User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Ferris Bueller is an ENTP. He has a carefree, no worries attitude, while coming up with clever plans at a moment's notice. Also wanting to soak up the limelight and take risks is more in line with ExxP type behavior. According to Ferris, Cameron's problem is that he's too uptight about everything. He needs a nice P like Ferris to get him to snap out of it.
    I can see why you would think that and, to be honest, I don't think it's incredibly clear-cut as I think about it. And I haven't seen the movie for a few years. Nonetheless, I still maintain he's an ENFJ. Yes, he does have the ability to think on his feet pretty well, but he also shows evidence of having planned well ahead for contingencies. The dummy in the bed with the snoring soundtrack, for instance. The licked palms. The list of things to do to "fake out the parents". List! He had his synthesizer programmed with all sorts of sick noises to use for his phone call. Hacking the school's database to reduce his listed absent days to cover his tracks. There seems to be a lot of Ni in his ability to handle both situations which may arise and situations which do. The "care-free, no worries attitude" to me comes from his absolute confidence that he's equal to any challenge, not from his being a P. I'll admit that his risk-taking is somewhat inconsistent with the NJs I know, but I choose to view that as evidence of his maturity. He sees the risks in perspective as being very minor for the rewards.

As for the F, I think that's a bit more clear. As I mentioned, the main point of his day off is to get Cameron to loosen up. It's almost all for Cameron. So much so that when Cameron tells him he hasn't done anything fun Ferris is shattered, and instead of telling Cameron to fuck off like I think most ENTPs would, he goes even further to show him a good time. He's clearly extremely concerned about what's going to happen to Cameron if he doesn't change.

So maybe it isn't an absolutely clearcut case. I'm sure I could put forward a plausible case for him being an ENTP as well. But, on the whole, I think ENFJ is his best fit. He's charismatic (see the concern of the whole school over his illness) which ENFJs often are. He cares about his friends and wants to see them improve. He has remarkable foresight and planning. And the sheer volume of events he squeezes into his day off says J to me.

Hmm, I may have to watch it again.

heart on fire

Bueller is ENFP.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    So maybe it isn't an absolutely clearcut case. I'm sure I could put forward a plausible case for him being an ENTP as well. But, on the whole, I think ENFJ is his best fit. He's charismatic (see the concern of the whole school over his illness) which ENFJs often are. He cares about his friends and wants to see them improve. He has remarkable foresight and planning. And the sheer volume of events he squeezes into his day off says J to me.

Hmm, I may have to watch it again.
    I agree..ENFJ.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Bueller is ENFP.
    I could see that too. He has rampant Ne throughout the movie. I'd mostly slant him toward a T since he uses technology to further some of his schemes, like hacking the school computer or using a synthesizer to fake sick noises. Both ENxP types fit the fast thinking, overconfident, pleasure-seeking attitude that Ferris Bueler clearly displays.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Ferris Bueller is an ENTP. He has a carefree, no worries attitude, while coming up with clever plans at a moment's notice. Also wanting to soak up the limelight and take risks is more in line with ExxP type behavior. According to Ferris, Cameron's problem is that he's too uptight about everything. He needs a nice P like Ferris to get him to snap out of it.
    Ferris is not a T. No prayer.
    I think ENFJ might be right on. He accomplishes a whole lot for a slacker, making me think J, and he has that charisma that makes me think ENFJ. ENFJ's are so charming.

What about Lorelai Gilmore? I know some people will say ENFP, but she runs that inn like a J. I think the ENF is pretty clear.
    E-1% N-50% F-75% P-67%

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I think y'all's taking Bueller's type a little too seriously. In my opinion fictional characters only have a defined type about half the time, and when they do it's obvious*. Bueller, in my view, is a construction of about every positive characteristic they could think of.

*For an example, watch The Zero Effect. Pullman's character is more INTP than any real or fictional person I've ever seen.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I think y'all's taking Bueller's type a little too seriously. In my opinion fictional characters only have a defined type about half the time, and when they do it's obvious*. Bueller, in my view, is a construction of about every positive characteristic they could think of.
    [/SIZE]
    I don't really agree. You can probably tell from my username that I love Bueller, and I think it's pretty clear that Bueller is an ENFX. His banter with Cameron makes the N pretty clear, his monologue about marrying Sloane seems F to me, and he's quite clearly an E.
    I also don't think anybody's taking anything too seriously. We're typing Bueller for kicks.
    I do agree about the fictional characters though, especially on TV series, where I think different writers often infuse different personality types into the same character from episode to episode.
    E-1% N-50% F-75% P-67%

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ferrisbueller View Post
    I don't really agree....I think it's pretty clear that Bueller is an ENFX.
    Case closed. Now I'll finish reading your post.

Looks like I'm forced to get serious about Bueller! *sleeves* To clarify my previous statement slightly: Bueller is everything at once. Contemplative and patient in solo pursuits, as evidenced by his bedroom, yet as skilled as anyone with people (I+E maxed out), As logical as a computer and as caring as Mother Theresa (T+F), Industrious and completely laid back (In effect a P with every positive J trait added on). The only thing I'd call him is N, because he doesn't seem too concerned with sensual exploits. So he's XNXX and would be put in charge of the entire world if he existed.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Well then there you go....

EPC=ENFJ

Thanks for doing the math.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Case closed. Now I'll finish reading your post.

Looks like I'm forced to get serious about Bueller! *sleeves* To clarify my previous statement slightly: Bueller is everything at once. Contemplative and patient in solo pursuits, as evidenced by his bedroom, yet as skilled as anyone with people (I+E maxed out), As logical as a computer and as caring as Mother Theresa (T+F), Industrious and completely laid back (In effect a P with every positive J trait added on). The only thing I'd call him is N, because he doesn't seem too concerned with sensual exploits.
    I don't think Ferris is all positive characteristics. He's overcondifent, manipulative, a huge attention whore, and has absolutely no respect for rules or authority. Even these negative characteristics describe both ENxP types quite accurately. I only think it's T and F that is hard to decide because he uses both quite a bit. I personally lean toward ENTP, but I could see ENFP too.

So he's XNXX and would be put in charge of the entire world if he existed.
    Well your post is a pretty good description of Barack Obama too.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com