First 789101119 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by calb View Post
    calb's Te irritates them

Don't flatter yourself so much, calb.

I've never been offended by Te.

Fi...that's a different story.

Occasionally, not often, it acts like a tiny rock in my shoe on a ten mile hike.

Eventually, it gets dumped out.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Yes please... Your 2 or 3 best shots... Or scenarios that actually heppened to you IRL...
    I was being a bit sarcastic, you know.

It's like trying to pin down what happened in a car accident when both vehicles were towed from the scene, there were no witnesses to what happened, the tow truck driver has emigrated to Timbuktu, there's been a giant rainstorm that's washed away the evidence of the car crash where it happened, one car was mistakenly sent to the wreckers and has already been crushed for scrap metal, one driver is in a coma so you can't interview them and the other is telling you an account through a third party that doesn't add up to the physical details you do have, and you want me to tell you "what happened."

*scratches head* for you yeghor, I will see what I can do.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    It's not logical at all. I agree. However, being logical is highly overrated at times. There's more to being human (or in many cases, less human) than being logical. There's this illogical thing called romance. It's overlooking 6,000 miles of distance and bridging that distance with an unlikely bond. Maybe it's the irony that compels the INFP. Many rationals would rather label it as stupid, but there's nothing more stupid than not trying to understand.
    I think romance is overrated.

I don't think it's stupid, just overrated.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I think romance is overrated.

I don't think it's stupid, just overrated.
    NFs are romantics and idealists though...

Edit:

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Don't flatter yourself so much, calb.

I've never been offended by Te.

Fi...that's a different story.

Occasionally, not often, it acts like a tiny rock in my shoe on a ten mile hike.

Eventually, it gets dumped out.
    That's interesting, what type do you get on socionics? Because there it says PoLR for Fi belongs to the ExTp types. I assumed it would be Te based on the conversion of INFJ to IEI-INFp and then the blind spot or PoLR would have been Te.

Enneagram
    9w8

@calbOkay.

You caught me.

I score as LII 99% of the time and I score as INTJ about 50% of the time on tests, but I still have reason to believe I'm INFJ. One of them is my communication style and the other is that truly my closest friend is a male INTJ and I can see subtle differences in us, even though he says "we are so much alike that it scares me." If we really were, he'd dress better! Ha. That's all there is to it.

Seriously, it may seem strange but I think the biggest difference in us has to do with my occasional need to go "Se", at least for a while. He doesn't seem to have that and doesn't really seem to notice that I do. I think he "wants" us to be alike so he just dismisses the difference. He just grins when I do something "off the wall" (like rappel off the side of a cliff or drive a motorcycle into a fence. I got my sleeve hung on the gas feed.)

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

@calbOkay.

You caught me.

I score as LII 99% of the time and I score as INTJ about 50% of the time on tests, but I still have reason to believe I'm INFJ. One of them is my communication style and the other is that truly my closest friend is a male INTJ and I can see subtle differences in us, even though he says "we are so much alike that it scares me." If we really were, he'd dress better! Ha. That's all there is to it.

Seriously, it may seem strange but I think the biggest difference in us has to do with my occasional need to go "Se", at least for a while. He doesn't seem to have that and doesn't really seem to notice that I do. I think he "wants" us to be alike so he just dismisses the difference. He just grins when I do something "off the wall" (like rappel off the side of a cliff or drive a motorcycle into a fence. I got my sleeve hung on the gas feed.)
    The plot thickens

LII-INTj and the PoLR is Se... ironic though, because INFJ would require inferior Se. This is really eye opening stuff though.

Thanks for sharing @Ene.

Enneagram
    9w8

NFs are romantics and idealists though...

Edit:

Hey, no time to watch right now.

I will watch later when I get home.

But just want to say that I am an idealist/romantic in the since that I want a better world, a more spiritual world, a more forgiving world, but I'm not romantic in the "romantic love" kind of way, if that makes sense.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by calb View Post
    The plot thickens

LII-INTj and the PoLR is Se... ironic though, because INFJ would require inferior Se. This is really eye opening stuff though.

Thanks for sharing @Ene.
    Ha! I have the solution!

I'm just not human. haha....I'm a cyborg.

EDIT:

Hmmm...here's a theory...just a theory, but...who knows? It might hold a grain of validity. It's worth a thought. Maybe there is an explanation for not only why INTJs and Fi dominants have issues but for why INFJs and Fi dominants have issues [and would that take into account my issues with ISFPs? They are so sweet and everybody just loves em, but they driver me bonkers in real life.]

I think that INFPs and INFJs have some very different placement and alignment of functions. An INFJ's strongest function is Ni. INFP's is Fi, and sometimes Fi and Ni just don't gee haul as we say down here in the south. They're like...from two different planets or something. So a dominant Ni whether it's paired with Te or Fe is going to, at times, have trouble communicating and understanding dominant Fi perceptions. It doesn't mean that either is right or wrong, just often hard to wrap our heads around. Fe complicates the issue in that it wants to or seeks to understand because...you know...it's the "right" thing to do, and they are aware that the other person has value and they want so much to be able to see through their eyes but, hey, Fe is auxiliary. Ni is dominant, and there's that Ti, analyzing, analyzing and saying, "This doesn't fit. Where does this piece go anyway? And how on earth did they come up with THAT conclusion?"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

This didn't sound much like Fe-aux...?
    Sounds like Fe-aux to me. The sentiment itself may not be a natural one for Fe, but trying to shape cultures and trying to get people to back off by telling them they don't accept the ob they're trying to plant on them IS.

And even Fe can accept that a culture in which everyone generally takes care of their own emotional well-being is a more relaxed place to be for a person who likes to offer to take care of others' emotional well-being than a culture in which everyone unloads self-care on others.