MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Did anybody see There Will Be Blood?
    Daniel Plainview is a great character study in scary sociopathic ENFJ.
    I love the movie, but come on!
    There are so many evil ENFJs in the fiction that you don't need to put the label on everyone! It spoils the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Hmm...an ambitious, misanthropic oil barren who enjoys schadenfreude. Why didn't I see it before? He must be ENFJ. :rolli:

Heh actually I'd probably put him as an xNTJ. Not sure if he's E or I though.
    Thanks for the eye-roll. I loved the character, though.

I'd probably go with INTJ, because of his amazing determination, planning, vision etc. He's an Introvert all the way - take for instance the whole monologue about how he hates people, or check his house in the final scene: a behemoth that is made to guard him from any encounter with people.
    Even his speech he used to convince people was copied every time and said with no true emotions.
    "Act as though it was impossible to fail."
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!

heart on fire

Roger Montgeoffry, aka the Earl Devane in Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen

A truly unforgettable, complex character.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Dunno if it's been said but Quinn in the Reign of Fire might be an ENFJ.
    Obvious one: Esmeralda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Oliver Queen, Smallville's version. Perhaps Smallville's Lois Lane as well. Anthony Dinozzo is ENFx. Derek Morgan. Sam Winchester is xNFJ.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    There's a big misconception that Fs have to be nice people.

Might I remind you that Hitler was likely ENFJ...look at Plainview's charisma with the people. NFJs can be just like NTJs in their brutal ambition and total belief that the ends justify the means. Fe isn't nice (or mean, or anything) on the inside; its entire conception of morality exists only as a function of interaction with others.

Plainview is waaaay too smooth with people and always knows exactly the right thing to say to placate them so he can get what he wants. I've seen ENTJs learn this via inferior Fi, but Daniel Day-Lewis's character here does it way too naturally to be T.
    Weird, I see your point re. 'smooth with people', although I don't think that's beyond an ambitious ENTJ either...I pegged him as ENTJ. I wouldn't have pegged him as ENFJ. Would have put the crazed preacher/cult leader as NFJ before Daniel...I viewed the two as similar - both quite ambitious - but ambitious in different ways. Preacher-guy wrapped around more of the human-spirit and emotional levels, and trying to dominate/manipulate people emotionally, Daniel more enterprising in a technical/non-people/purely entrepreneurial, wealth and industry-controlling way.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Has anybody thought about Shakespeare's Othello?

He has a strong ego built off his accomplishments and triumph over adversity, He's comfortable and eloquent as a public figure. (Obviously an E-type) He's showy, idealistic, intelligent and passionate. He is generally calm and collected, but is capable of hellish wrath under unfortunate manipulation and circumstances. He values his friends and trusts them a little bit too much. His love for Desdemona is too strong and passionate for him to be anything other than NF- his military upbringing and structured approach to solving problems and diffusing situations suggests he's a J.

I suppose it could be argued that he's an ESFJ- but I find his heightened self-awareness and his situational intelligence to point strongly towards him being an N-type.

Also consider- Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter? Morpheus in the Matrix? As a general rule, I think the stereotype role for the ENFJ is the benevolent mentor figure. As someone described earlier, "I'm in control, but I still care."

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    Also consider- Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter? Morpheus in the Matrix? As a general rule, I think the stereotype role for the ENFJ is the benevolent mentor figure. As someone described earlier, "I'm in control, but I still care."
    Very interesting... I definitely could see those two characters as ENFJs...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I have a good idea (I think) of INFPs and INFJs and even ENFPs when it comes to spotting them in films and literature.

However, I seem to suck at it when it comes to ENFJs.

So... start listing some and why!
    My favorite ficitonal ENFJ is Jesus Christ from The Holy Bible. Its a decent read, but has a bit too much sex and violence for some tastes.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INFJ

What about Jean Grey?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    My favorite ficitonal ENFJ is Jesus Christ from The Holy Bible. Its a decent read, but has a bit too much sex and violence for some tastes.
    Agreed.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris