environment, and be politically correct.

Correctness isn't always correct.
    Okay, but I don't think I communicated what I was thinking. I mean more like an involuntary thing. It's more like the 'weather in your mind' which provides the backdrop to your thinking and actions. It isn't consciously affecting you, I mean. But it does anyway.