• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Confidence and Guessing What Others Think

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sooo... I often wonder what people think. As people, we only ever truly experience our own experiences first hand, so it's always been fascinating to me when other people explain thought processes that are completely different. MBTI has obviously fueled this fire, and now I have new tools and reasons to wonder what other people are thinking about. I was completely happy with this habit, until I realised that this could be affecting my confidence. I am a classic overthinker, and a sensitive one at that. There are often times where I'll blow something (or nothing at all) out of proportion, and end up feeling uncomfortable about things I've really just imagined. I also think this holds me back in the dating game. Do I believe that 'nice guys never win'? No, I don't, so I don't think being more thoughtful in this way per se hurts my chances. What I do believe however is that confidence is one of the sexiest things to a woman, and getting worried over what someone else may think can be insecure. The fact that I'm NeFi means that I can never 'just know' what someone is thinking about, like an INFJ for example. I just end up going "hmmmm I wonder what they're thinking" a lot, so I'm not sure if this can become a point of confidence for me.

So here's my conundrum -- how can I keep playing out hypothetical scenarios involving someone else's psyche while staying and coming off as confident?

i think mine comes from not reaaly being affected by it either way...like their thoughts are on them...i'm not taking responsibility for it. we're either compatable or not...no ones fault.

that seems to be the case more often then not but sometimes i do care and it bothers me....but what are ya gonna do?? i say just be raw and open about stuffs and work through it...without coming off as insecure too much...or without any sort of emotional manipulation...like fishing for compliments or reassurance. i always find that annoying. i'd so much rather someone just be open about how they feel rather than turn their shit on me.

if any of that makes sense.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you give an early vibe that you're too careful about what you say, that already comes off as not being confident. It more depends on the execution rather than the message being conveyed. It's kind of like having a good joke, but not knowing how to say it properly.

Besides, when you are not being yourself, you might attract someone that isn't right for you. We're living beacons... or magnets... or just simply... people.