User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

INFJ, 8-9 is optimal, sometimes 10 if I haven't had enough sleep in a while. I can get by with 6-7, but I start to feel awful if I get only 6 hours for a couple nights in a row.

About 8 hrs,
    When no need for social interaction I can stay up for 30 hours, while intense mingling for 30 minutes (no matter how pleasant) makes me just want to go home and sleep for 30 hours :-) I envy and admire those who can - wouldn't it be nice to be able to change personality for a day or two, just for some variation :-)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

INFJ - 8-9, I can feel very similarly with 7 hours of sleep... and although I may be very, very tired... I could still function with little to no sleep - although I've rarely had to pull all-nighters (especially without an adrenaline rush - so I can't say for certain). 3 hours... I'm someone who will attempt to get her stuff done - very chill. 5 hours... the same, except I'd at times feel as though I did have enough sleep. I try to make sure I'd get at least 7 on average, though.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    478 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI None

INFJ. I could sleep for 4, 8, or 12 hours - doesn't make a difference. I'm at the point where it doesn't matter how long I sleep, I'll still wake up tired. My sleeping schedule is all screwed up though. I can stay up for days or sleep for days or last on 3 or 4 hours of sleep a day to get by.
    infj 4w5 sx/so.

Quote Originally Posted by libby View Post
    INFJ. I could sleep for 4, 8, or 12 hours - doesn't make a difference. I'm at the point where it doesn't matter how long I sleep, I'll still wake up tired. My sleeping schedule is all screwed up though. I can stay up for days or sleep for days or last on 3 or 4 hours of sleep a day to get by.
    Hi there!
    I can totally relate to what you are writing - it happens to me every eighth year or so.

You don't have to solve all that by yourself. See if you can find a friend or two to have around - then you need to get dressed, you need to keep appointments, you can eat together and they will help keep track on your sleeping schedule.

If you have a car, park it somewhere where you have to move it early in the morning to avoid a fine :-)

If you study or go to work, try to schedule important meetings that will get you started in the mornings.

And make plenty of room for sleeping hours - even if you don't actually sleep, your body rests. You can try to lie still in bed and "unthink" parts of your body - start with you toes for example and work you way through the body - after a few minutes it will feel as if you're floating freely in space - very relaxing. Breathe in and out, and consciously try to relax your body a little more after each breathing-out.

I don't know if you wanted help, but I wanted to share some things that has worked for me personally, just in case

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

INFP - 12, but I can do ok with 9

8.5-9 is my ideal. Can't really function with less than 7.

IxFP
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

7-8 hours optimal, 6 hours i can get by for many many days, 4-5 hours i can do like 2-5 days and one day i can function somehow with like 3 hours. How i function also depends on what time i get the sleep.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

6-8 hours, I can't sleep any longer than that anyway. However it is more to do with when I get to sleep and whether I wake up in the night than how long I sleep. Getting to sleep earlier - say 10pm - is much better than at midnight, and having a shorter but deep sleep is much more refreshing than a longer, shallower sleep where i wake up multiple times. So it's more complicated than how many hours i get.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    N/A sp
    Socionics
    N/A

I need at least 9 hours for me, seriously, I need so much sleep. Often where I am now I get awoken by about 8 or 7
    INFJ
    9w1 sp "The Dreamer"
    New here with little knowledge of what any of this means
    New opportunities
    New ways of thinking

Introverted 100%
    Intuition 73%
    Feeling 87%
    Judging 56%