User Tag List

Default What Does My Ex Want?

My INFJ ex-boyfriend has been in more contact with me recently and asking to hang out (which we rarely do). He is seeing someone, but he insists to me that it is a casual relationship. He has occasionally told me somewhat negative things about her. He also seems to be bragging a bit more to me about his accomplishments, etc.

He also has been very nosey about my last relationship....asking really detailed and personal questions. He has made fun of every guy I dated since him in some fashion. He made a really awkward comment on social media of mine that I should marry a guy when this guy and I were just making friendly conversation back and forth. Needless to say, it ended the conversation.

These may not be enough details to evaluate, but any thoughts on what he wants? He is very indirect, especially with emotions (i.e. he plays things safe), so I don't think I'd believe anything he told me, if I directly asked him.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Avoid him lol.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Sounds like he wants to screw you life up or at least your romantic relationships up. Maybe you moving on bothers him.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Sounds like he wants to screw you life up or at least your romantic relationships up. Maybe you moving on bothers him.
    To be fair, he told me after the last relationship that I was being too picky and that he didn't support the breakup. But this was after the fact, and then he made fun of the guy (on more than one occasion). So, I'm not sure how to reconcile those two.

WhoCares

He wants to move on but doesn't realise it yet. Passive aggressive attempts to push your buttons.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCane11 View Post
    To be fair, he told me after the last relationship that I was being too picky and that he didn't support the breakup. But this was after the fact, and then he made fun of the guy (on more than one occasion). So, I'm not sure how to reconcile those two.
    It is none of his business. None. It doesn't matter what he thinks and unless he is running his dates by you for approval, he shouldn't think he has any right to voice an unsolicited opinion.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

What Does My Ex Want?
    Just sex, probably.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@CandyCane11 I agree with @cafe here, and would strongly suggest you avoid your ex AT ALL COSTS.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Regardless of his type, he seems rather immature and spiteful with his comments. Are you sure you want to reconnect with him?

More importantly, what do you want?

And I think Rasofy (above) may be onto something, lol.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell