User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

Faye Valentine seemed ESTP to me. Like a stereotypical grifter/conman (conwoman) type.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I don't see Hamlet as an ENFJ at all (too introverted). I don't see Carrie Bradshaw either; I agree with the poster who said that none of the women on that show are intuitive. Miranda possibly, but she's on the fence.

What about Rachel Weisz's character in The Fountain? Or Summer from 500 Days of Summer? Someone mentioned Natalie Portman's character in Garden State, who I distinctly remember as not liking, but I definitely *do* relate to the Manic Pixie Dream Girl thing, minus the need to be all unique/individual. (We're special enough already! :P )

Or Ellie in Up? I know she's not really in the film for very long, but we do get a good dose of her personality.

I would just say Hamlet is too complicated to tell if he's I or E. Plus, like I said, half of the play he's feigning insanity. Scenes like this he's definitely extroverted though, and not feigning insanity (he liked the players/Heston's group.. he only screwed with people he thought were up to something)..

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkhuL1lsWKc&feature=related].[/youtube]

In most soliquoys, he's brooding and pissed off, and solitary, but he is never contemplating himself. It's Denmark, the world, his friends, family... almost everyone but him. Even when he contemplates death, he's holding some other dude's skull in his hands. There's some kind of Fe going on there. I guess it could still be INFJ though.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Hmm. True enough. I guess it would also depend on how the actor played Hamlet as well, as there could be several different interpretations. Ethan Hawkes' Hamlet seemed particularly I to me.

I've only seen bits and parts of that one.. I probably should make a note of watching it

The Branaugh version is one of the few unabridged ones.. He did play him a bit energetic compared to others though.

I have a new one: Ned Flanders from the Simpsons
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I have a new one: Ned Flanders from the Simpsons
    Hmmm... good one. I can see ESFJ too.

MBTI
    INFJ

This seems a lot tougher than I thought.

How about Uncle Iroh from Avatar: Last Airbender?

I'm not totally convinced but he does seem like a 'teacher'. I've also seen him typed as an E/ISFJ though.
    Stupid as a man, say the women: cowardly as a woman, say the men. Stupidity in a woman is unwomanly.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Dogs never bite me. Just humans.
    Marilyn Monroe

The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood.
    Buddha

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I have a good idea (I think) of INFPs and INFJs and even ENFPs when it comes to spotting them in films and literature.

However, I seem to suck at it when it comes to ENFJs.

So... start listing some and why!
    Oprah is one. Ross-for-Boss Perot. John Cusack. Ben Stiller. Obama. Matthew McConaughey. Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

These people are ENFJs in real life. Some of em play themselves and are "personalities", and some are actors or comedians or are known for their ability to bring out the best in others (Ross is a great example of this). I personally think that the ENFJ comes through in all of the ones I listed, because they are confident, and caring, and eclectic in their tastes and views, and most of all because they seem to be capable of relating to many, many different sorts of people.

Cheers!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I have a good idea (I think) of INFPs and INFJs and even ENFPs when it comes to spotting them in films and literature.

However, I seem to suck at it when it comes to ENFJs.

So... start listing some and why!
    Ok... I thought of one. Let me know what you think!

Ender from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. In my opinion he fits everything, from the empathy, the desire to maneuver individuals into better functioning social groups, his ability and desire to bring out the best in others, his quiet leadership abilities, the methods he uses to diffuse conflict whenever he could, and finally... his ability to crush an opponent when all else failed.

Ender Wiggins. Yup.