• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Detecting Laughter and Anger Sensitivities?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I sometimes laugh because I kind of "get" the joke before everyone else. Like even before the joke is even finished. It's as if I knew what the punch line was going to be. Not just a few, but a lot. And I get it out of nowhere. Ni?

Is that because we can detect danger which somehow laughter is connected to that?

Here's something I read

"How Jokes Work"

"The basis of most jokes is that, at the punch line, something disastrous or painful happens to someone. In effect, the unexpected 'frightens' our brain, and we laugh with sounds similar to a chimp warning others of imminent danger. Even though we consciously know that the joke is not a real event, our laugh releases endorphins for self-anaesthesis as if the joke was a real event. If it was a real event, we may go into crying mode and the body would also release its endorphins. Crying is often an extension of laughing bout and is why, in a serious emotional crisis, such as hearing about a death, a person who cannot mentally accept the death, may begin laughing. When reality hits, the laughter turns to crying."

That was a book from the Definitive Book of Reading Body Language by Allan and Barbara Pease.

Just some theory I was thinking of.

I also laugh hard on aggressions joke or not that are pointed towards me (danger is approaching towards me?). (If not a joke, I laugh it off until someone stops or starts to hit me (which I may laugh) or it hurts too much for me.

I often don't know why, maybe it's to be tough and embarrass the other? Or it's just not true and that's why it seems hilarious to me?

Thoughts?

The title should be corrected to danger.

Last edited:

á´…eparted

passages
I don't understand what you're saying. How and why do you think anger and laughter are connected? I have never heard of that sort of link be suggested before.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't understand what you're saying. How and why do you think anger and laughter are connected? I have never heard of that sort of link be suggested before.

I edited it, any way to edit the title?