• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] The way INFJ's should be described imo

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is perhaps the most honest profile for the INFJ I have ever read. It’s a lot easier for me to see myself in this description than those other holier than thou profiles I normally get. It was also easier for me to identify myself by my flaws or short comings than by my strengths because I am very self-critical. Anyway excellent read. I’m interested to see how the other INFJs here feel about this.

http://personalityjunkie.com/07/infj-other-side/

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lol What do you mean?

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I found the article posted to be very helpful and applicable to myself. I had to laugh at the description of stubbornness of the INFJ:

"Ne refutations seem to bounce off undeterred INJs like plastic BB pellets launched against a solid steel wall. To many types, particularly those with Ne, this reads as closed-minded and narrow-visioned. But Extraverted Perceiving is not INFJs’ conscious forte; in fact, it’s the weakest of their four primary functions (Se). And if the firm Ni/Fe convictions of the INFJ are going to be changed or overruled, it’s typically through a sensory encounter a la their inferior Se."

I found the bolded part above to be true for myself...food for thought. I am also working on how I deal with disillusionment which can be a real kick in the gut (but I find my Ti helps deal with that).

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I found the article posted to be very helpful and applicable to myself. I had to laugh at the description of stubbornness of the INFJ:

"Ne refutations seem to bounce off undeterred INJs like plastic BB pellets launched against a solid steel wall. To many types, particularly those with Ne, this reads as closed-minded and narrow-visioned. But Extraverted Perceiving is not INFJs’ conscious forte; in fact, it’s the weakest of their four primary functions (Se). And if the firm Ni/Fe convictions of the INFJ are going to be changed or overruled, it’s typically through a sensory encounter a la their inferior Se."

I found the bolded part above to be true for myself...food for thought. I am also working on how I deal with disillusionment which can be a real kick in the gut (but I find my Ti helps deal with that).

Yeah I agree...it's really hard for me to let go once I start trying to bring something I envisioned to fruition. It almost never works out exactly the way I want. Instead of learning from that I tend to hold on even harder the next time for fear of failing again. lol Gotta stop doing that :doh:

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=17164]iNtrovert[/MENTION]: I find that my disillusionment comes from having very idealized expectations of other people or organizations I believed in, but they acted to the contrary. This is the hardest for me because I feel betrayed at my core and start to question my perceptions of these people or groups. I start this loop of introspection and despair until I focus on my Ti to kick me out of that space. But then being the eternal optimist (e9) also helps me deal with disillusionment because I can genuinely see the good in other people and I am always surprised by the kindness I see in other people.

It can be a real rollercoaster at times...