• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do ENFPs always have one person they are obsessed with?

badger055

Permabanned
Just something I noticed. They always have one person they idolize. You are not allowed to say anything bad about them or they will hate you. In their eyes that person can do no wrong and we should all worship the ground they walk on and hold them as the standard for all of humanity. How right am I?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not right. Do all ISTPs generalize way too much?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think so. :thinking: I think this Tumblr quote sums it up nicely:

killbenedictcumberbatch said:
contrary to popular belief, youre not actually a better fan of something if you blatantly refuse to give any form of critical thought towards it

So maybe from your POV it seems like the ENFP is blindly defending whatever person they admire, but to the ENFP they feel that they've given that person serious consideration. I'm sure there are some unhealthy ENFPs that would do this though (or any defensive person in general, regardless of type - bias is bias). I think most would be willing to admit certain faults though. It's just that those faults probably aren't totally overwhelming to the point where our feelings of admiration towards the person in question changes.

Like even though Liam probably still is my favorite member of 1D, he's resting at #5 right now for totally fucking up on Twitter. It may have been accidental maybe but he didn't even apologize about what hurting his fan's feelings without meaning to due to misinterpretation and ambiguity. Normally I'd say in a situation like that you shouldn't have to apologize, but then he got pissed off about how the media and fans were overreacting and started ranting about how he shouldn't have to care about what he says. And it's like well if you don't want to care then don't get pissed about the consequences of what you say.

Or it's like this quote:

David Wong said:
“But remember, there are two ways to dehumanize someone: by dismissing them, and by idolizing them.”

And before anyone brings up Kelly Clarkson, I'd actually be pretty disappointed if you expected me to talk about her so much while not giving her some critical thought. ;) Like her views of feminism are so oversimplified and stereotype-based that I don't think she really even understands what being a feminist means. I know she means well and is definitely in support of equal rights but god damn Kelly! And I get some people aren't as concerned about how well a voice is as me and criticize her for some characteristics like too simple of lyrics. But I'm willing to accept her flaws because her music and what she does in the world means a lot to me personally.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ITT: denial

If you're going to shut down every person's opinion so far that says otherwise without any good reasons as to why you disagree, then you obviously just made this thread for the point of complaining about ENFPs and/or trolling other members. So it's not really a question, just something you wanted people to affirm. :unsure: So I think I'm gonna report this.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Apart from the fucking loathesome Circle-Jerk of a travesty* that is the ENFP-INTJ thread on this site, I haven't noticed at any stage, any ENFP person i have known exhibiting this type of behaviour.

*Yeah, i said it. Thinly veiled mutual masturbation, irrational hatred and bullying of any kind of outer view and panty-pudding induced SPLOOOSHINGS about OMIGAWD INTJ AWESOMENESS CAN ONLY BE DIVINED BY MY ENFP MYSTIQUE. fuck off.

badger055

Permabanned
If you're going to shut down every person's opinion so far that says otherwise without any good reasons as to why you disagree, then you obviously just made this thread for the point of complaining about ENFPs and/or trolling other members. So it's not really a question, just something you wanted people to affirm. :unsure: So I think I'm gonna report this.

If there's one pattern I've noticed from you on this forum, it's that you generalize way too much.

Or are you the one in denial?

Never mind then I didn't know you guys took everything so seriously. Call the cops and arrest me guys.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm pretty sure i've never been obsessed with anyone.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love being obsessed with someone. It's an awesome rush and game. You just have to know when to get off the roller coaster. And pedestalling is highly counterproductive, I've found :coffee:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love being obsessed with someone. It's an awesome rush and game. You just have to know when to get off the roller coaster. And pedestalling is highly counterproductive, I've found :coffee:

am i missing something? is he just talking about that sx way of being obsessed? like being obsessed with everything ?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
am i missing something? is he just talking about that sx way of being obsessed? like being obsessed with everything ?

I would suspect so. That and the ENFP gushy way of being appreciative of others - ya know, the stuff that's considered over the top by society. And sure, I can see ENFPs being, especially at a younger age, perhaps a bit naive and a bit quick in gushing about someone they really admire. Add to that our tendency to really focus on people and study them as they intrigue us...I would imagine that looks utterly bizarre to an ISTP. Hell, they look alien and completely crazy in what they focus on to me as well, at times :shrug:

Fascinatingly so, even *breaks out notebook* :D

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nope. interest and obsession are completely different. i'm very aware that every human is essentially fallible. i am, by nature, interested in people though.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
right...okay because i get completely fascinated by stuffs and people...idk...

i think i'm bored of this now. i don't think i care.

enfps are different than istps and it doesn't mean we're obsessed when we act differently towards people than you would.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. That's not what ENFPs do.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just something I noticed. They always have one person they idolize. You are not allowed to say anything bad about them or they will hate you. In their eyes that person can do no wrong and we should all worship the ground they walk on and hold them as the standard for all of humanity. How right am I?

I don't think I really do this, personally. I have a few "heroes" like the Dalai Lama and my immunologist who I hold in high regard, but they're fallible people just like everyone else. They just exemplify values I find important. Sometimes I will be intrigued by a certain person for a while but it's just as likely a person as it is a place, an idea, a plan, or a feeling. I can get annoyed if people shoot down something important to me without acknowledging why I find it personally important, but that's really more about interpersonal respect than it is about the subject at hand.