User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Well - now I feel rather inadequate here, seeing how detailed most of the other responses are. Maybe I'm still too naive...?
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Likes obzen210 liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I like stocky guys with brown hair as a rule. I have a thing for nerds and bad jokes.

Traditional gender roles aren't evil in and of themselves, but I don't like being held to them.

My taste in guys' physical appearance varied quite a bit when I was in my teens and early twenties. As far as personality, that varied, too. Then I dated a guy for eight months and learned some preferences. I don't like controlling guys or guys that are threatened by my intelligence (don't laugh) or opinions. I like emotionally stability and a sense of humor.

I wear figure-flattering clothing. I save the tight jeans and low-cut tops for date night with my husband. Generally, though, I make an effort to dress in such away as to not draw attention to my body. I believe it is inconsiderate to do so. However, that is a conviction I apply to myself. I am completely against any kind of slut-shaming. I was raised in a conservative religious environment so I really did not attempt to find a man. When I was interested in someone, I generally tried to be around them and talk to them.

I didn't metaphorically cast my nets out to see what I brought in. I never actively looked for a guy. If I thought I might like someone, I tried to get to know them better.

I think I've now been with my husband for longer than I was single, so I don't have much of an idea about a lot of this stuff anymore. I'm better at being in a relationship than getting into one.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AngelLight2012 View Post
    Well - now I feel rather inadequate here, seeing how detailed most of the other responses are. Maybe I'm still too naive...?
    It's a matter of practice. The girls have spent years answering the same question reworded in dozens of different ways.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ Yes. I looked up a previous post of mine to just copy + paste a huge chunk. But some of the questions were more original, hence my bothering to answer the topic again.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

So this is an intriguing topic, though I do wonder if the original poster is looking for an NF girlfriend and asked these questions under the guise of "research."

As an INFJ, I find I really have no physical characteristics that are more favorable than others. I am all about the mind, the intellect, the quality of the person and their convictions. I want someone with passion for ideas and debate, someone I can learn from and teach them as well. Someone who doesn't want to keep up with the Jones' because they are too unique and confident in themselves to be bothered with such materialistic matters. Their political beliefs and convictions are far more important than any physical characteristics, or income bracket. I have never had a physical "type" and my past relationships would demonstrate that, though I do seem attracted to INTPs and ENTPs because of their ideas, humor and energy (in very different ways).

I don't follow traditional gender roles, but I do believe each person in a relationship should contribute in some way to the running of the household, (domestic equality).

I do wear figure-flattering clothes and show some cleavage (gasp!) when going out, if appropriate. I actually like to show off my figure but in a classy, sensual way and not overtly sexual. In other circumstances, I am going to dress more casual and not call attention to myself.

Every serious relationship I ever had started with a conversation that showed humor, intelligence and uniqueness...say something insightful, thought provoking, or even strange and I am hooked! I want to get beyond the chit chat and small talk and really talk about DEEEEEP things, which isn't always easy in a loud bar or quiet, used bookstore.

Generally, I focus all of my energies on one person though there have been times where multiple people have been interested, but I found the experience far too taxing or confusing. I find the process is too superficial if I am not focused on just one person,
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

What do you look for in a man, both physically and in personality? - physically - I love long hair and/or full beards. (long hair is must have, but I can get over a shaved face) , original style and a confidant behavior.
    personality- creativity, originality, independent opinions, good intellect, artistic hobby, or at least he could be a fan of art and good music, decisiveness, empathy, understanding, good social skills, good sense of humor an ability to be a leader (though I always fall for dominant types it usually brings many troubles, beacouse I am pretty dominant either and it brings many conflicts, but I like when the relationship is passionate)

How do you feel about traditional gender roles? Very negatively

What did you look for in boys-physically and in personality-when you were in high school/college? - I am at college...And I noticed a huge issue. I always fall for the biggest attention whoring extrovert..they just know what to say when they flirt

[B]Do you ever wear revealing clothing? What is your primary method for finding a man?
    Yeah sure I've worn...it's not my most favorite type of clothing, but I like to wear it. Well usually I meet them when I am somewhere out with my friends

[B]When choosing a guy, do you focus your energy on one guy at a time or do you test the waters and choose the best one?
    I usually test the waters and see what I can find...I like to keep my doors open, but once I decide to be in a relationship I am faithful.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    You don't have to feel that way, I appreciate your response as much as all the rest

Thank you to everyone who responded in this thread!
    Likes ~MS*ANGEL~ liked this post

What do you look for in a man, both physically and in personality?

A balance between a good humour and the ability to be serious, adventurous, someone i click with (I'm not the greatest conversationalist because I can't always articulate my thoughts into spoken sentences fast enough so a lot of the time i'm like 'yeah' and 'you know what I mean' (the guy I currently like (should I say the very innapropraite guy I should be staying away from) is like this. We can talk and most of it will just be us looking at eachother and knowing. I guess my conversations are more shared feelings and emotions than exchanges of words? Not to say I'm not capable of that, it's just how open, funny, witty etc I am seems related to how I connect with them. Physically I'm not to fussy, I often fall for a guy because of his personality (a bad personality makes a hot guy ugly but a good personality can turn a 6/10 into an 8/10). The only physical trait I need is he must be at least the same height, preferably taller than me.

How do you feel about traditional gender roles?

Completely disregard them. Are you talking about courtship (guy approaching girl) or relationships (as in women being mothers and homemakers and men going out to work)? For the first point, it doesn't bother me. I will approach a guy, I will flirt but I might be more reserved about asking him out (more out of worry of rejection than not thinking women should ask men out). For the second point...ugh. I hate that outlook. There is nothing wrong with women WANTING to stay at home and raise their kids but by no means is that what they SHOULD be doing.

What did you look for in boys-physically and in personality-when you were in high school/college?

Well I am in high school so see the first question

Do you ever wear revealing clothing? What is your primary method for finding a man?

I prefer figure fitting as opposed to revealing (we have a formal dress code for our sixth form which is like businesswear so instead of a miniskirt abd tight top, I might go for a tight but knee length skirt and a looser blouse, maybe unbuttoned low enough to hint but not reveal).

When choosing a guy, do you focus your energy on one guy at a time or do you test the waters and choose the best one?

I usually focus on one at a time (I might appreciate other guys but I'll only have feelings for one at a time)

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by obzen210 View Post
    What do you look for in a man, both physically and in personality?
    How do you feel about traditional gender roles?
    What did you look for in boys-physically and in personality-when you were in high school/college?
    Do you ever wear revealing clothing? What is your primary method for finding a man?
    When choosing a guy, do you focus your energy on one guy at a time or do you test the waters and choose the best one?
    I don't look myself. I figure when The One sees me he will know, and it is his job to make it obvious. I can take it from there though, like if he is shy.

I don't care about gender roles but I am into exchange of power (right now) and I like to play psychological games, push the limits, and stuff like that.

I wear what I feel like wearing and hope that it isn't too slutty. If it is, I try to tone it down. I have a certain look I am comfortable in and which fits me, so I stick to basically my same outfits; and I like having a few pairs of shoes to wear for everything. I like to keep it simple.

I like intelligent and funny men. Usually they are younger than me, the ones I'm attracted to. But The One will be The One, whomever they are.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

I don't like being approached.
    Likes ESFJ, yama liked this post