User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Disembodiment issues: Not feeling your body and feeling like you don't exist. Do you have a high sensitivity (like me) when you get hurt, the physical (and mental) pain hurts a lot? It makes you know that you have a body haha, but once the pain goes away do you retreat back into nonexistence?

How about for food? You can scarf and eat it all down and not feel any fullness? Especially if you indulge in your Ni for quite a bit? I can still feel full eventually, is that because my Si is a little bit higher? Do INFJ's feel like they relate a lot to Si in terms of remembering to help better yourself in the future? I try to, but then it won't come to me when it comes at the moment. How about Se, are you in any way sporty (individual-wise) or muscular (naturally, not to say you're a body builder, I also believe Carl Jung is an INTJ (not 100% sure) but he was quite built himself but for sure Ni-Se is common for INJ's)

Feeling acute sensitivies: Do you sometimes feel that every person you meet with (especially at work) doesn't have a good feeling about you? And even if you don't care about what that other person feels, it bugs you that you could've maybe left a better impression or for that person to a greater understanding about you?

The Mild Judging Part of You: Many INFJ's (at least I would think so) have low judging and can act like perceivers often (procrastinating, leaving options open, etc.) and then once in a while you have a quick decision made, does that throw other people off from you? You can sometimes be really relaxed and try to be comfortable, then at other parts you're like really in the need to dress to impress?

Dealing with Stress: I often listen to music a lot (more of electronica like trance and electro-pop) and that gets with the intense side of me? I am not too big of a fan of classics, although some a good to listen to once in a while. As I grow older, I have a harder time forgiving than I was young, but it's not terribly bad and I am pickier on food, wanting higher quality on things, also my concentration has greatly increased. I always tend to scan the room, but do nothing with the possibilities out there. Do you feel like you blank out when there's too much to do, if something is of impending importance, does your teeth start to gnash and get hard on yourself for not completing what you're supposed to be doing? Classic literature is becoming a greater importance to me as I grow older too.

[Sorry if any of these may have been covered under the topic Common INFJ problems, I don't have all the time in the world to read through them. ]

The first two tend to bug me more, than the others. Love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Excuse me if the grammar isn't good.
    disembodiment issues- this is why we have big imaginations because we take ourselves out of our reality. However, this will never lead to growth. I did drugs for 5 years straight and had a few addictions for this and i never grew an an individual mentally and spiritually. Stay sober minded, realize you have identity issues and need to hear who you really are from others that honestly care about u. You are not only a person but one that has the ability to influence many in special ways. You are sensitive but try to use your (S) in these situations and try not to judge right away. Observe the situation, seek counsel before acting out in any way. We can make stupid decisions if we let our feelings control everything.

feeling acute sensitivities - mbti teaches us that we care about what others think of us. If you have been hearing some negative news about your rep recently then u will be super paranoid. If you hear good things about your rep then you might on the other extreme and think u are Gods gift to the world, which u are but stay humble. The trick is to stay humble with yourself and how you view others. No one is perfect and neither are you so feel good that you understand the world better than most. It is frustrating but that is why you are an INFJ. Most of what you hear in your head needs to be confirmed. Remember the identity issue stems from these negative thoughts you are having. There is a reason behind most thought processes.

Mild judging- i don know about you but most INFJs judge and judge harshly. Yes we are open with others but we also have high expectations and when they are not met (most of thetime) then we judge. Our J usually domiantes the P. I would listen to your P friends if you have any and take their advice. We are open but we limit that with high expectations. Lose the expectations and watch super growth.

dealing with stress- ok this is where my religious side really comes in handy. I read my bible like a maniac now and only listen to instrumental music or Christian music with lyrics I know wont make me think in a way that goes against what i believe. I would consider myself a devout Christian that has many bumps and scars but it has made me who I am today and WE ARE ALL A PROCESS. Remember that you will never achieve perfection (in this life) andwhen you try to be perfect is when the stress comes in. Music, a nature walk,hanging out with people you really value, getting some needed tasks done that u usually procrastinate with, etc will make u feel better. Reading books has done wonders for me recently and I have realized I can be an avid reader if i have interest. Stress is usually associated with your inability to recharge. If you can find some alone and recharge then you should function properly in the world around u. Too much solitude and you become a depressed hermit so keep a balance. Go to Panera or Starbucks to do homework...balance. Pick up a bible if you are ever interested and read the book of Ephesians in a modern translation (epic identity realization)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Disembodiment issues: Not feeling your body and feeling like you don't exist. Do you have a high sensitivity (like me) when you get hurt, the physical (and mental) pain hurts a lot? It makes you know that you have a body haha, but once the pain goes away do you retreat back into nonexistence?

How about for food? You can scarf and eat it all down and not feel any fullness? Especially if you indulge in your Ni for quite a bit? I can still feel full eventually, is that because my Si is a little bit higher? Do INFJ's feel like they relate a lot to Si in terms of remembering to help better yourself in the future? I try to, but then it won't come to me when it comes at the moment. How about Se, are you in any way sporty (individual-wise) or muscular (naturally, not to say you're a body builder, I also believe Carl Jung is an INTJ (not 100% sure) but he was quite built himself but for sure Ni-Se is common for INJ's)

Feeling acute sensitivies: Do you sometimes feel that every person you meet with (especially at work) doesn't have a good feeling about you? And even if you don't care about what that other person feels, it bugs you that you could've maybe left a better impression or for that person to a greater understanding about you?

The Mild Judging Part of You: Many INFJ's (at least I would think so) have low judging and can act like perceivers often (procrastinating, leaving options open, etc.) and then once in a while you have a quick decision made, does that throw other people off from you? You can sometimes be really relaxed and try to be comfortable, then at other parts you're like really in the need to dress to impress?

Dealing with Stress: I often listen to music a lot (more of electronica like trance and electro-pop) and that gets with the intense side of me? I am not too big of a fan of classics, although some a good to listen to once in a while. As I grow older, I have a harder time forgiving than I was young, but it's not terribly bad and I am pickier on food, wanting higher quality on things, also my concentration has greatly increased. I always tend to scan the room, but do nothing with the possibilities out there. Do you feel like you blank out when there's too much to do, if something is of impending importance, does your teeth start to gnash and get hard on yourself for not completing what you're supposed to be doing? Classic literature is becoming a greater importance to me as I grow older too.

[Sorry if any of these may have been covered under the topic Common INFJ problems, I don't have all the time in the world to read through them. ]

The first two tend to bug me more, than the others. Love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Excuse me if the grammar isn't good.
    I get the disembodiment thing. It's weird sometimes. I don't have a huge sensitivity to noise, etc. It's more mental pain. I have a fairly high physical pain tolerance, but mental pain is almost debilitating sometimes. I remember I heard some bad news about someone I care about at work once, and I had an extremely hard time finishing my work day. Even standing was an ordeal, and I went straight to bed after I got home. I *am* sensitive to things like sounds/light when I'm very tired, however.

I tend to eat fairly regularly. I usually know when I'm full but sometimes I don't feel like eating, especially breakfast, even when I know I'm hungry.

I do believe in bettering myself, but I hate exercising so I don't as often as I should.

I feel like people at work either like me or hate me. And yes, I care way too much about people who shouldn't matter and what they think.

I'm not really sure how to answer the judging question... not entirely sure what you're asking. But it throws me off sometimes when I have to make a quick decision even though I like to have things settled, ultimately.

As for dealing with stress, I usually listen to music (acoustic-y, soft, usually), or write.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkid View Post
    I have experienced full detachment sometimes when I was a kid, but I didn't like it, it was too strong like I couldn't control my body for a few seconds. I was also very VERY easily distracted when I was a kid

INFJ can sometimes think they're INFP because they're perceiving most of the time. But then comes those times where you wanna accomplish something so bad that you become a control freak for a short time...and then you're back to perceiving right? well at least it's like that for me

I also experience compulsiveness when extraverted sensing is denied for too long, I also think a million things and it take sometime to realize I'm being compulsive...Do you realate to any of this?
    Sorry, for the long wait.

I was and still can be, especially in stress, I'll want to keep observing my surroundings.

I agree, the perceiving of us intuitives can makes us super clumsy as well. I am not really too much of a control freak, I just want things to stop when I am stressed and relax, it's more of just "running away" or fight/flight mode.

When stressed, I feel like everyone is against me and I want contact from nobody because I feel too overwhelmed. I just want to absorb things (aka eat or buy useless cool looking things) and I get irritable and moody and sometimes blurt out complaints very quickly. I think too much and absorb into a single detail if that thing isn't fixed.

Looking at your MBTI now, I think it's your inferior Te that gets you to want control badly.

Again, sorry for the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by NJJC View Post
    disembodiment issues- this is why we have big imaginations because we take ourselves out of our reality. However, this will never lead to growth. I did drugs for 5 years straight and had a few addictions for this and i never grew an an individual mentally and spiritually. Stay sober minded, realize you have identity issues and need to hear who you really are from others that honestly care about u. You are not only a person but one that has the ability to influence many in special ways. You are sensitive but try to use your (S) in these situations and try not to judge right away. Observe the situation, seek counsel before acting out in any way. We can make stupid decisions if we let our feelings control everything.

feeling acute sensitivities - mbti teaches us that we care about what others think of us. If you have been hearing some negative news about your rep recently then u will be super paranoid. If you hear good things about your rep then you might on the other extreme and think u are Gods gift to the world, which u are but stay humble. The trick is to stay humble with yourself and how you view others. No one is perfect and neither are you so feel good that you understand the world better than most. It is frustrating but that is why you are an INFJ. Most of what you hear in your head needs to be confirmed. Remember the identity issue stems from these negative thoughts you are having. There is a reason behind most thought processes.

Mild judging- i don know about you but most INFJs judge and judge harshly. Yes we are open with others but we also have high expectations and when they are not met (most of thetime) then we judge. Our J usually domiantes the P. I would listen to your P friends if you have any and take their advice. We are open but we limit that with high expectations. Lose the expectations and watch super growth.

dealing with stress- ok this is where my religious side really comes in handy. I read my bible like a maniac now and only listen to instrumental music or Christian music with lyrics I know wont make me think in a way that goes against what i believe. I would consider myself a devout Christian that has many bumps and scars but it has made me who I am today and WE ARE ALL A PROCESS. Remember that you will never achieve perfection (in this life) andwhen you try to be perfect is when the stress comes in. Music, a nature walk,hanging out with people you really value, getting some needed tasks done that u usually procrastinate with, etc will make u feel better. Reading books has done wonders for me recently and I have realized I can be an avid reader if i have interest. Stress is usually associated with your inability to recharge. If you can find some alone and recharge then you should function properly in the world around u. Too much solitude and you become a depressed hermit so keep a balance. Go to Panera or Starbucks to do homework...balance. Pick up a bible if you are ever interested and read the book of Ephesians in a modern translation (epic identity realization)
    Yes, our sensor side is so important, I agree thanks. How else could our visions be manifested?

This was especially true for me when I heard bad news, I didn't like that when I began to be open with others, they would just take me as a wishful thinker and everybody would think I have wrong motives and very insincere, it's not easy to live that life when you feel the world is out there to control you and bite you.

It's not that I "judge" people harshly, in fact we are internally perceptive people. It's that when people don't allow me to do what I believe is right, I get very frustrated with others. I feel like it's because they don't understand me and their other functions have their ways of doing things.

I know perfection isn't attainable here. I usually feel better once I get my day to day things I procrastinate finally done and away with. I do believe religion is very important to use in our lives.

I wasn't really wanting advice, but I did thank you for the things you told me. I just kind of wanted to see if others are feeling the way I am.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnandtherain View Post
    I get the disembodiment thing. It's weird sometimes. I don't have a huge sensitivity to noise, etc. It's more mental pain. I have a fairly high physical pain tolerance, but mental pain is almost debilitating sometimes. I remember I heard some bad news about someone I care about at work once, and I had an extremely hard time finishing my work day. Even standing was an ordeal, and I went straight to bed after I got home. I *am* sensitive to things like sounds/light when I'm very tired, however.

I tend to eat fairly regularly. I usually know when I'm full but sometimes I don't feel like eating, especially breakfast, even when I know I'm hungry.

I do believe in bettering myself, but I hate exercising so I don't as often as I should.

I feel like people at work either like me or hate me. And yes, I care way too much about people who shouldn't matter and what they think.

I'm not really sure how to answer the judging question... not entirely sure what you're asking. But it throws me off sometimes when I have to make a quick decision even though I like to have things settled, ultimately.

As for dealing with stress, I usually listen to music (acoustic-y, soft, usually), or write.
    I am highly acute to mental and sensory pain. It's horrible when everything can just hurt you so easily.

Breakfast is sooo easy to skip.

Yeah, it's fun once you're "in the zone" though, right?

True for me except when I don't really know them at work.

I just sometimes feel that we have to be on our best at all times (kind of like a paranoia issue) and if we are on our perceiving side, people find us so chillax and we are then so used by others. I think that because when we are in the moment to start making decisions they may think we're trying to get to a motive that may not be sincere, since it sometimes may seem out of character. I don't know if I made any more sense with that.

I think that's a good way for us to let go of stress.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

This thread reminds me of HSP (Highly sensitive person) and inhibited temperament characteristics :p

Disembodiment issues: what I experienced is pretty scary X). I recently had a phrase of depersonnalization and derealization (not sure if this disorder is more present in intuitive types): my senses were blurred and felt unreal (I felt alienated from myself), I almost lost my sense of taste. In a normal state, I would say that I have problems with detecting hunger and I have poor sense of direction sometimes (maybe related to Se). I also cannot stand loud sounds (e.g. Concerts, nightclubs are the worst because I cannot breathe properly in crowded places, darkness and too many stimuli)

Feeling acute sensitivities: not sure about this one, probably caused by level of self-consciouness

The Mind judging you: might also due to high self-consciousness and high perfectionism

Dealing with stress: listening to music and sleeping, stress and anxiety come when I overthink

And also don't worry about your grammar, I think it's perfect
    “A faint clap of thunder; Clouded skies; Perhaps rain comes – if so, will you stay here with me?”

Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

'Know thyself'

Quote Originally Posted by infiniterandomness11 View Post
    This thread reminds me of HSP (Highly sensitive person) and inhibited temperament characteristics :p

Disembodiment issues: what I experienced is pretty scary X). I recently had a phrase of depersonnalization and derealization (not sure if this disorder is more present in intuitive types): my senses were blurred and felt unreal (I felt alienated from myself), I almost lost my sense of taste. In a normal state, I would say that I have problems with detecting hunger and I have poor sense of direction sometimes (maybe related to Se). I also cannot stand loud sounds (e.g. Concerts, nightclubs are the worst because I cannot breathe properly in crowded places, darkness and too many stimuli)

Feeling acute sensitivities: not sure about this one, probably caused by level of self-consciouness

The Mind judging you: might also due to high self-consciousness and high perfectionism

Dealing with stress: listening to music and sleeping, stress and anxiety come when I overthink

And also don't worry about your grammar, I think it's perfect
    Sorry for not getting back to you, I had no notification you posted! :O

I'm sorry, I only go to concerts where that gives the most stimuli ever haha. I feel drained very quickly, but it's appealing sometimes to give yourself a challenge to see how other types or people interact at those places.

Yeah, so far I don't find too many people who are highly reactive to touch, some people just put it as a barrier for themselves.

Probably.

That's nice to see we can relate

Alright haha, my writing style is great, I just can't get all the rules of grammar somehow when it comes to essays and stuff haha.