User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What d'you lot do..?

I . . . uh . . . manage projects I like the whip-cracking part of it most
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Junior Member Array OiEarthGirl's Avatar

Please do not get offended by my question - but are you young? I tend to find that our functions balance out more as we mature. What you need is a kick in the rear end to learn, and then that will prompt you to do some introspection and try to work on your weaknesses. At least that is what happened to me.

Now, I do not know how things are where you live, but even here in Germany, where things are really strict and really difficult due to bureaucracy (GAHHHHHHHHHH!), you can change your career or your job if you really do not like it, at least initially. If worse comes to worse and you really do not like your job (or if you decide you want to get additional qualifications for the hell of it like me) you can always take continuing education courses. In the States, my aunt changed her career, like, 5 times (she's an INFP). In Australia, my other aunt changed her career 3-4 times (I think she was ENTP, not sure though). And I have changed my career path three times, even in my short life (I'm 28 years old and got a PoliSci major, started teaching English, had a blip where I was a foreign language assistant - basically nothing more than a glorified secretary, although I thought I would be translating contracts and documents and interpreting meetings with travel and the like - before going back to teaching, which I LOVE; and now I am getting a three-year degree in translation just because I'm bored - well, I am not really BORED - I enjoy teaching: I mean I want to improve/develop/etc.). So DON'T WORRY!!!!!!!!! Pick something, and if it isn't your cup of tea, THEN you can change. But don't quit before you start. Okay?

At 18 I'd say I'm probably one of the youngest folk here. ^^
    But I think park of the problem is the ol' manic depression. I don't even know if its really possible to type people with bipolar or not :/ And I have to say, last time I took the test I was on a bit of a high note which is most probably why the percentaroonies were so damn high.
    Its nice to read you always struggled with that pesky wandering mind too though! And I have to say, for all the trouble it causes, I like getting easily enthusiastic about new projects. Helps me learn about loads of new things and that can't be a bad thing.

I . . . uh . . . manage projects I like the whip-cracking part of it most
    Hahaha!! Oh I like you.
    E 82%, N 91%, F 100%, P 100%. Bipolar.
    (Please note- despite what you might be thinking from these results, I'm the least easy to offend person in the world! Have no fear!)

The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles.
    -Jack Kerouac

Let's see.

High school -- worked at a children's thrift clothing shop, worked at a family pizza place, worked in a barn and worked at a local cable tv station

Immediately graduating high school -- went off to basic training for the AF. My job was a merge of several jobs (fit me quite well) did that for five years while volunteering in orphanages in several different countries that I traveled too.

After separating -- worked for a chiropractor doing small bookkeeping

After that -- work for a general contractor from doing accounting and HR.

Present time, still working for the GC firm and working on a documentary.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

wholly charmed Array Spartacuss's Avatar

Baby eating and Baby seal clubbing
    For the next 2 years or so.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

I'm studying the varying aspects of Illustration at the moment. It's what I want to do for the rest of my life for the most part. Hmm, I'm afraid I don't have your problem, OiEarthGirl. But I understand how exciting changing your focus can be, the matter is probably finding something that can sustain that excitement and consistently provide new facets. I don't think it would have to be a job or a career, it could just as easily be a hobby.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost