User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Default Jimmi Carter... GAWD DAMNIT !!

I BELIEVE JIMMI CARTER DESERVES HIS OWN THREAD HERE

I really believe he was INFP ...LIKE BIG FUCKING TIME !

I dont understand how he can be anything else.

please explain why you think he was whatever else. he is said to be

or post a link to some text explaining it.

if I have put this thread in a place is doesnt belong , tell me and Ill delete it.

tiny.
    INFP...5w4...I got a DOUBLE WHAMMY !

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

you mean ISFx President Jimmy Carter?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Miz Chicknz, is that you?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Obvious INFP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Obvious INFP.
    Sounds more J to me:

Quote Originally Posted by NYTimes
    He [Brinkley] is excellent, however, at bringing to life the elusive personality, sweet yet angular, of Jimmy Carter himself. He quotes a perceptive assessment by David Brinkley (no relation), that ''despite his intelligence, he had a vindictive streak, a mean streak, that surfaced frequently and antagonized people.'' Much of ''The Unfinished Presidency'' is a commentary on the two sides of Carter's personality: his Christian values and his fierce, competitive egotism. This dualism pervades his private life. Carter refuses to see visitors who arrive even as little as one minute late, and made his wife miserable by criticizing her if she was late in getting ready to go out. Then, one year, he forgot to buy her a birthday present. So he sat down and wrote her a note, promising not to make a fuss when she was late. ''He kept to his word,'' she joked, ''but he does tap his foot impatiently on occasion.''
    Being super concerned about scheduling sounds more J to me (although that's only one datapoint). I also don't see most INFPs as being super-competitive, over all.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Sounds more J to me:

Being super concerned about scheduling sounds more J to me (although that's only one datapoint). I also don't see most INFPs as being super-competitive, over all.
    Obvious INFJ.

RDF

Hard to imagine Carter as INFP. I remember him as wonkish and intellectual, kind of chilly and unsympathetic. He had a graduate degree in nuclear physics and served on nuclear subs in the Navy. When campaigning for the presidency he came across as ultra-religious and rigid, so he tried to soften his image by doing an interview with Playboy magazine and admitting that he too had sinned: "I have lusted after other women in my heart."

He considered himself smarter than other people and tended to push aside the experts and micro-manage things himself. The end result was that he screwed up many things during his presidency, from the economy (stagflation) to the Iran hostage crisis (a failed rescue attempt). His presidency was largely viewed as a failure, and he left office with dismal public opinion ratings after losing his re-election attempt to Ronald Reagan.

Even as an ex-President, across the years he has periodically criticized his successors and meddled in their affairs with his commentary on how he would have done things differently. He doesn't seem like a very nice guy overall--kind of full of himself.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Wait a minute. So we're talking about Jimmy Carter? I thought this was about Jimmi Carter (see OP and thread title). Therefore I would like to change my type call to ISFJ.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by FLD View Post
    Hard to imagine Carter as INFP. I remember him as wonkish and intellectual, kind of chilly and unsympathetic. He had a graduate degree in nuclear physics and served on nuclear subs in the Navy. When campaigning for the presidency he came across as ultra-religious and rigid, so he tried to soften his image by doing an interview with Playboy magazine and admitting that he too had sinned: "I have lusted after other women in my heart."

He considered himself smarter than other people
    and tended to push aside the experts and micro-manage things himself. The end result was that he screwed up many things during his presidency, from the economy (stagflation) to the Iran hostage crisis (a failed rescue attempt). His presidency was largely viewed as a failure, and he left office with dismal public opinion ratings after losing his re-election attempt to Ronald Reagan.

Even as an ex-President, across the years he has periodically criticized his successors and meddled in their affairs with his commentary on how he would have done things differently. He doesn't seem like a very nice guy overall--kind of full of himself.
    This actually makes a better case for him being INFP than any nicey-nice crap. Some of this could be inferior Te, but INFPs are usually still somewhat collaborative, even in Te meltdowns (in fact, collaboration can prompt Ne for us, get us out of that state, ease up on the perfectionism that can make us temporary control freaks).

He is always made out to sound like an e9, which is probably why people assume INFP (9w1s get mistyped as IxFP a lot).
    e9 is still possible, if his micro-managing was passive-aggressive. Still seems a Fi type - seeing desires not acted on as sin.

ISTJ e9w1?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

A lot of Fundamentalist and Evangelical Christians consider lust a sin, even if it is not acted upon outside the mind. My husband does and he is an INTP. So it might not be type related.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers