User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned

Default Do ENFPs always have one person they are obsessed with?

Just something I noticed. They always have one person they idolize. You are not allowed to say anything bad about them or they will hate you. In their eyes that person can do no wrong and we should all worship the ground they walk on and hold them as the standard for all of humanity. How right am I?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Not right. Do all ISTPs generalize way too much?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I don't think so. I think this Tumblr quote sums it up nicely:

Quote Originally Posted by killbenedictcumberbatch
    contrary to popular belief, youre not actually a better fan of something if you blatantly refuse to give any form of critical thought towards it
    So maybe from your POV it seems like the ENFP is blindly defending whatever person they admire, but to the ENFP they feel that they've given that person serious consideration. I'm sure there are some unhealthy ENFPs that would do this though (or any defensive person in general, regardless of type - bias is bias). I think most would be willing to admit certain faults though. It's just that those faults probably aren't totally overwhelming to the point where our feelings of admiration towards the person in question changes.

Like even though Liam probably still is my favorite member of 1D, he's resting at #5 right now for totally fucking up on Twitter. It may have been accidental maybe but he didn't even apologize about what hurting his fan's feelings without meaning to due to misinterpretation and ambiguity. Normally I'd say in a situation like that you shouldn't have to apologize, but then he got pissed off about how the media and fans were overreacting and started ranting about how he shouldn't have to care about what he says. And it's like well if you don't want to care then don't get pissed about the consequences of what you say.

Or it's like this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by David Wong
    “But remember, there are two ways to dehumanize someone: by dismissing them, and by idolizing them.”
    And before anyone brings up Kelly Clarkson, I'd actually be pretty disappointed if you expected me to talk about her so much while not giving her some critical thought. Like her views of feminism are so oversimplified and stereotype-based that I don't think she really even understands what being a feminist means. I know she means well and is definitely in support of equal rights but god damn Kelly! And I get some people aren't as concerned about how well a voice is as me and criticize her for some characteristics like too simple of lyrics. But I'm willing to accept her flaws because her music and what she does in the world means a lot to me personally.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

ndovjtjcaqidthi

You noticed wrong.

Permabanned

ITT: denial

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    If there's one pattern I've noticed from you on this forum, it's that you generalize way too much.

Or are you the one in denial?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

If you're going to shut down every person's opinion so far that says otherwise without any good reasons as to why you disagree, then you obviously just made this thread for the point of complaining about ENFPs and/or trolling other members. So it's not really a question, just something you wanted people to affirm. So I think I'm gonna report this.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Apart from the fucking loathesome Circle-Jerk of a travesty* that is the ENFP-INTJ thread on this site, I haven't noticed at any stage, any ENFP person i have known exhibiting this type of behaviour.

*Yeah, i said it. Thinly veiled mutual masturbation, irrational hatred and bullying of any kind of outer view and panty-pudding induced SPLOOOSHINGS about OMIGAWD INTJ AWESOMENESS CAN ONLY BE DIVINED BY MY ENFP MYSTIQUE. fuck off.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    If you're going to shut down every person's opinion so far that says otherwise without any good reasons as to why you disagree, then you obviously just made this thread for the point of complaining about ENFPs and/or trolling other members. So it's not really a question, just something you wanted people to affirm. So I think I'm gonna report this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    If there's one pattern I've noticed from you on this forum, it's that you generalize way too much.

Or are you the one in denial?

Never mind then I didn't know you guys took everything so seriously. Call the cops and arrest me guys.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Never mind then I didn't know you guys took everything so seriously. Call the cops and arrest me guys.
    Typology police are on the way, I can confirm.