User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Maybe because they misbehave more, so they have to.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    it lives! My old thread lives...!

...but why?
    But why not?
    We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull; some have weird names and all are different colours, but they all have to live in the same box.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    An old thread ... brought back to life!

My first reaction to the post title:

I'm sorry, do we apologize too much?

My heavens, I saw the thread title and thought this exact same thought, and see I actually posted it in here last year too. So predictable.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    My heavens, I saw the thread title and thought this exact same thought, and see I actually posted it in here last year too. So predictable.
    I'm really embarrassed with the times I have posted in a reborn necro thread just to realize I posted the exact same content in it two years prior. *doh*
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I apologize a lot because I'm always saying things that I feel I need to apologize for. They always make sense when I say them, and then I feel stupid and mean for saying them as soon as someone pushes back. Because then I see it from their perspective, and resent myself for what I said.

There are also times when I don't apologize even though I know I should... sometimes someone picks on the wrong point, and then I can be too hurt to apologize, and then proceed to just tear them down. Perhaps not being hateful, but definitely attacking all their assumptions and values in a way that can't make them feel very good. Sometimes after this happens, I just try to distance myself from the person... because I'm too embarrassed that I'm not able to be civil with them due to how they make me feel.

This must be frustrating for you NTs... it probably seems that I often apologize when it's not necessary, and often don't when it is.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I apologize constantly to people that I like. It's because I want to them to like me, too.

It's also probably to make up for the fact that I would otherwise terrify them away with my mock-ESTJ belligerence.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I was raised by an a remarkably argumentative father, which I suppose pounded the "apologize for everything" gene out of me. I usually only apologize unless I've truly done something wrong, and then, I don't apologize for the opinion that sparked the wrong behavior. I hate fake apologies, and can smell them a mile away...I especially hate when someone apologizes for their own opinion or for having a disagreement in the first place. I can absolutely disagree with someone strongly, and still feel OK with the relationship (as long as no one was inappropriate or abusive in any way). But then, in my home growing up, apology was a sign of weakness, so I've kind of learned to apologize more, not less.

I do tend to over explain myself, though, sometimes in a self-abasing way that irritates even me. I need to learn to trust the other person to ask clarifying questions if they need to, and take responsibility for their half of the relationship, without constantly trying to work out how I might be possibly misunderstood in the moment. I'm working on that.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I always attributed my over abundant apologies to my anxiety issues. It never really hit me that it could be type related. I've definitely been known to drive people crazy with the constant i'm sorrys. However, i have a flip side that is rather in your face blunt and doesn't feel the need to apologize every few minutes... i haven't seen her lately.. i miss her.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by FakePlasticAlice View Post
    I always attributed my over abundant apologies to my anxiety issues. It never really hit me that it could be type related. I've definitely been known to drive people crazy with the constant i'm sorrys. However, i have a flip side that is rather in your face blunt and doesn't feel the need to apologize every few minutes... i haven't seen her lately.. i miss her.
    I'm sorry.. but that also might be because you're Canadian eh? Sorry, not that that is a bad thing.
    I didn't mean to interrupt, I apologize .

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I'm sorry.. but that also might be because you're Canadian eh? Sorry, not that that is a bad thing.
    I didn't mean to interrupt, I apologize .
    I'm sorry, i didn't mean to dirty this thread with my Candian-ness. Anxious NF Canadian...eep! My apologies to all...even my fellow Canadian above!
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain